Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2016, 06:46 PM

13,352 posts, read 39,959,401 times

Advertisements

An 81-unit condominium project is about to break ground in South Nashville. Located between Trevecca Nazarene University and the state fairgrounds, Alloy on Tech Hill will offer some nice views of the Nashville skyline.

Summer start eyed for fairgrounds-area project | Nashville Post

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2016, 10:04 PM

345 posts, read 530,629 times
Changes coming soon to Lower Broadway - WSMV Channel 4

Old 09-09-2016, 09:53 AM

320 posts, read 540,797 times
This is a great mini-documentary about the history of downtown living, if you can get past the dramatic camera angles and obvious script reading. It's very insightful.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...tower-the.html

Old 09-19-2016, 07:11 PM

With headquarters for two subsidiaries of hospital chain HCA 10 days away from opening at Capitol View, the developers of that mixed-use campus are gearing up for construction of the next phase.

The development plans for that block show 24,000 square feet of retail in an 868,000-square-foot multitenant project that also will support about 170 hotel rooms, 319,000 square feet of office space plus support spaces and 1,611 parking spaces.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...hase/90700136/

Here are renderings of the development. The tallest building in the renderings is almost finished, and some of the buildings on the opposite end are underway.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 09-19-2016, 10:30 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,330,051 times
^^^
I'm really excited about this project. Love the brick, and I think it will turn out well as a fully planned development (as opposed to piece by piece like in other parts of the Gulch).

I'm sure it will take a while to build out, though.

Old 09-20-2016, 05:44 AM

569 posts, read 1,425,269 times
For some reason....I thought the retail portion in phase II was going to be much bigger than 24,000 sq ft?. I thought it was supposed to have a full service grocer. I've been waiting for this to start, hoping I would have a decent grocery store and could avoid the Eastland Kroger.

Ah...wait. I went back and read the article. This 24,000 ft retail section is for Block E at 11th and Nelson Merry. I think I'm interpreting that correctly....so maybe this isn't talking about the corner of 11th and Charlotte (where the 60k sq ft of retail was going)?

Last edited by Edgefield D; 09-20-2016 at 06:36 AM..

Old 09-20-2016, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgefield D View Post
For some reason....I thought the retail portion in phase II was going to be much bigger than 24,000 sq ft?. I thought it was supposed to have a full service grocer. I've been waiting for this to start, hoping I would have a decent grocery store and could avoid the Eastland Kroger.

Ah...wait. I went back and read the article. This 24,000 ft retail section is for Block E at 11th and Nelson Merry. I think I'm interpreting that correctly....so maybe this isn't talking about the corner of 11th and Charlotte (where the 60k sq ft of retail was going)?
It is getting difficult to keep track of all the new development in downtown Nashville! Whole Foods has signed a lease for a 41,000 square foot store that will anchor a 27-story apartment tower on Broadway that's supposed to get started in the next few months. It's just a couple of blocks away from the HCA development above.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...ower/83966062/

http://media.wholefoodsmarket.com/ne...ashville-store

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 09-20-2016, 07:17 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,719,927 times
Quote:
Whole Foods has signed a lease for a 41,000 square foot store that will anchor a 27-story apartment tower on Broadway that's supposed to get started in the next few months. It's just a couple of blocks away from the HCA development above.
I can't see another full size grocery store so close. But if they do, that would be WF, the new, Kroger and Turnip Truck all within the Capitol District/Gulch. An urban Target would be really great.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:21 AM

569 posts, read 1,425,269 times
The Whole Foods will be welcome too! I'm excited about that one. But....cautiously optimistic. Anything that hasn't broken ground I'm kind of just waiting to see what happens. I couldn't do all of my shopping at Whole Foods. I live across the park from the Turnip Truck and it's great having it that close. But...I keep my purchases there to a minimum. It's just too expensive for every day things. I think all of the new infill apartments are great and the hotels that are filling in parking lots. I'm all for taking up empty space and replacing eyesores. But, all of those things cater to tourists and people who are moving to Nashville. It seems like anything that is going to change the lives of people already living here is taking a reallllyyyy long time. One thing I've learned from living in an urban neighborhood, you get the crappiest of choices when it comes to basic necessities....what I wouldn't give for a Publix and a Target.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:58 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,207,009 times
As a former Nashville area resident and one who still returns frequently, I love seeing all the chain hotels going up. I have points banked with all the major chains, so it will hopefully make securing a room much easier (and cheaper) in the future.

I can't wait for a full-service Hyatt to enter the market. The Hyatt Place downtown is an excellent property, but Nashville would benefit from something like a Hyatt Regency or Grand Hyatt (preferably the latter).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville