U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-22-2015, 05:58 PM
 
10 posts, read 14,358 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

Hey I like the link! I chuckled.

the 4th link shows old data (most of the appreciation happened from 2013 to now) and the 5th is one year old but was talking more of how nashville wasn't hit hard by the 2007 housing bubble. I was looking for a trend line from 2000 to right now of median income vs. median housing vs. the same of the nation. I guess I can try to find the data points and plot it myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-22-2015, 08:44 PM
 
238 posts, read 365,518 times
Reputation: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrajbhan View Post
Hey I like the link! I chuckled.

the 4th link shows old data (most of the appreciation happened from 2013 to now) and the 5th is one year old but was talking more of how nashville wasn't hit hard by the 2007 housing bubble. I was looking for a trend line from 2000 to right now of median income vs. median housing vs. the same of the nation. I guess I can try to find the data points and plot it myself.

Thought it was an interesting question so I poked around a little more. This Zillow link doesn't exactly show all the data, but does chart median list/sale over a period of time.

There's a lot of info here too, but you'll have to comb through it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2015, 06:13 AM
 
3,340 posts, read 3,042,920 times
Reputation: 4868
Zillow is such a joke. It's way off in my neighborhood. For example, it's over $100K low on the sales price of my house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2015, 12:11 PM
 
72 posts, read 54,191 times
Reputation: 291
Prepared a diagram showing buildings 10 floors or taller that are either under construction or proposed to start within a year.



Not included; 11 story Lifeway HQ in SoBro, 12 story Office on West End; 15 story Hotel next to Lowes Vanderbilt in Mid-town.

Too many others rumored to list.

Last edited by PHofKS; 08-23-2015 at 12:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2015, 02:16 PM
 
892 posts, read 1,590,439 times
Reputation: 1210
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
Zillow is such a joke. It's way off in my neighborhood. For example, it's over $100K low on the sales price of my house.
Zillow has a hard time with neighborhoods that are redeveloping rapidly, like my neighborhood and yours (I believe you live in a core neighborhooD). It's data mining software is likely unable to account for the difference between a house that is in total disrepair and a newly built house. It sees square footage and sales price and then makes estimates based off that. For areas in which there is not a lot of redevelopment it is much more predictive since the variation in quality isn't so dramatic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2015, 08:06 PM
 
11,871 posts, read 32,899,856 times
Reputation: 8615
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHofKS View Post
Prepared a diagram showing buildings 10 floors or taller that are either under construction or proposed to start within a year.



Not included; 11 story Lifeway HQ in SoBro, 12 story Office on West End; 15 story Hotel next to Lowes Vanderbilt in Mid-town.

Too many others rumored to list.
I love this! You've done a good job with this, and the list of current and pending developments is impressive.
__________________


IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2015, 11:50 AM
 
11,871 posts, read 32,899,856 times
Reputation: 8615
The same developer that is building the 17-story Aertson Midtown project is now planning a 38-story tower in the Gulch area between downtown and Music Row. Below is the article and a rendering of the tower. Current zoning allows only 24 stories at this site so they'll need a height variance from the Board of Zoning Appeals.

Buckingham Cos. wants to build the Gulch's tallest building - Nashville Business Journal
__________________


IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2015, 08:36 AM
 
11,871 posts, read 32,899,856 times
Reputation: 8615
The NBJ's "crane watch" interactive map has been updated and now includes 123 construction projects worth $2.5 billion in Nashville. Remember, this is (for now) just for Nashville and not any of its suburbs (Franklin, Murfreesboro, etc.).

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...ane-watch.html
__________________


IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2015, 10:32 PM
 
6,418 posts, read 10,856,125 times
Reputation: 6687
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
The NBJ's "crane watch" interactive map has been updated and now includes 123 construction projects worth $2.5 billion in Nashville. Remember, this is (for now) just for Nashville and not any of its suburbs (Franklin, Murfreesboro, etc.).

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...ane-watch.html
Just inside the downtown loop (including Rolling Mill Hill/Rutledge Hill, SoBro, The Gulch, CBD, North Capitol, Germantown, Hope Gardens, HBV, East Bank)...

under construction or proposed:
8,484 residential units
3,585 hotel rooms
5,250,000 sq ft of office space

A few of these are big time projects that will take years to complete (in phases), but these are massive numbers.

This also doesn't include anything in areas like Midtown, where you have:
5,063 residential units
1,825 hotel rooms
1,760,000 sq ft of office space

There's probably about a million square feet of retail mixed in there, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2015, 08:31 AM
 
11,871 posts, read 32,899,856 times
Reputation: 8615
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Just inside the downtown loop (including Rolling Mill Hill/Rutledge Hill, SoBro, The Gulch, CBD, North Capitol, Germantown, Hope Gardens, HBV, East Bank)...

under construction or proposed:
8,484 residential units
3,585 hotel rooms
5,250,000 sq ft of office space

A few of these are big time projects that will take years to complete (in phases), but these are massive numbers.

This also doesn't include anything in areas like Midtown, where you have:
5,063 residential units
1,825 hotel rooms
1,760,000 sq ft of office space

There's probably about a million square feet of retail mixed in there, too.
Those numbers are unreal. With over 13,000 residential units either under construction or proposed--and there's no reason to believe most won't be built--it's going to be fun to see what kind of retail will follow. I think it's no secret that there will be at least one urban Publix and maybe another Whole Foods, but I'd love to see an urban Target in there, too, similar to the one in Atlanta's Midtown.
__________________


IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top