Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2008, 06:49 PM

3 posts, read 9,675 times

Advertisements

I moved here several years ago and still have not found anywhere that carries the samuel adams boston ALE.. just about every other variety of samuel adams beer is sold nearby, but not the ale. Does anyone know of anywhere in Nashville, or within a somewhat reasonable driving distance of Nashville, that sells this beer? I know there are alot of brewpubs and alot of other beer choices, but I am sort of on a mission now to find this beer. I'm hoping someone will point me in the right direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 06:58 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,204,585 times
Contact Det Distributing on Great Circle Road, they distribute it. Ask them what stores carry it. I've seen Samuel Adams but they have so many varieties that I'm not sure whether Boston Ale was one of them in the stores.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:33 PM

Thanks for the reply alleycat. Unfortunately when I contacted them a few weeks ago they claim that they do not distribute the boston ale. I asked them why they distribute basically all of the other varieties and not the ale.. they claimed that the brewer doesn't send it to them for distribution, which didn't make much sense to me. I contact the brewer and they said that they do. Any other suggestions, or has anyone actually seen this variety in a store in TN?

Old 01-04-2008, 08:31 AM

142 posts, read 637,835 times
I can't answer your question, but it reminded me of a Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic that I used to see every winter in the mid-90's...good stuff.

Anyone know of a store with good, diverse beer selections around East Nashville?

Old 01-04-2008, 10:13 AM

3,371 posts, read 13,372,803 times
This may be a long shot...but...(keep in mind, I have no clue about beer)...isn't there a Flying Saucer bar in Nashville (there are about a dozen of them, 2 here in Memphis where I am). They literally carry about 150 beers on tap, and 300+ more in bottles. If you're just wanting a taste of it, I bet they would carry it. You might want to contact them and see if they know anymore, or where they get theirs from.

The Flying Saucer Draught Emporium - www.beerknurd.com

(well heck, I just looked at their website...it looks like they have a dozen Sam Adams but not the Ale one!! You might want to look just to make sure.)

Old 01-04-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewchug View Post
Thanks for the reply alleycat. Unfortunately when I contacted them a few weeks ago they claim that they do not distribute the boston ale. I asked them why they distribute basically all of the other varieties and not the ale.. they claimed that the brewer doesn't send it to them for distribution, which didn't make much sense to me. I contact the brewer and they said that they do. Any other suggestions, or has anyone actually seen this variety in a store in TN?
I'm joining you in your Holy Grail, brew. I work almost the street from Det. I'm going to find out whether they distribute it or not.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:52 PM

Thanks for the info Pearlbob. I checked into The Flying Saucer just to make sure, and it was like you said, they did have about a dozen varieties but not the ale.. which seems to be the pattern that I have been running into everywhere I look.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:55 PM

I struck out at Det. Also, at Publix (they had a dozen other Samuel Adams beers and ales . . . but not Boston Ale). Ditto, Frugal's.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:13 PM

1,177 posts, read 4,155,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewchug View Post
I moved here several years ago and still have not found anywhere that carries the samuel adams boston ALE.. just about every other variety of samuel adams beer is sold nearby, but not the ale. Does anyone know of anywhere in Nashville, or within a somewhat reasonable driving distance of Nashville, that sells this beer? I know there are alot of brewpubs and alot of other beer choices, but I am sort of on a mission now to find this beer. I'm hoping someone will point me in the right direction.

Brewchug, check out Whole Foods in Green Hills. They have the widest variety of brews that I've seen anywhere and if they don't have it they will order it. I had been looking for a German beer called Erdinger for many years in Nashville and asked them about it. They didn't have it in stock but ordered it for me. Good luck and have a brewsky for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: