Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2013, 04:57 PM

2 posts, read 3,058 times

Advertisements

I am looking in to moving to Nashville TN I have a wife and a 10 mo. old daughter. We correctly live in Cincinnati, OH I have look on craglist and have not found nothing yet. I work at Five Guys Burger and Fries here in Cincinnati. My wife and I would love to move down there because thrre is more to do and we love country music. We have been down there once and we love it.We are looking for a two bedroom place and my monthly rent for the highest is $500.00 we do go to a Methodist church and we would love to found a great church home also. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 05:26 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,086,830 times
I just drove back from Cincinnati today . . what do you mean there is more to do here???? Really? You've got two big stadiums, the farmers market downtown . . . I really like Cincinnati!

That said, maybe you can transfer to a Five Guys down here - we do have a couple. Sadly, I don't think you will find any apartment in your price range at the moment. Very tight rental market right now and I think you might have to spend $750 - $800 to get a decent 2 bedroom place. They are building new places so maybe in a year or two, there will be less competition and prices will come down, but at the moment, I think it would be tough.

Maybe someone else has an idea as to where to find something in that price range. Best of luck!

Old 05-20-2013, 06:50 PM

49 posts, read 85,975 times
I'm glad you like Nashville but I agree with CountryGirl there really isn't much more to do in Nashville than in Cincinnati. Form the info you've given us, it sounds like you're wanting to move down here on a whim, don't. Find a decent job first and foremost and think long and hard before making a move, do lots of future planning. Also $500 a month for a 2 bedroom apartment will only get you a place in a dicey area and the condition of the apartment will probably be poor. Nashville is only like a 4-5 hour drive from Cincinnati, I would just visit frequently and have fun for now and not jump to pack your bags and move. If Nashville is absolutely calling your name and you really MUST move here, wait till your wages increase and you can afford a higher price range for apartments. Make sure you have a decent, stable job before moving here.

Good luck in your future endeavors

Old 05-21-2013, 06:02 PM

2 posts, read 3,058 times
Thank you for your all information about Nashville we will make sure that we have a good stable jobs before we we move down so for we are looking. Thank you again.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:14 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,325,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkuttler View Post
Thank you for your all information about Nashville we will make sure that we have a good stable jobs before we we move down so for we are looking. Thank you again.
That's a very good idea. The job market here isn't bad, but it's still not "easy"...plus, knowing where you work will help with finding a good place to live.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:50 PM

2 posts, read 20,873 times
how bicycle friendly are the streets in nashville? annnnnnd (wuh-ohh) has weed been decriminalized yet?

Old 06-08-2013, 05:07 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Neither bike nor weed friendly.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:11 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,325,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklandish View Post
how bicycle friendly are the streets in nashville? annnnnnd (wuh-ohh) has weed been decriminalized yet?
Bike lanes are being added in a number of places across the city, and the city in general is becoming more bike friendly. But there is still a ways to go. Many motorists aren't used to following cyclists, so on streets without bike lanes, it can potentially be dangerous (especially on the more heavily traveled thoroughfares).

Are you thinking of biking for exercise, or primarily as a form of transportation?

And no, weed has not been decriminalized. I do not believe that is on the horizon for Tennessee, either. It would take national decriminalization for that to happen, IMO. I don't promote the usage, but my advice would be, if you're going to do it here, travel with small amounts (1/2 oz or less).

Old 06-09-2013, 12:33 AM

550 posts, read 1,282,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklandish View Post
weed been decriminalized yet?
Tennessee will be one of the last states to legalize it. It's just a different culture here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville