Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 08:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,075 times

Advertisements

Looking for the best and most affordable place to stay around the Nashville area. We have a family of five, my husband, myself and three teen boys ages 13-16. I am looking for a house/townhouse/ apt... 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths (750-1100 monthly to rent). My husband works off hardings place but we have been warned that this would not be the ideal place to move. We are looking around the hermitage and now Hendersonville area. Would like to know of any absolutely staff away from areas and the nicer areas. In need of good schools ranging from middle to high school. Thanks.

Last edited by MsMeeka3; 06-24-2013 at 08:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 08:36 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times
I think with your budget you're looking in exactly the right place. I don't know too much about schools in Hendersonville or Hermitage but I haven't heard that they are bad by any means.

This website might be helpful. You just put in the city (Hendersonville) and the price range, bedrooms, etc. and it will show you possibilities. Some of the Craigslist listings might be out of date but it will give you apartment complexes, etc.

https://www.padmapper.com/

Old 06-25-2013, 12:42 PM

49 posts, read 98,941 times
You're probably going to have a difficult time finding something within that price range in the Hendersonville area. Gallatin might be a surer bet, but you are going to have to deal with a somewhat higher crime rate. It's not comparable to the rougher parts of Nashville by any means, but it's still something to consider.

Realistically, if you're wanting something cheaper than Hendersonville, I'd look in Gallatin before I ever checked around Hermitage.

I was looking around on Zillow the other day and DID see a few houses that are close to your description for $1,100 to $1,200 a month, so I'd check there. It's as simple as going to the page for Hendersonville and filtering out the "homes for sale" and "foreclosures", then checking off the box for rental properties.

115 Newman St, Hendersonville, TN 37075 - Zillow

For example, the place above might not look like much, but it's in a very decent area of town. Unfortunately it doesn't have a second bathroom, but it meets your other criteria.

106 River Bend Rd, Hendersonville, TN 37075 - Zillow

Here's another for $950 a month. 3BD/2BA. It's packed in a little bit tight with the other houses surrounding it, but for that price in a very safe city it's an absolute steal.

Hope this helps!

Old 06-25-2013, 02:59 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,843,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
I think with your budget you're looking in exactly the right place. I don't know too much about schools in Hendersonville or Hermitage but I haven't heard that they are bad by any means.

This website might be helpful. You just put in the city (Hendersonville) and the price range, bedrooms, etc. and it will show you possibilities. Some of the Craigslist listings might be out of date but it will give you apartment complexes, etc.

https://www.padmapper.com/

Sorry but there is a Huge difference between the quality of schools in Hendersonville as opposed to Hermitage. McGavock is the high school for Hermitage and it has a very poor reputation due to safety and quality of education.

Any of Hendersonville's 3 high schools would be a much better bet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville