Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 09:46 AM

320 posts, read 540,930 times

Advertisements

Theoretically, in the next 40 years or so, which currently overlooked, less-desirable, or sparsely populated small town will become the next booming Nashville suburb ( A Mt. Juliet or Smyrna, if you will)?

I realize there are many factors (ecomnoic, social, etc.) involved in an areas growth, but as Greater Nashville, continues to fill-in and become more populated, which surrounding areas of the city do you forsee becoming significantly more developed?

In my opinion, these areas could experience significant growth:

EAST- The area known as Rural Hill between Percy Priest lake and 840 in Wilson County. Attractive for the same reasons that Mt. Juliet is attractive.

NORTH- Goodletsville/Millersville area. The terrain of this area has inhibited development, but its overall location will become too promising to ignore in the future.

WEST- Kingston Springs/Pegram? I know nothing about this area to be honest. The area known as Bell's Bend has been proposed for development in the past, but was rejected for one reason or another. In 40+ years, I doubt this area will remain undeveloped. A bridge across the Cumberland may help get the wheels spinning.

SOUTH- I think Nolensville will experience a boom sooner rather than later. Perhaps it has already begun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 12:17 PM

1,683 posts, read 811,566 times
Nolensville is booming right now to an extent. The new high school will open in a year.

Old 08-27-2015, 01:02 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
I think any and all of those areas could boom in the next 10-15 years...let alone 40, even if the current area wide growth trends taper off somewhat.

I'd add White House and to a lesser extent Portland to that list. White House is already growing very well and is really just a couple of major retail investments away from going even further. With the 109 expansion complete, Portland is at a unique crossroads of I-65 and Highway 109. And if White House continues to grow, that could spill over to Portland as well.

Old 08-27-2015, 01:22 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,084,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
I think any and all of those areas could boom in the next 10-15 years...let alone 40, even if the current area wide growth trends taper off somewhat.

I'd add White House and to a lesser extent Portland to that list. White House is already growing very well and is really just a couple of major retail investments away from going even further. With the 109 expansion complete, Portland is at a unique crossroads of I-65 and Highway 109. And if White House continues to grow, that could spill over to Portland as well.
I'm probably reaching at straws here, but I could see the area between Nashville and Bowling Green becoming its own little stretch of new growth over time. Like the I-65 corridor between the two cities kind of becoming an I-24 Nashville-to-Murfreesboro thing. Not as populated, but still becoming its own established area of suburban Nashville. Admittedly there isn't much between Franklin, KY and Bowling Green but I could see something like that happening, especially if Portland and White House start to take off.

Old 08-27-2015, 03:01 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
Exactly...I think that's entirely possible. Both White House (well, at least much of WH) and Portland are in Sumner County which is good for the school system.

The growth has just historically stopped at the ridge in Northern Davidson County though. Joelton at I 24 and Millersville at I 65.

Old 08-27-2015, 03:54 PM

13,353 posts, read 39,963,688 times
As Wilson County continues to boom, I can see Smith County as someplace that will start to see a lot of growth in the future particularly since it wouldn't take much to extend the Music City Star commuter train from Lebanon to Carthage. I'm not saying it'll happen next week, but if I were to invest in land for the long term I'd look into eastern Wilson County/western Smith County.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 08-27-2015, 07:10 PM

456 posts, read 586,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
As Wilson County continues to boom, I can see Smith County as someplace that will start to see a lot of growth in the future particularly since it wouldn't take much to extend the Music City Star commuter train from Lebanon to Carthage. I'm not saying it'll happen next week, but if I were to invest in land for the long term I'd look into eastern Wilson County/western Smith County.
Smith County is 50+ years out. Most of growth isnt even to Lebanon yet. its a long ways from Lebanon to Smith County.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:29 PM

13,353 posts, read 39,963,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanspreds_04 View Post
Smith County is 50+ years out. Most of growth isnt even to Lebanon yet. its a long ways from Lebanon to Smith County.
Yeah it's definitely a long ways off. But don't forget that Smith County is now part of the Nashville MSA so there's already a large chunk of the county that commutes into Wilson County and beyond.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 08-27-2015, 08:43 PM

1,285 posts, read 2,357,286 times
In order for it to be included in the MSA, then Smith Co's residents must be going to Nashville not just into Wilson. Right?

Old 08-27-2015, 09:20 PM

456 posts, read 586,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetropolitanTN View Post
In order for it to be included in the MSA, then Smith Co's residents must be going to Nashville not just into Wilson. Right?
Not sure how that works exactly. I wouldn't think that would be the case considering most of Smith Co. Is probably closer to Cookeville than Nashville. I think this may mean 25% or greater work in Nashville metro. Smith Co only has about 19,000 people in whole county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville