Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2014, 09:46 AM

29 posts, read 48,806 times

Advertisements

This is a long shot, but here goes - I'm trying to come up with evening entertainment suitable for visiting children ages 5-10, here in Nashville (tonight and tomorrow), and I see that the Sounds are putting on a fireworks display (presumably at LP Field). Does anyone know of a good viewing spot that would be comfortable for children? The likeliest spots are downtown in the midst of all the adult honkytonk. Maybe Riverfront Park or the pedestrian bridge, but it would be nice to have a kid-friendly strategy, rather than experimenting with them in tow. Suggestions handy to the Art Crawl on 5th would be especially valuable, as would any other after-dinner ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 09:56 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,471,263 times
The Sounds' fireworks display is at Greer Stadium, where they play. Honestly, the best spot is inside the stadium. You may (if you're lucky) be able to find a spot outside the stadium along the street near Ft. Negly, but I wouldn't count on it.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:58 PM

good to know - thanks! glad I didn't have to find out the hard way.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:13 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,471,263 times
Ha...yeah, that'd be very disappointing! You can buy general admission seats probably later in the ballgame for very cheap. Maybe $5 or less/person. They usually draw decent crowds on fireworks night though they won't be sold out.

I actually thought of a place you could go watch the fireworks, but I personally wouldn't due to possible safety concerns. Dudley Park between 3rd and 4th ave south off of Chestnut would give you great views of the fireworks. But that area is hit and miss safetywise. I'm sure you'd be fine, but I'm not sure I'd take my kids down there at 9-10:00 at night.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:04 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,772 times
Here's the info on the Sounds. Lots of great junk food . . hot dogs, ice cream, etc. And they have a goofy mascot that runs around AND some kind of kids race, I think it's after the game? But if it's a nice night, it's a fun way to spend a couple hours . . . it's casual.

The Official Site of The Nashville Sounds | nashvillesounds.com Homepage

Also, the Science Museum is having a 'star party' tonight. It starts at 8:30 - is that too late???

http://www.adventuresci.com/

Old 05-16-2014, 05:01 PM

Thanks, Don and Girl! Great suggestions; I will check out Dudly Park for next time -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville