Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 12:19 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times

Advertisements

Also, if Metro schools improved system-wide, then those "few" zones that are the most desirable would not have buyers circling like buzzards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 12:29 PM

813 posts, read 2,031,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat02 View Post
I live in Antioch, in a one bedroom apartment in a not so awesome area. If I re-lease my rent is increasing over 40 dollars per month. I'm angry. This apartment isn't worth nearly 700 a month. Damn you Nashville, and your costly housing...
Are you set on an apartment complex or would a unit in a house be fine? I see stuff in your range on Craigslist that's closer in even in Sylvan Park. Nothing glamorous, but maybe you can try something a little different for a year? Maybe passing on a pool or on-site gym for a neighborhood you like better? Personally, I prefer renting a small cottage or from a smaller property management business to most of those sprawling complexes that are common in Antioch, Bellevue and Hermitage.

I would also start asking friends if they know of places available for rent. That's how we found the house we're currently renting for under market rate. We have no intention on leaving until we're ready to buy.

Old 08-05-2013, 04:46 PM

933 posts, read 2,742,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Also, if Metro schools improved system-wide, then those "few" zones that are the most desirable would not have buyers circling like buzzards.
Buyers are circling like buzzards in PLENTY of zones in the metro school area that aren't known for thier public school systems (at least middle and high school). Different type of buyers probably, but plenty of "buzzards" circling right now

Old 08-05-2013, 11:03 PM

701 posts, read 2,030,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
Are you set on an apartment complex or would a unit in a house be fine? I see stuff in your range on Craigslist that's closer in even in Sylvan Park. Nothing glamorous, but maybe you can try something a little different for a year? Maybe passing on a pool or on-site gym for a neighborhood you like better? Personally, I prefer renting a small cottage or from a smaller property management business to most of those sprawling complexes that are common in Antioch, Bellevue and Hermitage.

I would also start asking friends if they know of places available for rent. That's how we found the house we're currently renting for under market rate. We have no intention on leaving until we're ready to buy.
I don't even use any of the apartment amenities. I haven't used the pool here once this year, and I have a gym membership elsewhere. I'd definitely be willing (and even prefer) to be in a house.

What are you seeing exactly? Got any links by chance?

Old 08-06-2013, 10:57 PM

I've decided I want to live in East Nashville.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:08 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat02 View Post
I've decided I want to live in East Nashville.
Ha. What area?

Old 08-07-2013, 12:59 AM

933 posts, read 2,742,475 times
If your renting, there have been some people posting rooms available in houses just tonight on the East Nashville list serve. That might be the best way to go. Good luck.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Ha. What area?
I dunno, those Cayce homes look pretty nice

I'm not sure what area yet. But somewhere in East.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Ha. What area?
I dunno, those Cayce homes look pretty nice

I'm not sure what area yet. But somewhere in East. I love the older, single family homes I see over there and the view of the skyline from that side of the city is *thumbs up*

Old 08-07-2013, 08:51 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
lol @ Cayce. I'm guessing the homes you are talking about with the skyline view would be Edgefield?

I'm a fan of East End, Lockeland Springs, and Eastwood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville