Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 06:29 PM

5 posts, read 8,047 times

Advertisements

Hello!

My husband and I are looking to sale our house in the cherry hill nj area and start a new life in a year and 1/2. I'm very big into researching areas to find if its going to be a fit for us. We are a active couple that loves going on hikes with our dogs, trying new food, going to bars and love music. We are 29 and 30 and want something that is similar to where we live now but we want to have a something different. We are planning on taking a road trip this summer to check the area in Nashville out but I just wanted to see if someone who has moved to the area recently has some input and suggestions about where to live, how the job market is down there, food and music. I'm in IT software sales and my husband is in business development for sony mobile so I just want to see if anyone has information on those job fields.

Thank you so much!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 07:06 PM

114 posts, read 139,644 times
Hello and welcome!

I'm from the SP/Ocean City area originally and had family over your way. It is going to be a BIG change, but I think you're going to love it here! You don't even need to use blinkers! (jk...uh well, kind of) Aside from the shore, Nashville has in spades all of the things you love to do. I think parts of Nashville can even sort of resemble parts of Cherry Hill.

Do you have a target range for housing? That will help narrow down areas. My first instinct is to suggest East Nashville or maybe the West End/Hillsboro area.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:18 PM

Thank you!!

We were thinking about renting an apartment to make sure we love it down there and most likely being closer to Nashville to really get the experience. Than for a house I've fallen in love with mt Juliet because of the area and school districts and what the homes look like. We are looking to stay around 250-300k for a house but don't mind getting a house built because it seems to that a lot of homes are new construction in Mt Juliet.

Thank you again for your input!

Old 01-25-2015, 07:31 PM

Mt. Juliet is really nice and you should definitely be able to find something in that range. I think Kelsey Glen and parts of the Providence developments would be in budget. You're a little further from downtown, but you pretty much have everything you'd ever need there!

That said, if you're sure after you visit that you love Mt. Juliet I would probably go ahead and build rather than rent. Market prices have been rising pretty steadily in that zip. (This is in part because of all of the new construction of homes, restaurants, and shops.) It's got a lot going for it. Some of the new construction builders will give incentives that help pay toward your existing house while it's on the market, too. You'd have to check around for details, but I'd definitely ask wherever you go! Can't hurt.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:45 PM

I agree!! Thank you so much for your help!! We are staying three days down in Nashville this June so I figured we will get a good feel of if we like it or not. We are going to do a lot of exploring!!

Old 01-25-2015, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaligorski View Post
I agree!! Thank you so much for your help!! We are staying three days down in Nashville this June so I figured we will get a good feel of if we like it or not. We are going to do a lot of exploring!!
No problem! Yes, exploring is a good plan. I honestly had to move around a few times before I found the spot I love. I think some of this could have been mitigated by more research. In spite of this, I never regretted the move down! Of all the places I've lived, something about Nashville really resonates with me.

One consideration I would keep in mind is where you're going to work. I know many people in your fields can telecommute, but if you had to work in say, Franklin, you may have to adjust the plan a bit.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:13 PM

I telecommute at my job right now but things may change. I agree with what job I'm at will also effect where we live.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:20 AM

933 posts, read 2,733,750 times
Sounds like East Nashville would be a good fit...Mt. Juliet while a nice suburb, not so much. Do a search on here for more information. Be wary of some of the larger apt complexes though, some are still a little rough. Shelby Park is nearby and lots of entertainment options. Check out the East Nashvillian magazine and the East Nashville Facebook page for more info.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:16 AM

4,337 posts, read 4,692,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yank283 View Post
Sounds like East Nashville would be a good fit...Mt. Juliet while a nice suburb, not so much. Do a search on here for more information. Be wary of some of the larger apt complexes though, some are still a little rough. Shelby Park is nearby and lots of entertainment options. Check out the East Nashvillian magazine and the East Nashville Facebook page for more info.

Two brand new complexes in EN: East Nashville Upscale Apartment Community | Amplify On Main and 715 Woodlands | Community

Old 01-30-2015, 08:11 PM

Is there an issue with Mt Juliet by all the records it seems like a nice place. We aren't looking for someone that needs to be in the heart of the city because wher we live no it's 20 mins from Philly and that's perfect.Are there a lot of bad neighborhoods in Nashville?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: