Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 10:25 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,467,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yank283 View Post
Yeah, I had heard that. Now we need another Trader Joes (which isn't overrated either) somewhere besides in Green Hills.
Amen to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 10:34 AM

4 posts, read 5,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budgiegirl View Post
OK I may get beaten up for this... but for a city with the moniker "Music City", I think the radio station selection sort of stinks.
What stations is everybody listening to? I don't miss my home town of Philadelphia, but at least when I go back to visit, there are plenty of radio stations worth listening to...
I listen to the Bert show on 106.7 in the morning. I think it's hilarious &. Makes me feel like I'm riding to work with my friends. Other than that... I agree. It's terrible.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:55 PM

82 posts, read 88,327 times
Quote:
Yeah, I had heard that. Now we need another Trader Joes (which isn't overrated either) somewhere besides in Green Hills.
I would like to see more "nice" grocery stores like Trader Joe's come down to Murfreesboro. While I'm a temporary college student, I have gotten tired of seeing the same Kroger/Walmart selections over the last couple years. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have so many of them but I'd like to see alternative food options. I suppose I could go to Publix except it is kind of out of the way for me.

Same with dining. Maybe it's just cause I was born/raised/lived my whole life around Nashville but Murfreesboro needs to do some catching up.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:54 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,325,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineDreams View Post
I would like to see more "nice" grocery stores like Trader Joe's come down to Murfreesboro. While I'm a temporary college student, I have gotten tired of seeing the same Kroger/Walmart selections over the last couple years. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have so many of them but I'd like to see alternative food options. I suppose I could go to Publix except it is kind of out of the way for me.

Same with dining. Maybe it's just cause I was born/raised/lived my whole life around Nashville but Murfreesboro needs to do some catching up.
Well, Murfreesboro has an Aldi's.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:54 AM

764 posts, read 2,548,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Well, Murfreesboro has an Aldi's.
While Aldi is pretty great for bargain shoppers, there are actually quite a few Mboro residents that can afford and would like to see a Whole Foods/Trader Joe's here. Contrary to the apparent view of many on this forum not everyone in Rutherford County is just poor white trailer-trash dependent on food stamps and discount grocery stores.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Moon View Post
While Aldi is pretty great for bargain shoppers, there are actually quite a few Mboro residents that can afford and would like to see a Whole Foods/Trader Joe's here. Contrary to the apparent view of many on this forum not everyone in Rutherford County is just poor white trailer-trash dependent on food stamps and discount grocery stores.
I was just giving an alternative to Kroger/Walmart/Publix. A current alternative. There was no commentary about possible future options from my end.

No need to attach my post to the perception that everyone in Rutherford County is poor. I know that is not the case.

Thank you.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:02 AM

813 posts, read 2,030,844 times
Quote:
We're overdue for probably a couple of more TJs at this juncture. I'd look for them to announce another store within a few years now that the TN wine laws are getting sorted out. That seemed to be their rationale for why we have a single store in this area each time I've asked.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:39 PM

764 posts, read 2,548,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
I was just giving an alternative to Kroger/Walmart/Publix. A current alternative. There was no commentary about possible future options from my end.

No need to attach my post to the perception that everyone in Rutherford County is poor. I know that is not the case.

Thank you.
Nashvols, I respect all that you contribute to this board but there was thinly-veiled snark behind your Aldi comment and you well know it. I doubt a single person in the Nashville area is unaware of the vast difference between Aldi and Trader Joe's and the socio-economic status of those who would shop there. To suggest Aldi to someone asking for a 'nicer' grocery store is ridiculous.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Moon View Post
Nashvols, I respect all that you contribute to this board but there was thinly-veiled snark behind your Aldi comment and you well know it. I doubt a single person in the Nashville area is unaware of the vast difference between Aldi and Trader Joe's and the socio-economic status of those who would shop there. To suggest Aldi to someone asking for a 'nicer' grocery store is ridiculous.
There wasn't any snark. I guess I was focusing on 'other options' more so than 'nice'. Maybe I missed the focus of the post, but since Walmart was mentioned, I figured I would throw that out there. I would rather shop at Aldi than Walmart.

Old 05-23-2014, 04:10 AM

9,678 posts, read 9,375,415 times
Come on Costco!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville