Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2013, 11:50 AM

45 posts, read 74,714 times

Advertisements

Hello Again Forum,

I hope this finds you all well. I am kinda stuck in what to do. Some of the people say do not move to Nashville without a job. Since the employment in TN is very few and far in between. While I am open to temp services, it's just not the best idea at the current moment. It would be difficult to move with a 9 year old without some type of job security.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 12:13 PM

35,077 posts, read 31,302,097 times
I wouldn't move anywhere without a job these days. Where are you from and why Nashville?

I would use Google Voice or a similar service to get a local number. You may also be able to get a PO Box for a local address. State in your cover letter that you are seeking relocation to this area.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:38 PM

I am in Kingsport TN. I am wanting to relocate to Nashville because my husband got accepted to Vandy University to spend his last year and half. It's possible that we will be there for at least 5 years in Nashville, possibly longer. However I am seeking some type of job security. I do not want to move there without a job security. Just looking at job prospects. It doesn't look good.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:51 PM

35,077 posts, read 31,302,097 times
Can he go and you stay if it comes to that? I can't imagine finding work in Nashville would be harder than Kingsport. If you did move, the odds of landing a job greatly improve. It sounds like this move would be a long term positive - I'd try making it happen any way I could. I have gotten some interviews in the Nashville area - it's doing much much better than the Tri-Cities

Old 07-24-2013, 05:06 PM

Yes the job market is better in Nashville than Kingsport. However, if you do not get the job that is supportive of living (ie: slightly above min. wage) it would not be beneficial in any way. As far as staying while dear husband move, is an option we are dealing with at the moment. He's in Cookeville, while I am here with our son. We are hoping to be living together by the end of the year, since it's been exactly one year since we have been under one roof. If you ever seen Cookeville, you will know it's worse than Kingsport. With this new opportunity in Nashville, it's very exciting and even positive. Nevertheless still nervous because I want a job with a certain income for survival.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:17 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times
What type of job are you looking for? What search engine are you using to find jobs here?

We just relocated to the Nashville area from MI and I am finding plenty of jobs to apply for and am actually getting calls back for interviews. I think the job market here is better than a lot of other areas.

I have found jobs that are temp to hire here also from the Temp Services. Depends upon what you need/want if the pay is poor or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville