Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 05:59 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,046,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anony-Momma View Post

If only someone with power at Kroger would head to the Midwest to check out those stores and make HT more of that kind of store!

Kroger HQ is in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 08:43 PM

584 posts, read 1,134,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead_vol View Post
Kroger HQ is in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Cincinnati - so close to Kentucky it might be considered Southern. Do they say "y'all" there, or "you guys"? I never figured out where that "y'all" ended and "you guys" began.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:01 PM

256 posts, read 480,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
Having never shopped at any of them until I moved here (NorCal is a Safeway, Albertsons, Luckys area), I prefer Publix since it seems "nicer" than the "ghetto/yuppie Kroger" (how it was described to me) which is closest to me. Rather interesting mix of items they carry!

I haven't been to TH (not sure where they actually are), but I much prefer to drive down to Fresh Market (or whatever it's called). I love Whole Foods but would rather gouge my eyes out than go to Green Hills and the other one is too far. I have trouble going outside the 440 loop!
If you go to Fresh Market in Brentwood i'm suprised you haven't noticed HT. It's basically across the street of Fresh Market. It's kinda tucked backed a little, but it's there. HT gets swallowed up by a parking lot and is off the main drag a little.

Last edited by JMT; 07-12-2013 at 04:17 AM.. Reason: Removed a personal question that would be better sent as a DM.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:49 PM

49 posts, read 98,708 times
And the trend of monopolization by much larger corporations continues!

Kind of a shame, Harris Teeter stores are very nice. A bit out of my price range, but they're definitely classy.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:37 AM

1,062 posts, read 2,046,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anony-Momma View Post
Cincinnati - so close to Kentucky it might be considered Southern. Do they say "y'all" there, or "you guys"? I never figured out where that "y'all" ended and "you guys" began.

Cincinnati absolutely does not consider themselves southern nor do they say y'll. At least from what I have seen. But I know what you're saying.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:00 PM

3,013 posts, read 3,261,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly1989 View Post
And the trend of monopolization by much larger corporations continues!

Kind of a shame, Harris Teeter stores are very nice. A bit out of my price range, but they're definitely classy.
The trick to HT is to get their store discount card & get their store brand of products. Save $ per box for cereals & other items.

In some departments, HT has some teaching to Kroger. New refrigerated case has doors similar to the frozen food. Hopefully, results in lower cost of operation. Better service, carefully load plastic/paper bag so you don't carry so many bags with just 1 item.

I bet won't be long for Kroger to replace HT for the "standard" cheap store brand products. Can the combination make savvy shoppers forget Wal-Mart?

Old 07-12-2013, 10:19 PM

11,597 posts, read 12,633,715 times
I hope that they leave HT stores alone. My fear is that HT's fate might mirror Lands End. When Sears bought out Lands End, they promised it would remain independent and keep the status quo. Then, they started selling Lands End merchandise in Sears retail outlets. Before you knew it, the quality of the merchandise and customer service declined dramatically. Special services, such as free heming of pants was eliminated.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:56 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,533,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
I hope that they leave HT stores alone. My fear is that HT's fate might mirror Lands End. When Sears bought out Lands End, they promised it would remain independent and keep the status quo. Then, they started selling Lands End merchandise in Sears retail outlets. Before you knew it, the quality of the merchandise and customer service declined dramatically. Special services, such as free heming of pants was eliminated.
huh? I can still custom order the length of my pants and I actually am sad Sears is leaving Cool Springs because I like the Lands End store there.

THe only thing that Kroger has that I would like at HT is the gas points.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:58 AM

722 posts, read 2,097,550 times
I used to love the HT in Brentwood when I worked there. Then I got married and my wife introduced me to Aldi which I now love. I am split between Publix and Kroger for the remainder of goods. It is striking the difference in feel from the Publix and Kroger almost next to each other in Hendersonville (Publix bright, clean. Kroger just looks old and dim) but the other Kroger in Hendersonville is nicer by VV. I gave up on shopping at Kroger for gas points and just take my 3 cents off.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:31 PM

256 posts, read 480,969 times
I tried to get my wife to shop at Aldi and she just doesn't get it. She feels like everything there is out of date stuff, like the day old bread store. The odd store brand names etc. Trader Joe's and Aldi are owned separately by two German brothers, the Albrecht's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville