Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 01:02 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times

Advertisements

That's interesting. I hadn't noticed that before.

I will say that I have noticed the Maxwell House before in their regular listings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 05:20 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,721,445 times
I stayed at the Maxwell House Hotel and it was horrible. Our work travel people knew no difference and it was advertised as being downtown so they put me there. It was not downtown and entire stay was subpar.

Coworkers have liked the Hutton Hotel and of course, the Hermitage.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:37 PM

914 posts, read 1,983,949 times
I almost exclusively book through Priceline or Hotwire now. N you just can't compete with what you can get through the bidding process or with a hidden hotel name. That being said, to fully take advantage of Priceline and Hotwire, using betterbidding.com is a must. For those that haven't used it before it is a user submitted list of hotels categorized by star level and location in priceline's case or by amenities in Hotwire's case.

For example, I know that these hotels are in the downtown listings for Priceline through name your own price:
Nashville (Downtown - Vanderbilt University)
4* Loews Vanderbilt Plaza
4* Marriott Vanderbilt
4* Renaissance
3.5* Aloft Nashville West End
3.5* Doubletree Hotel (previously 3*)
3.5* Sheraton
3.5* Wyndham Union Station (previously 3*)
3* Courtyard Downtown (4th Ave North)
3* Courtyard Vanderbilt West End (1901 West End Ave)
3* Holiday Inn Select Downtown (2613 West End Avenue)
3* Indigo Hotel
3* Millennium Maxwell House
3* Springhill Suites Metro (previously 2.5*)
2.5* Best Western Convention Center REVIEW
2.5* Hampton Inn
2.5* Holiday Inn Express
2* Extended StayAmerica

Or for Franklin:
3* aloft Cool Springs REVIEW
3* Embassy Suites
3* Hyatt Place Amerisuites Cool Springs
3* Marriott Franklin Cool Springs
2.5* Best Western Franklin Inn
2.5* Wingate by Wyndham
1* Homestead Studio Suites (previously 2*)
1* Baymont Inns (now La Quinta Franklin)

You can also see what people recently paid for winning bids. If you use the service then make sure you create an account and post bids too as this will help the community there and yield better results.

As a side note, Nashville's hotel market is REALLY tight right now and hotels in the downtown and west end areas are getting prices that compete wîth places like downtown Chicago. The Priceline and Hotwire rates will, therefore, be more expensive than almost any other city Nashville's size. Hopefully with the bevy of hotels being built right now downtown and in midtown/west end the prices will drop some. I can't help but think the prices are keeping some people away that might otherwise visit.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:22 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
Thankfully there are a lot of hotels under construction near downtown...but that won't help anything in the short term.

Not to hijack the thread, but here are some of the projects that are either under construction or soon to start.

SoBro:
-Omni Hotel (4th & Korean Veterans) ~800 rooms - under construction
-Hyatt Place (3rd & Molloy) ~255 rooms - under construction
-Hilton Garden Inn (3rd & Peabody) ~200 rooms - soon to start

West End:
-Homewood Suites (24th & West End) ~192 rooms - under construction
-Spring Hill Suites & Residence Inn (dual hotel - 18th & West End) ~250 rooms - starting

The Gulch:
-Fairfield Inn (Division near 10th) ~126 rooms - starting

Plus a number rumored large hotel projects or components of other soon to begin developments (West End Summit, Buckingham Development, rumored Lower Broad upscale hotel, rumored large scale full service hotel near convention center, twin hotel towers proposed next to convention center, rumored Gulch hotel).

Just like residential, we simply can't build enough to satisfy demand right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville