Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 09:30 PM

450 posts, read 1,503,038 times

Advertisements

We have a house in Portland. But we live in California until April. I need to know the name of the Phone company that services Portland... My wife really wants a land line. (even though we have Verizon Cell phones)

I may use the bundle deal that Comcast offers... Cable T.V., Internet, Phone.. Any pros and cons about Comcast.....

Thanks Lee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 12:40 PM

334 posts, read 1,282,089 times
AT&T (formerly Bellsouth) is the major "landline" company around here. Everything else is pretty much cable or internet-based phones. Comcast offers a good package deal for 12 months but if they can't keep the telephones constantly connected no more than they keep my television with consistent service I'll never change to them. I've never had any real issues with AT&T except the price of their service.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:16 AM

Thanks AT&T is who I am with now in California... Does Cable go out quite a bit? And what do you use for internet?

Thanks Lee

Old 01-28-2008, 11:39 AM

162 posts, read 604,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNNative View Post
AT&T (formerly Bellsouth) is the major "landline" company around here. Everything else is pretty much cable or internet-based phones. Comcast offers a good package deal for 12 months but if they can't keep the telephones constantly connected no more than they keep my television with consistent service I'll never change to them. I've never had any real issues with AT&T except the price of their service.
TNNative I totally agree with you about Comcast. I am still in Detroit hoping to relocate to TN in spring/ early summer but have had the worst experience with my Comcast service within the last 6mos. Between the internet acting up and the channels that don't work...Comcast can be a nightmare!

I currently have Sprint phone service. I was considering switching to either Verizon or AT&T. I was told that Verizon has good service-- but does anyone have any other cellular recommendations for the Nashville area? Verizon can get kind of pricey...

Old 02-03-2008, 07:35 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,279,296 times
I have AT&T for my home phone.
I have Verizon wireless for my cell phone.
I have Directv which has lots of channels.
I have Comcast for the high-speed internet and they throw in basic tv in the package which makes it cheaper than just getting the internet alone.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:28 PM

162 posts, read 604,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Barb View Post
I have AT&T for my home phone.
I have Verizon wireless for my cell phone.
I have Directv which has lots of channels.
I have Comcast for the high-speed internet and they throw in basic tv in the package which makes it cheaper than just getting the internet alone.
Thanks for the info 46Barb. Would you say that Verizon is the best mobile choice? If so, what others come close?

I myself wanted to get DirectTV but was wondering what I would do about my internet because I was aware that Comcast charges a ridiculous monthly rate for internet alone. So do you only have Comcast in only one room of your home then?

Old 02-04-2008, 08:27 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,279,296 times
I have comcast in one bedroom for my internet with a split to a little tv if I want to watch it while I'm on the internet. We also have comcast cable in guest bedroom for a tv. Comcast will put in as many basic cables as you want for no extra charge.

I have Directv in the living room and our bedroom (this requires an extra receiver).

Old 07-09-2008, 06:56 PM

1 posts, read 3,455 times
Default Phone Service Nashville

Landline - you have to go with the over priced AT&T

Cell phone service - AT&T

VOIP - Skype: For the cost of one landline payment to AT&T I have paid for the whole year for Skype. And currently it is testing out great. Unlimted calls to anyone in the US & Canada ..If you want a house phone tyhey will run around $125.00..Use your pc mic with no problems and no extra charges.

MagicBox $19.95 USB connect (VOIP) $19.95 for the year

Once upon a time note:
When BellSouth ruled they offered the perfect package for landline service..30-$10 (Land Line)
30 out going calls a month and unlimited in bound calls & if you exceed the 30 then it was .10 a minute. (with cells this made a perfect plan)...no longer

Old 07-09-2008, 07:22 PM

10 posts, read 23,253 times
I would ditto the comcast can be a pain comments! We have the triple play package, and the internet goes out quite often lately, and when that happened, it no longer recognized our wireless router. Comcast basically said, "Too bad, your problem not ours" and refused to help us. Our telephone service is sketchy at best. Our telephone lines go dead and Comcast is just so difficult to deal with - they truly do not care. I would not recommend Comcast to you. We are changing completely, and going to Direct TV.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:40 PM

We are here now and have been since April. We have A.T&T, Directv. AND Comcast Internet and basic Cable just because it is cheaper to get both then to get just Comcast Internet.... We are very happy with this set-up. I will admit that we had internet problems at first but by me calling them all the time we finely got it fixed. Apparently there was a switch that was stuck up on one of the poles and once that got repaired it seemed to fix the problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville