U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-04-2011, 08:26 PM
 
Location: Franklin, TN
6,484 posts, read 11,487,858 times
Reputation: 7032

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimiw View Post
Oh yes it IS unsafe, and don't let anyone here convince you otherwise. And it is NOT because of "lots of people that may or may not look just like them." It is because of high instances of crime in the area - multiple murders, robberies and thefts.

Check out the crime statistics in Antioch (zip code 37013) as opposed to other Nashville neighborhoods and zip codes:
http://www.police.nashville.org/docs/stats/2008_Annual_UCR_by_Zipcode.pdf (broken link)

Take a look at the "Risk" headings on this Crime Rate Index as opposed to the national average:
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Now click on the "Crime" heading on this property advisor page (it's almost quadruple the national average in Antioch):
Antioch, Tennessee (37013) Community and Location Information | PropertyMaps

To live in Antioch without this knowledge is dangerous and naive and to advise anyone to live there without an understanding of these risk factors is to potentially put them and their property in danger. I lived near Antioch for 6 years, right near the interstate, and within 2 months, there were two murders, one police standoff (at Nippers Corner) that led to a suicide, a hotel robbery, and a local karaoke guy was killed at Jonathan's Grill on Bell Rd.

A friend of mine just moved away from Antioch because her apartment was broken into (in a GATED community). I would NOT recommend Antioch to anyone, and ESPECIALLY not someone coming here from out of state who has a limited knowledge of Nashville. Nor East Nashville. Be safe and best of luck with your move to our fine city.
Where did you live "near" Antioch? Just wondering.

Last edited by Yac; 05-23-2012 at 06:39 AM..
Rate this post positively

 
Old 05-04-2011, 08:30 PM
 
794 posts, read 1,727,128 times
Reputation: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by carazoe View Post
In my opinion, Antioch is very Hispanic. I'm no mathematician by I would say that when I am out there, around 70% of the people I see are Hispanic. Just being honest with my observation and what I know of the area. That being said, I often shop out there and do not feel unsafe. I don't really have any reason to go deep into the area but I visit many stores around nollensville Rd.
Antioch is far from being 70% Hispanic, if anything it is closer to being 50% White, that is the 37013 and near by 37217 zip codes. The area around Nolensville rd. that is the center for Hispanic business is not Antioch, not zoned to Antioch schools, nor an Antioch Zip. Yes Antioch is diverse, the most diverse area in Davidson County. Hispanics, African Americans, Asians and Whites make up the population, but African Americans and Whites are still in the majority. A good indicator of what the population of an area is is to look at the make up of the area schools. Antioch High School and Cane Ridge High Schools are the two high schools in Antioch. Here are the racial make up of those two schools:

Antioch High-49.1% African American, 4.1% Asian, 24.1% Hispanic, .2% Native American, 22.5% White
Cane Ridge High School- 55.5% African American, 3.8% Asian, 22.% Hispanic, 18.7% White.

Antioch is the most populated and fastest growing area of Davidson County as well.
Antioch population boom puts focus on needed infrastructure | Nashville City Paper

Antioch is also close to becoming the center of African Ameican businesses and population.
Will North Nashville soon no longer be the city's dominant center of black population? | Nashville City Paper

Saftey- Antioch is a safe area to live in, especially for the size. It is just as safe as any other suburb in Davidson County, if not safer than a lot of others with lower populations. I refuse to argue with anyone on here who knows nothing about the area regarding the safty of the area. They have no data no personal experiences to back what they say.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-04-2011, 08:36 PM
 
Location: Franklin, TN
6,484 posts, read 11,487,858 times
Reputation: 7032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
I refuse to argue with anyone on here who knows nothing about the area regarding the safty of the area. They have no data no personal experiences to back what they say.

...or those with no concept of what the boundaries of Antioch are.

The rough part of 37211 isn't Antioch.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-04-2011, 08:54 PM
 
794 posts, read 1,727,128 times
Reputation: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
...or those with no concept of what the boundaries of Antioch are.

The rough part of 37211 isn't Antioch.

And 37211 isn't all that rough as some people make it out to be. East Nashville, yes the beloved East Nashville, and North Nashville (Just blocks from the beloved Germantown) areas are much worse, as well as South Nashville, 37210 and the part very near 12th south and Hillsboro village known as Edge Hill, have far more real crime than any part of 37211 and tons more than any part of Antioch.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-04-2011, 09:01 PM
 
Location: Franklin, TN
6,484 posts, read 11,487,858 times
Reputation: 7032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
And 37211 isn't all that rough as some people make it out to be. East Nashville, yes the beloved East Nashville, and North Nashville (Just blocks from the beloved Germantown) areas are much worse, as well as South Nashville, 37210 and the part very near 12th south and Hillsboro village known as Edge Hill, have far more real crime than any part of 37211 and tons more than any part of Antioch.
Not all of 37211 is rough, either...but there are certainly some parts that rank up there as far as rough areas in Nashville.

The point is, there are good and bad parts to almost all of the more populated neighborhoods in Nashville. It varies by street, apartment complex, business district, etc.

I'm not going to try to get into a contest to determine which area of town is the nicest or roughest....but it's unwise for people to paint entire areas as these unsafe warzones when they're really not.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-04-2011, 09:36 PM
 
3 posts, read 25,438 times
Reputation: 16
Oh sure, I'm lying.

Karaoke Owner Shot, Killed At Bar
Karaoke Owner Shot, Killed At Bar - Nashville News Story - WSMV Nashville

Tennessee Cop Shoots 3 Trying to Rob Hotel
In the Line of Duty - URGENT: TN COP SHOOTS 3 TRYING TO ROB HOTEL

Missing Nashville woman, stepfather found dead at Wal-Mart
Missing Nashville woman, stepfather found dead at Wal-Mart www.privateofficer.com « PRIVATE OFFICER NEWS NETWORK

Restaurant Worker Shoots At Robbers
Suspect Arrested After 2-Hour Standoff
Restaurant Worker Shoots At Robbers - Nashville News Story - WSMV Nashville

Student is killed at carwash
Student is killed at carwash - [domain blocked due to spam]

Suspected serial robber killed by Metro officers
Suspected serial robber killed by Metro officers - WKRN, Nashville, Tennessee News, Weather and Sports |

I lived in "Brentwood", technically, but it was really Brentioch technically (on Bell Road near I-65). Near the armed Hyatt Place robbery you see above.

Here's another great headline:

Safety a concern after more Antioch robberies
Safety a concern after more Antioch robberies - WKRN, Nashville, Tennessee News, Weather and Sports |

Just because you're in a state of denial about the crime-ridden area you live in doesn't mean you should encourage people from out of state to move into Antioch without giving at least an understanding of what they're getting themselves into.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-04-2011, 10:08 PM
 
794 posts, read 1,727,128 times
Reputation: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimiw View Post
Oh sure, I'm lying.

Karaoke Owner Shot, Killed At Bar
Karaoke Owner Shot, Killed At Bar - Nashville News Story - WSMV Nashville

Tennessee Cop Shoots 3 Trying to Rob Hotel
In the Line of Duty - URGENT: TN COP SHOOTS 3 TRYING TO ROB HOTEL

Missing Nashville woman, stepfather found dead at Wal-Mart
Missing Nashville woman, stepfather found dead at Wal-Mart www.privateofficer.com « PRIVATE OFFICER NEWS NETWORK

Restaurant Worker Shoots At Robbers
Suspect Arrested After 2-Hour Standoff
Restaurant Worker Shoots At Robbers - Nashville News Story - WSMV Nashville

Student is killed at carwash
Student is killed at carwash - [domain blocked due to spam]

Suspected serial robber killed by Metro officers
Suspected serial robber killed by Metro officers - WKRN, Nashville, Tennessee News, Weather and Sports |

I lived in "Brentwood", technically, but it was really Brentioch technically (on Bell Road near I-65). Near the armed Hyatt Place robbery you see above.

Here's another great headline:

Safety a concern after more Antioch robberies
Safety a concern after more Antioch robberies - WKRN, Nashville, Tennessee News, Weather and Sports |

Just because you're in a state of denial about the crime-ridden area you live in doesn't mean you should encourage people from out of state to move into Antioch without giving at least an understanding of what they're getting themselves into.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!! You are too funy!!!! OMG so so funny!!!! Thanks for taking the time to post all the, mostly old news, that mostly has nothing to do with Antioch!!!! The one post you have with the two robbing gamestop if Im not mistaken read that the two robbed other places in West Nashville, Bordeux and other places through out Nashville. It never said they lived in Antioch tho, neither did the Sonic incident... But again, thanks for posting!!Great information on crime in Nashville!!!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-04-2011, 10:52 PM
 
Location: East Nashville, 37206
1,037 posts, read 2,581,166 times
Reputation: 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimiw View Post
I would NOT recommend Antioch to anyone, and ESPECIALLY not someone coming here from out of state who has a limited knowledge of Nashville. Nor East Nashville.
Different strokes for different folks

There are tons of people happy in Antioch & East Nashville, myself included. For someone without kids, looking to be in a convenient area close to Nashville that's also affordable then both Antioch & East Nashville are viable options & I stand by my recommendation.

Courtney
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-04-2011, 10:57 PM
 
794 posts, read 1,727,128 times
Reputation: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post
Different strokes for different folks

There are tons of people happy in Antioch & East Nashville, myself included. For someone without kids, looking to be in a convenient area close to Nashville that's also affordable then both Antioch & East Nashville are viable options & I stand by my recommendation.

Courtney
I second that!!! If thats a problem why waist their time looking anywhere in Davidson county.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-04-2011, 11:46 PM
 
Location: Franklin, TN
6,484 posts, read 11,487,858 times
Reputation: 7032
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimiw View Post
Oh sure, I'm lying.

Karaoke Owner Shot, Killed At Bar
Karaoke Owner Shot, Killed At Bar - Nashville News Story - WSMV Nashville

Tennessee Cop Shoots 3 Trying to Rob Hotel
In the Line of Duty - URGENT: TN COP SHOOTS 3 TRYING TO ROB HOTEL

Missing Nashville woman, stepfather found dead at Wal-Mart
Missing Nashville woman, stepfather found dead at Wal-Mart www.privateofficer.com « PRIVATE OFFICER NEWS NETWORK

Restaurant Worker Shoots At Robbers
Suspect Arrested After 2-Hour Standoff
Restaurant Worker Shoots At Robbers - Nashville News Story - WSMV Nashville

Student is killed at carwash
Student is killed at carwash - [domain blocked due to spam]

Suspected serial robber killed by Metro officers
Suspected serial robber killed by Metro officers - WKRN, Nashville, Tennessee News, Weather and Sports |

I lived in "Brentwood", technically, but it was really Brentioch technically (on Bell Road near I-65). Near the armed Hyatt Place robbery you see above.

Here's another great headline:

Safety a concern after more Antioch robberies
Safety a concern after more Antioch robberies - WKRN, Nashville, Tennessee News, Weather and Sports |

Just because you're in a state of denial about the crime-ridden area you live in doesn't mean you should encourage people from out of state to move into Antioch without giving at least an understanding of what they're getting themselves into.
State of denial? You're in a state of confusion. For one, at least half of those stories are not in ANTIOCH. The hotel robbery could happen in Brentwood, literally 100 yards over the hill. That's called random crime. You think Brentwood and Franklin never have armed robberies?

And most of those stories are old. Newsflash: Nashville has 60-80 murders in the city per year. Posting stories from random incidents over a period of several years doesn't make your point.

Hey look!

Franklin Murder Suspect Faces New Charges - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports

Murder suspect returned to Franklin - WKRN, Nashville, Tennessee News, Weather and Sports |

OH MY GOD THERE'S VIOLENT CRIME AND FRANKLIN!!! DON'T EVER MOVE TO THAT CRIME-RIDDEN 3RD WORLD HELLHOLE!!! I'VE GOT THE LINKS TO PROVE IT!!!







Oh, and "Bell Road" doesn't even come close to I-65. The Hyatt isn't in Antioch, either...and not relatively close. That's a safe area, and suggesting otherwise is, well, reckless on your part.

Get a map and get a clue.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top