Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2014, 06:42 PM

64 posts, read 90,758 times

Advertisements

Anyone know anything abt this newer neighborhood- Ladd Park. It's near the agricultural center right off of 65. Anything abt the schools- I know Paige high is good but no idea abt elementary school. Thx!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 01:56 PM

5 posts, read 7,274 times
We have been in Ladd Park 2 1/2 years and love it. Great neighboorhood and neighbors; very social. We have 2 kids in Oakview Elementary and have nothing but praise for the faculty there.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:57 AM

175 posts, read 373,863 times
I had friends that lived there and love it. The schools are great (as are all Williamson County schools but these are near the top of the list I'd say). I think it's a great community.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:59 PM

Good to hear! Tmac21- do u know anything abt the high school? What all amenities, social groups, etc? I take it a lot of families with young kids?? We have an 8, 5 and 3yr old. Also, any negatives abt location or being near agricultural center? Thx so much for info.

Old 01-18-2014, 03:24 PM

2,428 posts, read 5,546,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracybader View Post
Good to hear! Tmac21- do u know anything abt the high school? What all amenities, social groups, etc? I take it a lot of families with young kids?? We have an 8, 5 and 3yr old. Also, any negatives abt location or being near agricultural center? Thx so much for info.
Page is a good solid high school. It has everything most traditional public high schools have. It is a little smaller than the other county high schools but still large enough to have everything you could want. It is a pull of more rural kids and kids from affluent suburban subdivisions.

The agriculture center is where the county fair is. I can't think of any drawbacks to living there.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:37 AM

5 posts, read 7,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracybader View Post
There are so many kids between the age of 18 months to 12 yrs old. We have 2 boys 10 and 7 (1st and 4th grade), and they have Lots of friends in the neighborhood. The pool is the big amenity; jr. Olympic size with 6 lanes. The kiddie pool should be complete by Memorial Day. We also have a great trail system for walking, running or mountain biking

Ag center isn't an issue except for graduation day, getting down long road is tough with traffic. We like having it there. We have gone to events there that we probably wouldn't have gone to if wasn't so close. Only negative is if you have to come south on 65 between 4 and 6 it's slow with construction. But that's only temporary. I can give you my # if you want to contact me with any questions.

Last edited by tmac21; 01-19-2014 at 12:51 AM..

Old 01-19-2014, 06:57 AM

So good to hear!!! Sounds like the exact kind of neighborhood we want!!!

How is the commute on back roads to 24. My husband will be working in la vergne and will have to drive back roads to get to work.

What's the plan with Carothers pkway? Are they extending it? When all is that happening?

Hoping we end up in Ladd park bc it sounds like a great fit for us. If we do I will reach out for your number bc I'm sure I will have lots of questions! There are a few new constructions that we are going to look at since we will have to be out there by march. Any inside scoop would be great!

Thx again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville