Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 08:30 PM

3,043 posts, read 3,311,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langer6 View Post
Thanks everyone. This is helpful. Any other thoughts send them my way. Go Hawks, Bears, Bulls, Cubs!

OK, try Predators instead of Hawks. At least you can watch hockey. Hawks/Preds could develop into a nice little rivalry to replace Preds/Red Wings & Preds/Columbus

Titans vs Bears, be thankful both in different leagues. Titans remind me of Bears in the bad old days after Ditka & Fisher.

No substitute for Bulls. You may adopt Vandy for basketball, or go to Memphis.

Sounds used to be AAA Milwaukee team, now that's all changed. 4 year deal with Oakland A's, an AL team. Get used to the DL. Some go to Atlanta for games if you can stand the Braves.

Best bet for baseball may be the Vanderbilt team, winners of college world series. Watch SEC baseball on Fox South.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 12:10 PM

6 posts, read 7,367 times
Thank again everyone. Closing the loop on this. We lived with my inlaws in Polk Place for about 6 weeks. The commute in around 7a wasn't bad...maybe 45 minutes but the commute home was at least an hour on most days leaving Vanderbilt at 5p. Getting to Franklin wasn't bad but Mack Hatcher and Royal Oaks get pretty backed up. We settled in Cheswicke Farms which is near the CVS on Mallory and Liberty. So far so good! It's about 30 minutes on the way there and 40 minutes on the way home (leaving at 7a and 5p). Franklin and Nashville have both been great. There is tons of stuff to do both for kids and adults. Not regretting this decision one bit!

Old 07-27-2015, 12:44 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langer6 View Post
Thank again everyone. Closing the loop on this. We lived with my inlaws in Polk Place for about 6 weeks. The commute in around 7a wasn't bad...maybe 45 minutes but the commute home was at least an hour on most days leaving Vanderbilt at 5p. Getting to Franklin wasn't bad but Mack Hatcher and Royal Oaks get pretty backed up. We settled in Cheswicke Farms which is near the CVS on Mallory and Liberty. So far so good! It's about 30 minutes on the way there and 40 minutes on the way home (leaving at 7a and 5p). Franklin and Nashville have both been great. There is tons of stuff to do both for kids and adults. Not regretting this decision one bit!
Mack Hatcher and Royal Oaks is a huge bottleneck and has been for years. We used to live near Cheswicke, and it is a great location, with lots of back roads/alternate ways to get around.

Thx for the update.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:09 PM

30 posts, read 201,214 times
There are many Vanderbilt families that live in Fieldstone Farms. The commute is approximately 45 minutes. You have a straight away down Hllsboro, or you can hop on the expressway.

Westhaven is absolutely beautiful, but the HOA is astonomical in the high $200s' to the $300s'. Fieldstone Farms is approximately $50. River Rest, Cottonwood - they're all very nice. I do not know what their HOA fees are, but I have never heard complaints from our friends.

The schools are excellent. Fieldstone has its own elementary school, Hunters Bend. Grassland Middle and Franklin High are the other zoned schools.

Good luck in your search! We too are from the NW of Chicago, a little burb called Carpentersville. I went to Barrington High School.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:11 PM

30 posts, read 201,214 times
So sorry... read the rest too late! Congratulations!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville