Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 08:48 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,360,450 times

Advertisements

Great photos. Thank you for sharing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 11:42 PM

126 posts, read 408,602 times
Awesome pics! I've got to make it up to Nashville soon!!

Old 12-07-2007, 08:08 AM

11 posts, read 103,888 times
Default Wow Nashville is Beautiful !!!!!

James thank you so much for posting these photos. You recently were so nice about responding to a posting I had made inquiring about relocating to Nashville. These photos show how progressive and cool Nashville really is. My partner and I are now planning to make a trip to Nashville and I am actually excitied and not hesitant as I was at first. Thanks alot and Happy Holidays.

Eric

Old 12-07-2007, 05:09 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,903,549 times
Moderator cut: removed quoted post with multiple pics

Don't get me wrong - Nashville rocks , but it bears an eerie resemblance to Los Angeles - if I captioned some of your pics with addresses in LA no one would question it ...in that both are entertainment capitals I guess it's not such a stretch...they both like the bling that's for sure...

Last edited by Beretta; 03-09-2008 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: removed quoted post

Old 12-11-2007, 05:48 PM

813 posts, read 2,030,844 times
It was 75 degrees and sunny today so I grabbed the camera and got some more shots around Midtown and Green Hills.

Parthenon in Centennial Park with downtown as its' backdrop.

Midtown/West End from Centennial Park.

Random West End Park neighborhood development and views.

Nevada Heights neighborhood from West End Park. These homes must have some incredible views!

Next are some shots from around Music Row in Midtown. Unfortunately, many of these are marred by our incredibly ugly power lines. We need to bury those lines soon!

Crane for the Rhythm at Music Row

The Gulch residential/retail projects from Music Row: ICON (left) and Terrazzo (right)

ICON (22 floors)

Terrazzo (14 floors)

Downtown from Music Row

Here's some of the new Green Hills developments: Hill Center and Bedford Commons. Green Hills is one of the wealthiest and most bustling neighborhoods located about seven miles south of downtown Nashville.

Hill Center is first. I really, really wish some residential was added on top and around this retail and office development. A residential component would have truly made this development

These are from the Bedford Commons development a couple of blocks from Hill Center. This development consists of office, retail, and residential.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:11 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,231,327 times
after being so used to seeing "Bellsouth" on the batman building (since my family moved to Tenn in the mid 90s), anything else just doesn't look right.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:52 PM

20 posts, read 98,444 times
Please don't quote posts with like 20 pictures, it's annoying and unnecessary.

Old 03-09-2008, 02:13 PM

156 posts, read 451,013 times
I know this is an old thread, but WOW - loved the pictures! Granted, I can't really comment on the skyline being from NY, but it is beautiful to see.

I look forward to going into Nashville again, will be at Tin Roof in April to check out a band.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:41 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
Yes, I agree those are great shots of Nashville. You mentioned some of the new projects. The one I hope that gets built is the Signature Tower which would be over 1,000 ft. I know it's been held up but I'm hopeful it can still happen. It would be such a dramatic addition to downtown at that height and the design is great, especially the top. I've read that they still need to sell a certain number of units to get the financing and I'm not sure if the height issue with the FAA has been resolved. That could be a major problem if it isn't. Anyway, thanks for those photos.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:03 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,903,549 times
Downtown Nashville has a lot going for it...good looking aint one of em -folks this is one butt ugly city...sure it has a hot music scene, good food, Vandy, but it will never win any design awards..it's a mish mosh...looks like the westside of LA on a bad day....wish it looked better but compare it to Boston or even Baltimore...I don't understand why folks want to live there for so much money..I just don't see the value...traffic is choking bad too...better areas are Franklin, Green Hills, and if ya want pretty Liepers Fork ! Good luck...TN is a good choice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville