Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 03:40 PM

22 posts, read 78,723 times

Advertisements

Thought I would throw this out there on the off chance that there are some relocated Idahoans in the area (by choice or by job transfer). Possible job transfer to Franklin/Nashville area for my husband. Just wondering if you can offer some insight. Digging myself out of the snow today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 04:09 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,174,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudmom View Post
Thought I would throw this out there on the off chance that there are some relocated Idahoans in the area (by choice or by job transfer). Possible job transfer to Franklin/Nashville area for my husband. Just wondering if you can offer some insight. Digging myself out of the snow today!
I've met people from all over the country and overseas who live in the Nashville area now . . . but, now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever known an Idahoan (which isn't to say there aren't some here).

Well, it was sure rainy here today, but the temperature was in the 50's. So far this year I've seen about a quarter-inch of snow total.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:28 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,353,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
I've met people from all over the country and overseas who live in the Nashville area now . . . but, now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever known an Idahoan (which isn't to say there aren't some here).

Well, it was sure rainy here today, but the temperature was in the 50's. So far this year I've seen about a quarter-inch of snow total.
Allycat neither have I, and I belong to a New Neighbors group. Lots from Michigan, California, Ohio, North Carolina, Florida, New Jersey, New York, Chicago, England and even a few from Japan.

Where was the snow, none here except some snow dust!

Diane G

Old 01-30-2008, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Where was the snow, none here except some snow dust!

Diane G
You probably didn't look out the window at the right time. It snowed one evening and we had about a quarter-inch to a half-inch by midnight . . . then by the next morning it was all gone. The kids went to bed thinking they probably wouldn't have to go to school the next day . . . and woke up to find out they did. Seems like it was about three weeks ago.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:09 AM

18 posts, read 50,809 times
Spudmom, I am moving to Nashville (Brentwood) in the next few months. My husband is already there. I am waiting to sell my home or when the kids are out of school. (which ever comes first) We are moving from Utah, however, I was born and raised in Idaho. I even worked on the "SPUD" farms when I was in Highschool. What part of Idaho are you moving from?

Old 01-30-2008, 03:26 PM

jbh4-
I am in the Boise area. My dh has opportunities in either NC, CA or TN. Have you spent time out there in Nashville areas? Is your dh in an apartment? I may be in that situation myself pretty soon.

My dh is a snow person, he and the kids ski, so I think TN might be a stretch for them. I like what I see in TN myself, I am not much of a snow person.
I hope your home sells, I think it's hard no matter where you live right now. I am pretty sure we will lease ours out for a while until the market changes. I too will be waiting for school to get out.
Where are you from here in Idaho? Hard work working on the farms!

alleycat and Diane-
Thanks for the info about the newcomers. I appreciate knowing I may not be the only new one in town!

It has snowed here more than usual. It has snowed pretty good the last few weeks and snowed enough yesterday to close my hubby's office and cancel school for today. Kids were excited! Me, I'm ready for a trip to Disneyworld! Gimme some heat!!!

Old 01-30-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudmom View Post
jbh4-
I am in the Boise area. My dh has opportunities in either NC, CA or TN. Have you spent time out there in Nashville areas? Is your dh in an apartment? I may be in that situation myself pretty soon.

My dh is a snow person, he and the kids ski, so I think TN might be a stretch for them. I like what I see in TN myself, I am not much of a snow person.
I hope your home sells, I think it's hard no matter where you live right now. I am pretty sure we will lease ours out for a while until the market changes. I too will be waiting for school to get out.
Where are you from here in Idaho? Hard work working on the farms!

alleycat and Diane-
Thanks for the info about the newcomers. I appreciate knowing I may not be the only new one in town!

It has snowed here more than usual. It has snowed pretty good the last few weeks and snowed enough yesterday to close my hubby's office and cancel school for today. Kids were excited! Me, I'm ready for a trip to Disneyworld! Gimme some heat!!!
Your kids would love it here. They close schools at the drop of a hat.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:19 PM

18 posts, read 50,809 times
Spudmom, I grew up in a small town called Rigby, (Birthplace of the Television, Farlo T Farnsworth invented the tube) Other than that it was a really small town mostly consisting of farmers. My brother used to be the prosecuting atorney in Maridian. So, I have been to Boise quite a bit. I am not to fond of Boise, I think you will love Nashville, it is a very pretty place. Much more freindly than Boise. My husband is staying with his father until our home is done. We just put in an offer today that got acepted but it won't be ready until May.

My husband grew up in Nashville and took trips skiing, he is a much better skier than I am so I think your family will be fine. I think (could be wrong) that there is some skiing not to far away.

It has snowed so much here I think I am going to scream. Atleast my arms will be buff from all the shoveling. I look forward to skiffs of snow apposed to feet of snow. Keep me informed of your moving plans.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:30 PM

68 posts, read 237,858 times
SPUDMOM:

I used to live in Pocatello and did a lot of training in Boise. Love the night skiing. We are moving to Nashville now too as I just officially accepted an offer out there today. I was hoping to get back West but I keep going further East. Not great skiing out here but close enough to oceans you can actually swim in that you can make a weekend of it.

JBH4:

Philo is some shirt tail relative of my wife's. My wife will be stuck behind selling our house as well. I'm going to have to find some place to slum it until it sells. At least we live close enough I can come home on the weekends.

Old 02-01-2008, 05:10 PM

jbh4-
My dd did a report on Rigby! I thought it was an interesting little town.
I like Boise but have had a terrible business experience out here and I think I am ready to move on. The branch my dh works for has also not lived up to the things they promised him when he took the job, so he is ready to move on also.
Congrats on your new home!! Glad to hear that your dh has family to stay with, although I am sure it is hard to be away from him. Is TN new to you? What an adventure!
I hear ya about shoveling the snow, though my arms need alot more snow to get them in shape lol!!!

Panacasummit-

My hubby couldn't agree with you more about the night skiing. That's the beauty of bogus being so close to town. Congrats on your new job, I wish you the best!
The beach! Now we're talkin!!! Where are you living now if you don't mind me asking?

I was shocked at what a comparable home in my neighborhood sold for last week, I'm thinking more and more about leasing my home out until the market changes. Some friends of mine that moved to Salt Lake waited 9 mos before their home sold and they lost so much that they are now like first time homebuyers all over again. Gulp!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: