Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 08:53 PM

256 posts, read 481,998 times

Advertisements

New joint coming to the square.

Crescent City Poboys!

https://www.facebook.com/crescentcitypoboys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 09:57 PM

Swaney Swift’s on the Square is coming to Gallatin's Square.

A new restaurant from the owners of The Chocolate Covered Strawberry Café, will open around mid-January, said owner Bonnie Waldron. The restaurant will be in the old Swaney-Swift Drugstore building at 118 N. Water Ave., which was most recently home to The Whippoorwill.

More here

Old 12-10-2014, 08:36 AM

145 posts, read 204,031 times
at least i'm happy its being discussed and addressed and opinions wanted
lots of towns face "what to do with downtown"
carmel indiana has a wonderful downtown...it took a lot of money and work and planning
but its packed and people spend money and move there

Old 01-18-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcitymike View Post
Swaney Swift’s on the Square is coming to Gallatin's Square.

A new restaurant from the owners of The Chocolate Covered Strawberry Café, will open around mid-January, said owner Bonnie Waldron. The restaurant will be in the old Swaney-Swift Drugstore building at 118 N. Water Ave., which was most recently home to The Whippoorwill.

More here

Went to Swaney Swift’s on the Square and enjoyed the Blue Cheese burger and fries. They also appearently throw in some fried pickles too when you order with fries. Nice little touch.

Place was very busy during lunch on Friday.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:45 PM

Attempted to meet someone from lunch today at Crescent City Poboys, only to see a sign they were "closed due to technical difficulties". So we mozyied on down to Swaney Swift’s for lunch.

After lunch, I notice there was some construction going on at the old Pizza Machine location. Not sure what's going in there, but the place was gutted, and the worker was chiseling the plaster off of the walls exposing the brick underneath, which looked to be in good condition.

Old 02-11-2016, 10:43 PM

Quote:
I notice there was some construction going on at the old Pizza Machine location. Not sure what's going in there, but the place was gutted, and the worker was chiseling the plaster off of the walls exposing the brick underneath, which looked to be in good condition.
Here's an update. Looks like it's going to be an office plex.

Historic building to be home to new economy

www.106publicsquare.com

Old 02-12-2016, 11:44 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,467,934 times
Quote:
Here's an update. Looks like it's going to be an office plex.

Historic building to be home to new economy

www.106publicsquare.com
Thanks for the link. That is probably a good use of that space. It's nestled back in a corner there and just not quite as convenient of a location as Swaney's and Crescent City's along Water Ave.

I really think the square is developing well. Still lots of improvements to be made and I'd really like to see about 3-4 more steady weekend options open up (either restaurants/bars/family options). But so far so good.

Old 02-15-2016, 01:03 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,969,244 times
We need shopping.
Like a Tillys or Rue standalone.
I am tired of having to drive out of Gallatin to buy any clothes what so ever.
Literally not a single store carries anything I need.

Old 02-15-2016, 01:05 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,969,244 times
Oh a small VS would be nice too.
Driving to the nicer one downtown is just too much of a pain and it makes it harder to go more often.
And an Apple Store��, same thing, I had to drive an hour just to get my phone fixed and they're always packed.

Old 02-15-2016, 01:07 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,738,916 times
There is no reason to build those in Gallatin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville