Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2014, 07:51 PM

3 posts, read 3,795 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

So my best bud and I are heading to Nashville for the first time in a few months. We will be there from November 16th to the 20th, 2014. I was wondering if any of you have some insight or tips on the hidden side of Nashville. We'll of course be doing a handful of touristy things, but for the most part we want to find some really neat and unique events, activities, and places to check out. What kind of awesome groups meet up to do fun and artsy stuff? What is a good place to find out about upcoming concerts? Of course this city is known for its music and we certainly want to immerse ourselves in that aspect as much as possible.Where are the best flea markets, vintage shops, places to spend an afternoon, festivals, interesting stores, free/cheap things to do in this mighty city? I know that Nashville has so much to offer, so basically I'm asking what your favorite of-the-beaten-path things to experience are, anything from outdoor movies, parties, volunteer work, exhibits, fairs, comedy shows, gatherings, coffee shops, galleries, infamous locations, plays, sculptures, parks, whatever. Major tourist traps aside, what do you, the very people that live there do?! Any and all suggestions are warmly welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 05:38 AM

337 posts, read 448,298 times
Jack Daniels Distillery Tour in Lynchburg TN is well worth it. Go early before it gets hot out (if you were to come early like in the summer time) as you are going in and out of buildings and up and down some steps. It's free to everyone unless you want to do the "taste test tour" and I think that is 10$. Haven't heard anyone say the 10$ tour was worth it compared to the free tour. I believe the tour was about an hour an 15 minutes if I remember correctly. November time frame would be perfect to do this temperature wise.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:25 AM

584 posts, read 1,135,939 times
A once-in-150-year opportunity: Welcome to Historic Franklin Tennessee

Old 07-18-2014, 08:57 AM

3,036 posts, read 3,304,919 times
Default Music city Radio

Music City Radio

This link should help. Check out concerts at the Ryman, Grand Ole Opry.

explore Centennial Park, Parthenon. Farmer's Market, state park near Capitol.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:16 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,717,731 times
Nashville Scene
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: