Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 10:29 AM

152 posts, read 283,504 times

Advertisements

Is there a special place that you know of to watch fireworks?

There is a little town in Wisconsin that only has it's community there. They have an ampitheater, live music, dancing, cookout and fireworks. They play music while the fireworks are going. We love going there even though we aren't from that town -- we even have volunteered because we love this towns firework celebration so much.

We cannot go this year and since we JUST moved here, I thought I would ask. I'm sure there are others who are interested as well.

Where is the best place in your opinion to watch fireworks?

We're willing to travel a little, just not as far as Wisconsin : )

The Smokey Mountains?

Franklin?

Nashville?

Not looking for the biggest crowd, but will go there if it is simply the best. Just looking for a fun community feel with music and fireworks. Small or big town is great!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 01:51 PM

838 posts, read 1,210,875 times
So, we tell you our secret location (and the couple hundred other people reading) and then suddenly our secret viewing location is no longer quaint and secret? No thanks.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:51 PM

152 posts, read 283,504 times
Inbox me I will not tell a soul. LOL

If it's cool, I'll find it. Found a great job in this great city, found an amazing man who I have been lucky to be married to for 20 years, and found this cool board to converse with super friendly people like you : ) yep, I got this.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:02 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,879 times
Crockett Park in Brentwood has live music, dancing, and a great fireworks show, but it is also absolutely packed on July 4th.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:24 PM

201 posts, read 320,034 times
Here's the list of places with fireworks this week. Some are on the 3rd so heads up!

Fireworks Shows - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

Old 07-02-2014, 07:11 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,471,263 times
First, there is absolutely no need to travel to see fireworks. Middle TN has great fireworks displays and Nashville's in particular has been recognized nationally in the past as one of the best in the nation. That said, crowds are always a concern downtown. You have to plan on being at Riverfront Park all day long to stake out a spot to get a primo viewing.

That said, since I have plenty of neighbors with more money than sense, I can just look outside my house for good fireworks up in Sumner County. I don't mind sharing a couple of spots I've heard of. I've watched them from the upper floor of the Mid State garage at St. Thomas Midtown Hospital. You miss the sound, but can still see the vast majority of them. No crowd and easy in/out. I would think you should be able to find a spot in the state parking lots north of downtown before Jefferson Street too. You'd be much closer to the fireworks there but also increased likelihood of not being able to find a spot.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:37 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,720,623 times
Quote:
I would think you should be able to find a spot in the state parking lots north of downtown before Jefferson Street too.
You mean those ex-parking lots that are now a big hole in the ground on the way to becoming the new baseball stadium???

Old 07-02-2014, 09:12 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,471,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
You mean those ex-parking lots that are now a big hole in the ground on the way to becoming the new baseball stadium???
There are still parking lots available between the train tracks/James Robertson Pkwy and the building site, aren't there? There looked to be the last time I drove down there about a month ago.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:29 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,720,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
There are still parking lots available between the train tracks/James Robertson Pkwy and the building site, aren't there? There looked to be the last time I drove down there about a month ago.
Just drove by. There are two small lots and one even smaller disabled only lot. Not sure how well you could see.

The roof of Public Square parking garage would be great. I know a number of people going to East Park. Yea for working in the Batman Building - we can watch from there.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:20 AM

914 posts, read 1,983,646 times
I saw this and thought it would be appropriate to post here:

Nashville's Firework Display ranked 2nd in the US behind NYC.
Nashville fireworks show ranks No. 2 in nation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville