Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 03:28 PM

216 posts, read 163,096 times

Advertisements

Almost every morning on local news there is a robbery or shooting or murder. No way would I invest there.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:39 PM

815 posts, read 2,017,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
My friend's apartment in Preakness was broken into while she was away at work. They stole her computer, stereo, and jewelry box containing rings given to her by her grandmother. That's why I would never move to Antioch. It looks alright, but crime is still high, just watch the news.
Ummm you do realize that can happen anywhere and does happen everywhere correct???? And when I turn on the news I hear about every heavily populated area of Nashville with crimes, not just Antioch. There was just a shooting in Murfreesboro last night.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintail07 View Post
Almost every morning on local news there is a robbery or shooting or murder. No way would I invest there.
Yea you hear about shootings and robberys on the news almost every morning but they are NOT in Antioch all the time as you are making it seem. Yes things happen in Antioch but no more than any other area of similar population in or around Nashville. There are several more areas that are actually high crime areas, with real crimes, and Antioch is not one of those.

Old 02-22-2017, 08:18 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,717,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
Ummm you do realize that can happen anywhere and does happen everywhere correct???? And when I turn on the news I hear about every heavily populated area of Nashville with crimes, not just Antioch. There was just a shooting in Murfreesboro last night.
No kidding. There is a lot of petty crime in Germantown/Salemtown but that isn't on the news (usually).

Old 02-24-2017, 09:44 AM

1,683 posts, read 810,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
No kidding. There is a lot of petty crime in Germantown/Salemtown but that isn't on the news (usually).
You nailed it. Some parts of town have petty crime. Antioch still has SERIOUS crimes. Violent ones. Too many even though maybe less than when the mall was in it's death spiral.

Once the new "Providence" style shopping area is finished off Cane Ridge Rd., maybe the rest of the property values will increase to where the "riff-raff" will be chased out of that part of town. Still too many questionable characters hanging around the 37013.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:12 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,717,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
You nailed it. Some parts of town have petty crime. Antioch still has SERIOUS crimes. Violent ones. Too many even though maybe less than when the mall was in it's death spiral.

Once the new "Providence" style shopping area is finished off Cane Ridge Rd., maybe the rest of the property values will increase to where the "riff-raff" will be chased out of that part of town. Still too many questionable characters hanging around the 37013.
I suppose I wouldn't call armed robbery or murder petty though (which has happened in G/town, S/Town and BV).

Old 02-24-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post

Murfreesboro has SERIOUS crime, Hendersonville has SERIOUS crime, Hermitage has SERIOUS crime, Bellevue has SERIOUS crime, Lebanon has SERIOUS crime, Mt. Juliet has SERIOUS crime, East Nashville has SERIOUS crime, Springfield has SERIOUS crime, Green Hills has SERIOUS crime, Madison has SERIOUS crime, Goodletsville has SERIOUS crime, Donelson has SERIOUS crime....NASHVILLE has SERIOUS crime... I could go on and on... We can even go as far as breaking down to what we consider is SERIOUS too... So can someone please l tell me an area that is crime free with statistical facts and not what you hear on the news headlines with limited information? Every last one of the places I mentioned have had crimes, which can be considered "Serious" within the past moth and no one can deny it either. Antioch is NO way worse than any other suburban part of Metro Nashville, considering it has a little over 86,00 people...

Old 02-24-2017, 01:08 PM

216 posts, read 163,096 times
Hendersonville crime isn't in the arena as the crime in Antioch, Madison and Murfressboro. At least half the shootings, murders and armed robbery reported on morning shows is i Antioch, inconvenient truth I guess.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintail07 View Post
Hendersonville crime isn't in the arena as the crime in Antioch, Madison and Murfressboro. At least half the shootings, murders and armed robbery reported on morning shows is i Antioch, inconvenient truth I guess.
I do believe there were two separate carjackings in Hendersonville earlier this month or the end of January, and they were random. Is that not something serious?

Old 02-24-2017, 03:23 PM

Wasn't there also a pizza dilivery driver robbed in Hendersonville lately by like 3 people? Maybe that isn't serious enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville