Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 01:37 PM

4 posts, read 4,634 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am going to be moving to Nashville this summer (June or July) from Fayetteville, AR. I am married in my mid 20's and we have a greyhound. My Wife and I are looking for apartments and have been looking in the range of $900-$1,300. We would prefer to be on the lower end of the budget but will spend more if we absolutely love the place and location. I am being transferred to my company's Nashville branch which is in an office park really close to the airport. We would like to be close enough to work (15-20 minutes or less) while at the same time being very close to the city. We don't necessarily need to be able to walk. We are good with a 5 to 10 minute drive to most parts of town (think close enough to drive in on a Tuesday night for dinner). My wife is going to be a first year teacher and will probably be teaching in the city of Nashville so I think anywhere around the loop will not be to far for her.

We want to have a washer or dryer inside the unit, high end finishes would be appreciated but not required. We need either a large 1 bedroom (we would rent a storage unit) or a 2 bedroom. If we live downtown we could probably do something in the 600 SQ FT range. We do have 2 cars. Appreciated amenities would include a pool and either a porch or nice community outdoor area. If we live outside the loop I would like to see amenities like basketball and tennis courts as well as a very pretty property. My wife LOVES the outdoors so would love somewhere with a lot of trees and maybe some hills or water. if it is closer to downtown, being close to a green space would be ideal.

We are looking for not only area ideas and tips but specific apartments or townhouses.

Areas we are interested in, please know we are open to any suggestions outside of the areas we are not interested in.

Brentwood

East Nashville

Certain downtown areas (Germantown, sylvan park, Midtown, 12 south, Berry hill, Green hills)

East side of airport around the lake (do not know much about this area?)

Between downtown and Antioch (off I24 or highway 41)

Donelson (is their ok areas/ apartment complexes)

Hermitage, might be ok?

Areas we are not interested in (most of these are just too far)[/font][/SIZE]

Bellevue

Franklin

Hendersonville

Mt Juliet

Antioch

ANY and ALL help/advise will be greatly appreciated,

My wife and I are excited to become fellow Smashvillians as we love hockey and can not wait to start going to Predator games!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 02:41 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,717,003 times
Quote:

Certain downtown areas (Germantown, sylvan park, Midtown, 12 south, Berry
hill, Green hills)
In any of these neighborhoods, you'll be lucky to find a 1BD (700 sq ft) at the very top end of your budget. More likely $1,400 and up.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:28 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,086,063 times
These might be in your price range? Although at the top end. Your wish list is kind of long . . . .

Luxury Apartments In Nashville, TN | 23Hundred At Berry Hill

Old 03-11-2015, 09:22 PM

4 posts, read 4,634 times
I appreciate the input. However I have a good idea about the apartments downtown. I am more interested in info and suggested apartments in each of the other areas.

The wish list is pretty simple:
Pet friendly
Close to downtown
Nice and safe complex
All other things are just preferences.

Old 03-12-2015, 05:54 AM

569 posts, read 1,424,562 times
If you are going to be working near the airport I would look at complexes near there until you can spend some time here and figure out what suits you. There are apartments in Hermitage and Mt Juliet in your range. I have no idea of the availability. Hermitage is closer to Nashville....so that would be MY first choice. East Nashville doesn't have your typical apartment complexes. At least...none you would want to live in. And...your budget would limit you. Anything close to downtown will be more expensive....or if it's cheap it probably isn't a place you would want to live. I noticed that the Cherry Creek apartments in Hermitage were in your range. I knew 2 different people that lived there years ago and they seemed decent....and pet friendly.

Good Luck on your exploration

Old 03-12-2015, 06:29 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,082,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgefield D View Post
If you are going to be working near the airport I would look at complexes near there until you can spend some time here and figure out what suits you. There are apartments in Hermitage and Mt Juliet in your range. I have no idea of the availability. Hermitage is closer to Nashville....so that would be MY first choice. East Nashville doesn't have your typical apartment complexes. At least...none you would want to live in. And...your budget would limit you. Anything close to downtown will be more expensive....or if it's cheap it probably isn't a place you would want to live. I noticed that the Cherry Creek apartments in Hermitage were in your range. I knew 2 different people that lived there years ago and they seemed decent....and pet friendly.

Good Luck on your exploration
I spent a good amount of time there a couple years ago as two of my friends rented a 2 BR there and they're pretty nice. Also know someone else living there now but I've only been over to that place once. Still nice though. I was going to rent there but ultimately decided not to for other reasons. Had nothing to do with the complex itself.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:33 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,717,003 times
Quote:
East Nashville doesn't have your typical apartment complexes. At least...none you would want to live in. And...your budget would limit you.
The first two sentences are untrue. The last one is true.

There are two brand-new apartment complexes in east Nashville. One on Main Street across from Edley's BBQ and the other on Woodland across from East Park. But I think their prices are in line with all of the other places in the downtown loop area.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:36 AM

That's true NCAL.....I live 2 streets over from that complex...I forget about it. I should have said there are very very few in E Nashville you would want to live in. They also just broke ground on an upscale apt complex at 6th and Main (next to 5th and Main). I'm pretty sure it's going to be pricey. For their budget...they would have to look for something older (like part of a house, a duplex or an old apt building)...if they wanted to end up in East Nashville. The apt building next door to me rents for about $1100 I believe (with a long waiting list). They have one bedroom plus a sun room.

Still if were the OP...I would find something close to work and not too far out until I could explore.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
the other on Woodland across from East Park
That one is income based I believe. Most of my neighbors think that one is pretty hideous looking. Although....I'm excited about the new Turnip Truck going in next door to it.

Old 03-15-2015, 01:16 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,738,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
The first two sentences are untrue. The last one is true.

There are two brand-new apartment complexes in east Nashville. One on Main Street across from Edley's BBQ and the other on Woodland across from East Park. But I think their prices are in line with all of the other places in the downtown loop area.
the one across from East Park is income based, and is not in line with Downtown prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville