Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2014, 07:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,013 times

Advertisements

Hi, Y'All...... (Just had to say that)
I'm an Entrepeneur from NYC . I specialize in placing menu's online
Restaurant Consulting / development / growth
Restaurant Employment Agency
REWARDS for In-House Marketing and growth of dine-in customer base
Restaurant /Local Business Guidebooks -Hand distributed 20k

My Question is this?
Does Nashville,Tn currently have ANY existing employment agencies? I do Not see any in online directory searches.
Does Nashville,Tn.. Enjoy Guidebooks, that give you the Best Of...... each area .... Local businesses
Are there many high walk traffic hot spots for locals? and also... Walkability areas???
Coming from NYC, I'm NOT a driver.... with so much transportation surrounding us, its more effective to commute and faster . Lack of parking spots in our residential areas anyway... Are the Bus services reliable to a certain time of evening and weekends?
And, Lastly,If I decide to get a fourwheeler cycle- quadcycle... are they street legal for commuting???

Would Appreciate feedback..
Oh and Lastly, What's the avg/median income there and ethnicities??? Like, is there a Chinatown? asia town? a Bronx town? a Brooklyn? an Elmhurst? Latino town? etc... Cultural areas .I guess I'm asking, is it like a melting pot like NY?

Last edited by JMT; 07-10-2014 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: Please don't put your business name in your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 07:02 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,471,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyMarketingMayor View Post
Does Nashville,Tn.. Enjoy Guidebooks, that give you the Best Of...... each area .... Local businesses
I don't know if we "enjoy" them, but guidebooks can be found in grocery stores, high traffic restaurants, etc. I'm certain there are many in area hotels as well.

Quote:
Are there many high walk traffic hot spots for locals? and also... Walkability areas???
Coming from NYC, I'm NOT a driver.... with so much transportation surrounding us, its more effective to commute and faster . Lack of parking spots in our residential areas anyway... Are the Bus services reliable to a certain time of evening and weekends?
Nashville is not a very walkable city. From your NYC perspective you will find that Nashville's public transportation is lacking. That is simply the culture and history of this (and most large southern) city(ies). So, no, there's not really high walk traffic spots as you might find in busier parts of NYC. Our highest walking traffic areas are generally in the main downtown entertainment district, which is heavily trafficked by tourists...not locals. Still, there are pockets of areas that are becoming more walkable and are frequented most by locals...The Gulch and Hillsboro Village come to mind.

The bus service is reliable here. But again, a common complaint among non-natives is that their previous city had a much better public transportation system. Just know that coming in to this city, this is a compromise you will likely have to make.

Quote:
And, Lastly,If I decide to get a fourwheeler cycle- quadcycle... are they street legal for commuting???
I'm not sure what that is exactly, but I'd call the TN Department of Safety to describe the vehicle to them and see what they say.

Quote:
Oh and Lastly, What's the avg/median income there and ethnicities??? Like, is there a Chinatown? asia town? a Bronx town? a Brooklyn? an Elmhurst? Latino town? etc... Cultural areas .I guess I'm asking, is it like a melting pot like NY?
Statistical data can be found on the parent page of this forum www.citydata.com. Yes, Nashville is a diverse city. Perhaps not to NYC standards, but we have ethnic and economic diversity throughout the Greater Nashville area. There are pockets of ethnic concentrations...the prime example being in South Nashville...where you will find a large Latino, Kurdish, and African concentration. You'll find ethnic diversity in many other areas of town too, of course, but you'll find no shortage of ethnic stores and restaurants along Nolensville Road for example.

I get the overall sense from your post that you're looking for NYC South. Maybe I'm not being fair, but that's just my impression. We are not NYC. Not trying to be. Don't want to be. We are very hospitable, welcoming to transplants from all over the country. We welcome newcomers, and bless their hearts, even when they pine for their previous home sometimes. But I've seen on this forum (and out in the "real world") transplants constantly complain about our city not being like their old city, even to the point of bashing the city on the way back "home". The genesis for that, I think, is that people don't recognize that each locale is its own. Hopefully if you decide to visit and/or move here, you'll appreciate that Nashville is its own city, with its own culture and quirks. It just helps knowing that going in so you don't come here (or any other city) expecting it to be something that it is not.

Best of luck and let us know if you have any more questions.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:06 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,772 times
" But I've seen on this forum (and out in the "real world") transplants constantly complain about our city not being like their old city, even to the point of bashing the city on the way back "home". The genesis for that, I think, is that people don't recognize that each locale is its own."

Wonderfully stated!!! 21 thumb salute (because I can't rep you . . )

k:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville