Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 08:52 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,441,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
But maybe the Pancake Pantry IS representative of the TN restaurant scene in general right now: Long lines for so-so food I could make at home.
Ha...very true in many cases, especially for suburbian restaurants. See also: Cheddars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Rotiers!
That thought definitely crossed my mind. It's on my short list of favorite places in the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 09:12 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,441,237 times
In a related Yahoo article, Nashville's "Music Row" landed on their most overrated tourist destinations:

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/most-ov...353782892.html

While I agree that Broadway and the corresponding photograph of Broadway is overrated, Broadway is not Music Row. I think Yahoo might be employing "googlers" rather than journalists to write these articles.

I do agree that Pinewood Social, Husk, and Grimey's are all much cooler than Broadway...or Music Row for that matter.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:05 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,655,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
In a related Yahoo article, Nashville's "Music Row" landed on their most overrated tourist destinations:

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/most-ov...353782892.html

While I agree that Broadway and the corresponding photograph of Broadway is overrated, Broadway is not Music Row. I think Yahoo might be employing "googlers" rather than journalists to write these articles.
Yep, more click bait.

Old 01-11-2015, 09:12 PM

256 posts, read 480,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Rotiers!
I had lunch at Rotier's a few months ago, and was pretty unimpressed food wise. Dive-bar looking, sure. Maybe it was the burger I had. I dunno, just not memorable.

I think Pancake Pantry is pretty good. Lots of Pancake options, and they're not afraid to give you butter. I've watched the busboys turn a table and it's pretty impressive (fast). Worth standing in line for, probability not.

Now the place that I've stood in line for (at the time they only had one tiny place) is Pine State Biscuits. Whenever I'm in Portland, OR I always stop and have a bite. And if you've never been to Portland in the last 10 years or so, that city is one big foodie resource. Lots of cool (and tasty) places to eat. Yummy!

Last edited by bigcitymike; 01-11-2015 at 09:23 PM..

Old 01-11-2015, 10:52 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,279,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcitymike View Post
I had lunch at Rotier's a few months ago, and was pretty unimpressed food wise. Dive-bar looking, sure. Maybe it was the burger I had. I dunno, just not memorable.

I think Pancake Pantry is pretty good. Lots of Pancake options, and they're not afraid to give you butter. I've watched the busboys turn a table and it's pretty impressive (fast). Worth standing in line for, probability not.

Now the place that I've stood in line for (at the time they only had one tiny place) is Pine State Biscuits. Whenever I'm in Portland, OR I always stop and have a bite. And if you've never been to Portland in the last 10 years or so, that city is one big foodie resource. Lots of cool (and tasty) places to eat.
Yummy!
Them's fightin' words.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:52 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,910,049 times
I love the Pantry, but preferred while in Tn, the original Monell's.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:44 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,433,072 times
Pancake Pantry rocks, good place to meet country music stars as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville