Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2015, 03:10 PM

4 posts, read 8,438 times

Advertisements

We are looking at relocating to the Lebanon area the first of May. Needing some help determining the proper areas to consider for housing. Here are some facts about the relocation:

Late 30's couple, husband work downtown lebanon, wife does not work
2 kids 1 in elementary, 1 below school age. Good school district major factor.
Large outside dogs, fenced yard required
Walking trails, playgrounds, etc a plus
Commute of 20-30 min
Currently reside in east TN rural area
Plan on renting for 1 yr $1300-1800

We have looked at Mt. Juliet area, but which areas specifically(willoughby, providence, ???)
We have looked around cumberland river, we live in country now, not opposed to rural living.

What are schools like in city of lebanon? not rated very well, but any inside info?

Trousdale?
Tuckers Crossroads?

sure to have left needed info out, please forgive, never done this before, need some friendly help

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 03:12 PM

and what is the other inside info about living & working in Lebanon TN?????

those that have moved, what do you wish you would have known previously?

those that are from there, what is your best kept secret????

Old 01-13-2015, 08:32 AM

107 posts, read 186,093 times
Welcome to the area! Lebanon is a great area and I'm sure you'll love it and the people here.

Tuckers Crossroads and Southside Elementary are probably the preferred schools inside Lebanon. You shouldn't have any trouble finding a rental for the amount you noted, though there may not be a ton of choices and finding one in either of those school districts might be a challenge. There is a good variety of homes and neighborhoods here whether you're looking for a small lot and lots of neighbors or homes with some acreage.

If you're wanting acreage you'll probably have better luck with Lebanon than Mt. Juliet. The price will be more attractive as well.

I just did a quick search on rentals in either of those school districts and it did not turn up any results :-(

It's about a 45 minute drive into Nashville, about 30 or less into Providence. We have good shopping, restaurants etc. here, and of course it's not far into Mt. Juliet or Nashville for other options.

I'm sure you'll love it here. It's a great place to live and raise a family.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:07 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,083,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4F View Post
Welcome to the area! Lebanon is a great area and I'm sure you'll love it and the people here.

Tuckers Crossroads and Southside Elementary are probably the preferred schools inside Lebanon. You shouldn't have any trouble finding a rental for the amount you noted, though there may not be a ton of choices and finding one in either of those school districts might be a challenge. There is a good variety of homes and neighborhoods here whether you're looking for a small lot and lots of neighbors or homes with some acreage.

If you're wanting acreage you'll probably have better luck with Lebanon than Mt. Juliet. The price will be more attractive as well.

I just did a quick search on rentals in either of those school districts and it did not turn up any results :-(

It's about a 45 minute drive into Nashville, about 30 or less into Providence. We have good shopping, restaurants etc. here, and of course it's not far into Mt. Juliet or Nashville for other options.

I'm sure you'll love it here. It's a great place to live and raise a family.
Really? I'm guessing you're referring to areas that are away from I-40 by quite a ways.

Old 01-13-2015, 04:48 PM

107 posts, read 186,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Really? I'm guessing you're referring to areas that are away from I-40 by quite a ways.
Actually I find it takes me 45 to get to Providence, of course I live on the east side of Lebanon. Probably depends where in Mt. Juliet you want to go. Some of the traffic through town is awful.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:16 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonthedog View Post
We are looking at relocating to the Lebanon area the first of May. Needing some help determining the proper areas to consider for housing. Here are some facts about the relocation:

Late 30's couple, husband work downtown lebanon, wife does not work
2 kids 1 in elementary, 1 below school age. Good school district major factor.
Large outside dogs, fenced yard required
Walking trails, playgrounds, etc a plus
Commute of 20-30 min
Currently reside in east TN rural area
Plan on renting for 1 yr $1300-1800

We have looked at Mt. Juliet area, but which areas specifically(willoughby, providence, ???)
We have looked around cumberland river, we live in country now, not opposed to rural living.

What are schools like in city of lebanon? not rated very well, but any inside info?

Trousdale?
Tuckers Crossroads?

sure to have left needed info out, please forgive, never done this before, need some friendly help

Thanks!
Avoid all schools that are zoned for Lebanon High School. That school is rotten (as I'm assuming you've seen by its test scores and state report card), and as a general rule so are its feeder schools. If you're determined to live in Lebanon, head SOUTH so you'll be in the Wilson Central HS zone. The town of Lebanon itself is nothing to write home about, but the countryside around it is nice. For shopping in Lebanon you've got a dumpy Walmart and an even dumpier KMart. The movie theater in Lebanon is also trashy. I cannot tell you how many of my colleagues moved to Lebanon and regretted it largely because of the schools but also because of the over-all appearance of the town (it's pretty run-down looking). You'll find yourself headed to Providence/Mount Juliet for a lot of things.

Here's the map of what is currently zoned for Wilson Central HS. As you can see, pretty much everything south of Lebanon and also a large chunk of Mount Juliet (including Providence) are all zoned for WCHS.

http://www.wcschools.com/wp-content/...chool_Zone.pdf

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 01-13-2015 at 07:36 PM..

Old 01-13-2015, 09:43 PM

263 posts, read 613,983 times
I agree with everything in JMT's post. Save yourself the headache and embarrassment, bite the bullet, and pay whatever it takes to live in Mt. Juliet.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:20 AM

thanks for the "inside" information. Mt Juliet is looking better & better

Old 01-15-2015, 11:23 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,083,129 times
I grew up in Mt. Juliet so naturally I'm biased against Lebanon but I'd never live there. As long as MJ is feasible, I'd move there. I'm glad JMT went ahead and got all that info out.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:49 AM

278 posts, read 434,576 times
Lebanon is a wonderful town. I grew up there, and honestly would love to live there again but our job is not there. I have a niece who is in Lebanon High school, and to say its a dump is ridiculous. It has a brand new building, and it is getting better and better as far as academics are concerned.

Lebanon has tremendous restaurants, a great park, great elementary schools, and a few private school options as well. On top of that - it is very affordable. Plus, the 840 bypass goes right past it - so you can get to Murfreesboro quickly if you need to, Providence in Mt. Juliet quickly if you need to, and Nashville is a 45 minute drive during standard traffic time.

Mt. Juliet is nice, but its quickly becoming overcrowded. I guarantee you that if you buy in Lebanon now, your home value is going to go up and up soon, as more and more people see Lebanon as a viable commute from Nashville.

Lebanon is far from a dump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville