Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 10:44 PM

2 posts, read 17,992 times

Advertisements

why take a poll on this issue? i mean, that's like debating which team won the 2007 World Series.....

jeez......what zips do you people live in?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 10:49 PM

11 posts, read 46,406 times
I am from pensacola florida, what can you tell me about living in belle meade, and how do the locals feel about others moving there?

Old 11-07-2007, 10:51 PM

11 posts, read 46,406 times
Default to anyone out there

hello from hounddogdm what are some of the great things about living in tennessee?

Old 11-07-2007, 11:13 PM

2 posts, read 17,992 times
Default "what can you tell me about living in belle meade?"

well, it's for the wealthy. only.

visitors from "other" areas of Nashville make quaint, weekend forays into Percy Warner and Sportsman's to pretend they live here. To breathe the ether of '05. Yearning to live in Belle Meade. But when the parks and Sportsman's closes, the visitors disappear back to their corners of town....

Lexus cars, lobster lunches, and bottomless bank accounts. can't beat it......

Old 11-08-2007, 07:46 AM

8 posts, read 102,083 times
In fact, they're so rich that they create there own threads instead of replying in the topic thread. All of the above is true though. Belle Meade puts Franklin/Brentwood to shame in terms of wealth. Buuuutttt...I've always been slow to brag when talking to people outside of Nashville. Bellemeade is big fish, small pond.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:48 AM

2,779 posts, read 5,497,976 times
I would never move to Belle Meade if I wasn't from the South and old money. Even the country stars usually stay away from there. Its beautiful but if your wife isn't in the Junior League and your daughter isn't a debutante, you're going to have an issue. We're much happier in Brentwood.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:44 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,010 times
There's no lake anywhere near Belle Meade, which means less chicks in bikinis, which means it is an inferior place to live when compared to Hendersonville.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:29 AM

19 posts, read 146,257 times
Uh, actually there is a really nice lake only 4 or 5 minutes from Belle Meade. It's called Radnor Lake, and no, there are no "chicks in bikinis" or beer cans, but there are tons of trails around the natural lake and in the surrounding woods. There is no pollution or trash at all because people respect the park. It's a great place to take a girl, or your kids...It's on google maps....check it out... most people from Hendersonville would never know, & that's one additional reason it's great, but everyone should still check it out...

& 37205, you're a huge prick who obviously just spends his parents money, adding nothing to society.... & coming from a fellow 37205, please move away

Old 11-13-2007, 08:36 PM

I've been to Radnor Lake, and while I agree it's a great date spot and beautiful scenery, it still isn't a REAL lake suitable for skiing, boating, etc. I'm not saying Belle Meade isn't pretty, because it is, but come on, this is Tennessee, you can find natural beauty in any zip code. When it comes down to it, the only thing that makes that area more special than anywhere else in Nashville is the prestige of having that 37205 on your mailing address.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Ca$hville View Post
Uh, actually there is a really nice lake only 4 or 5 minutes from Belle Meade. It's called Radnor Lake, and no, there are no "chicks in bikinis" or beer cans, but there are tons of trails around the natural lake and in the surrounding woods. There is no pollution or trash at all because people respect the park. It's a great place to take a girl, or your kids...It's on google maps....check it out... most people from Hendersonville would never know, & that's one additional reason it's great, but everyone should still check it out...

& 37205, you're a huge prick who obviously just spends his parents money, adding nothing to society.... & coming from a fellow 37205, please move away
I've been to Radnor Lake, and while I agree it's a great date spot and beautiful scenery, it still isn't a REAL lake suitable for skiing, boating, girl-watching, etc.

I'm not saying Belle Meade isn't pretty, because it is, but come on, this is Tennessee, you can find natural beauty in any zip code. When it comes down to it, the only thing that makes that area more special than anywhere else in Nashville is the prestige of having that 37205 on your mailing address.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville