Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 12:53 PM

3,961 posts, read 10,599,459 times

Advertisements

It's a joke in my family that we see at least one famous person EVERY time we're at the airport. Surely our streak will break eventually.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 03:22 PM

279 posts, read 779,882 times
saw bobby hamilton at a restaurant in lebanon

even though quite a few famous people live in the county, they live on the other side, in mt juliet.

Old 01-11-2008, 04:52 PM

250 posts, read 1,011,169 times
Carrie Underwood at TJ Maxx
Donna Summer at JoAnn Fabrics
Garth Brooks at Cracker Barrel
Brad Paisley at church
just to name a few...they're everywhere

Old 01-11-2008, 08:55 PM

156 posts, read 678,315 times
Keith and Nicole @ Pucketts - Franklin

Old 01-12-2008, 06:34 AM

597 posts, read 2,101,143 times
While in college I worked for a transportation service at the old airport terminal in the baggage claim. This would have been in the late 70s. That was the place to see celebrities. I'd complied a list once of over 200. Most of the time I was anything but shy and would find myself walking down the halls and sidewalks with the likes of Dolly Parton, Minnie Pearl, Jim Nabors, June and Johnny Cash, Conway Twitty. I must say, they were always polite to this kid from MTSU. Two instances that stand out: one day, while out on the sidewalk having a smoke I noticed a character in a black hat standing next to me. It was Bob Dylan and there we stood, on a rainy day, just having a nice chat. Then, one day, while on the sidewalk next to me was Tiny Tim (I was frightened, very, very frightened). I said hello and moved on. It was an amazing time then. I can't begin to tell you what an amazing place that was back then. Wayne Rogers from M*A*S*H asking directions, Mike Douglas, Dick Van Dyke, AC/DC, Kenny Loggins...

My most memorable moment was when Dolly came to my counter while waiting on her husband. She told me she'd just returned from L.A. to do an album with Emmylou and Linda Ronstadt and then asked if it was okay to wait with me. She then proceeded to sing "Desperado" while standing at the counter while all the time my knees were shaking and I looking very much the dumbstruck college kid. Those were the days.

Sitting in Johnny Cash's sister's Ferrari was pretty cool too.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:48 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,199,478 times
when my mom picked me up at the airport at Christmas time, she said she saw Al Gore getting yelled at by the parking nazis that said he was parked in the one of 10 minute only slots for more than 10 minutes. and he was saying that he wasn't, of course. haha.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:37 PM

5 posts, read 25,650 times
Dierks Bently at Virago (on half price sushi night too!)

And Alan Jackson driving his family in Hillsboro Village. It was a really weird day too. It was April, snowing, and then I saw Alan Jackson.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:17 AM

66 posts, read 302,292 times
I live in the Hendersonville/Gallatin area and have seen several of the country music stars that have lived in this area.

I saw Johnny Cash driving down Gallatin Rd. one day. My best friend waited on Johnny Cash when she was working at McDonald's in High School. I went to garage sale in Hendersonville given by Johnny Cash's sister and bought a Chanel shirt which she said Johnny had given to her.

I saw Conway Twitty shopping at Krogers.

Louise Mandrell's band owned the house across the street from my parents and we saw her there. I was even invited to a wedding shower thrown at Louise Mandrell's house for a member of the band. but I didn't go.

I saw William Lee Golden of the Oak Ridge Boys walking down the street early one morning in Hendersonville. He was quite a sight with that long beard.

I went to Richard Sterban's garage sale (he's also an Oak Ridge Boy). He also used to attend my church.

And, I saw Grandpa Jones from Hee Haw shopping at Rivergate Mall one day.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:18 AM

334 posts, read 1,278,064 times
Years ago, Duane Allen (at the height of Oak Ridge Boys popularity) stepped on my heel waiting in line at the old Rivergate theatre, I stood in line at a grocery store with Grandpa Jones, Marty Stuart and his wife sat beside us at Raffertys in Rivergate, Ricky Skaggs almost mowed me down coming around a corner at Rivergate Mall, Garth sat across from me at a stop sign in Goodlettsville waiting on a parade to pass, and we met Brooks and Dunn at the airport back when families could still go to the gate with fliers, and they were the only ones there besides my family for a 5am flight.

My most memorable two experiences are when my baby daughter and I met Conway Twitty at Rivergate Mall years ago, and he stopped and spoke to her because at 2 she talked to everyone she saw. No lie, the man reached out and patted her hand and literally said "hello, Darling". And the oddest "meeting" was while in Florida, my family and I pulled up beside another car at a redlight that we noticed had Sumner County plates. Beside us in the car was a very "distinquishable" country music star driving. My brother, not being shy, rolled down the passenger window next to him, and the star also rolled down his window. My brother said "you're ------" and he said "yes". My brother told him we also lived in Sumner County and the was very cordial and then invited us to follow him to his beach house near Gulf Shores. It was quite a memory. I won't mention the stars name because he is still alive and well...and may even read these boards.

On a side note, I am honored that of one of George Jones most noted songwriters is a personal friend.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:36 PM

3 posts, read 12,274 times
Default Celebrity watering hole

I work at the Hermitage Hotel on 6th ave, and here's a few celebs I waited on in the bar:
Jessica Simpson, and her parents
Charo
Jamie Fox
Big Kennie (Big N Rich)
Jewel
Eddie George
James Denton
Sugarland

and a few more...since its the only 5 star in the state...go check it out! the celebs do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville