Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 08:39 AM

43 posts, read 144,171 times

Advertisements

Well, I am sitting in the Opryland Hotel as I type this and I just wanted to let you all know that I am loving what I am seeing in the Brentwood/Franklin....and the whole Nashville area........:-)

I am so looking forward to our move!! I can hardly wait.

If you are considering moving to this area....you won't be disappointed.
Donna
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 08:45 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,204,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaye View Post
Well, I am sitting in the Opryland Hotel as I type this and I just wanted to let you all know that I am loving what I am seeing in the Brentwood/Franklin....and the whole Nashville area........:-)

I am so looking forward to our move!! I can hardly wait.

If you are considering moving to this area....you won't be disappointed.
Donna
If you'd sitting in the Delta part of the hotel . . . I drew the structural plans for that thing. It took almost a year.

I'm glad you're enjoying your trip to Nashville.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:46 AM

41 posts, read 193,015 times
Good advertisement for Opryland hotel

Old 10-26-2007, 08:50 AM

We plan to visit the Delta area today. I saw a bit of it last night as we had dinner at the Old Hickory Restaurant and it reminded me of the French Quarters. I will post later and tell you what an awesome job you did...:-))
I have always lived out in the rural area in Alabama and not close to a city and our town, which was about 15 miles away, doesn't offer much at all. I can already tell that I am going to be extremely happy here.
Donna

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
If you'd sitting in the Delta part of the hotel . . . I drew the structural plans for that thing. It took almost a year.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:01 AM

The weather hasn't been very nice this week but we really needed the rain. It's suppose to be fairly nice this weekend. Cool, but not really cold, and no rain.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:04 AM

Also, a warning . . . they are repaving part of I-65 in Cool Springs this weekend. You might want to listen to the TDOT broadcast (AM 1680) for whatever information about traffic they have.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:15 AM

Okay, thanks for the heads up. We are actually planning to go to Franklin tomorrow to the Fall/Halloween festival. We are trying to get her "into" the move. She doesn't like change and she doesn't want to leave her school and friends. I'm sure she will be fine once we get here.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:13 PM

I assume you're talking about your daughter (you may have posted her age previously; if you did, I just I don't remember). If she's not too old the Adventure Science Center is a lot of fun. And the Nashville Zoo. I've heard several people say that kids love one of those restaurant over there at Opry Mill (the one with the aquariums, I think).

If she's older take her to Cool Spring Mall. ;-)

Old 10-28-2007, 12:47 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,994 times
Quote:

Allycat,
That is the nicest part of the Hotel!

Kaye, Glad you love it here. When you move here and want to make friends, I suggest Nashville New Neighbors. Mostly everything is in Brentwood and Franklin. They have a group with the children also.

Diane

Old 10-28-2007, 07:26 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,959,037 times
Quote:
I assume you're talking about your daughter (you may have posted her age previously; if you did, I just I don't remember). If she's not too old the Adventure Science Center is a lot of fun. And the Nashville Zoo. I've heard several people say that kids love one of those restaurant over there at Opry Mill (the one with the aquariums, I think).

If she's older take her to Cool Spring Mall. ;-)
I ate at that restaurant yesterday with some friends from Florida. It had a great ambiance and it was really neat looking at the fish. They had sharks too. They also have an area in that mall where you can go in and feed the stingrays. I didn't go in, but there were lots of kids in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville