Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2013, 03:20 PM

8 posts, read 11,848 times

Advertisements

Hi. My daughter (who is in the 5th grade in Metro Schools) and I have been living in Bellevue for almost two years now--in River Plantation. We love it--except: 1) there are no kids in our section and (2) I drive her to a magnet school which is passable but maybe not the best we could do (IT Creswell Arts Magnet).

I am considering a move to Hendersonville for the schools and for something that is more family friendly. I work in Joelton.

Not sure if we want to move since this area is so nice, but we cannot afford private schools. I think Franklin would be pretty far from my job in Joelton.

Thinking about renting a one-bedroom apartment so we can save to buy a home within a couple of years (or perhaps a well-priced two bedroom). Right now, we pay $1150 including water for a two bedroom.

We really want somewhere that is family friendly.

Any suggestions for an apartment in Hendersonville or Gallatin? Any opinions on such a relocation?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 06:47 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,741,047 times
Hendersonville is a great town, Don C can tell you more about it than I can.

Also, have you considered Springfield?

Old 10-18-2013, 08:10 PM

Default Schools

The only apartments with any reviews were Legacy Hill. Price was right. Still, maybe better to hold out for house or private owner.

I looked at Springfield Middle School's website--really cute newsletter. They also have positive reviews by community members on greatschools.org. Test scores were really low though. Any input on the schools in Springfield or White House? My daughter is not challenged where she is. But maybe a smaller school would have more individual attention.

Thanks

Old 10-19-2013, 09:06 PM

719 posts, read 1,480,006 times
Hendersonville has several nice apartment complexes. You might enjoy living at Aventura Apartments in Hendersonville. It is in the middle of Indian Lake shopping and restaurants. They also have 24 hour tanning beds etc etc. I don't know if I am allowed to post a link here, so I will suggest Googling Aventura in Hendersonville. Also, regarding the schools. My son went to Sumner Academy as well as Hendersonville public schools and the education was nearly identical. However, he was in school long before Merroll Hyde Magnet opened. It is a public school, with criteria to get in, but the students there seem to get a very challenging and fulfilling education. It is in Hendersonville but serves all of Sumner County. US News and World Report named the school 41st from the top out of more than 2,000 magnet schools in the US. Just a suggestion.

Old 10-20-2013, 12:47 PM

Default Thanks!

Thanks! We are going to go look next weekend. It looks like the magnet might be an option--even if we have to apply more than one year to get a spot.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:01 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
I have heard that Hickory Run, Monthhaven Park, and Adventura Apartments are nice, you should be able to find one in your price range with those 3. If you look at others you may want to see reviews because some of these in Hendersonville are very old and not very well kept.
It is a very nice area for families

Old 10-21-2013, 07:16 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,470,452 times
Some great advice thus far. If it were me, I would probably do 2 searches. First, research the schools you're interested in attending (Nannie Berry, Jack Anderson, Station Camp, Beech are probably the most popular at the Elementary level, Hunter, Station Camp, KDDC are good at the Middle School level [6-8]). Then look at rentals that would put you in that school zone. The second option would be to let your budget determine where you live. A 1 bedroom at your price point should be definitely do-able. Maybe even a 2 BR if you got creative.

The apartments listed above are great options. I think all of these above are new or built within the last 5-7 years. While its true some of the apartments in Hville are older, I wouldn't rule them out necessarily. We lived in Nottingham off of Sanders Ferry for about 8 months while we were waiting on a home closing to go through and that was fine. (That was also 10 years ago) Likewise, we lived in a condo rental off of Sanders Ferry while waiting for another home closing and that was a pretty good solution too. So you likely can find something a little cheaper or the same price with greater sq ft.

Finally, Merroll Hyde is a fantastic school. The issue I think would be that you have to establish residency in Sumner County before getting tested. I would research their website to make certain, but if memory serves, the testing is done in either January or February and I don't recall what the residency date is but obviously you'd have to meet that as well. So maybe the first year might not work out for you time-wise, but the second year certainly would.

Let me know if you have more questions and we'll do our best to answer!

Old 11-04-2013, 04:42 AM

Default Hawkins/Lakeside Park

Anybody have any experience with Hawkins Middle School (say last five years or so)? The elementary is Lakeside Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville