Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 11:44 PM

620 posts, read 1,192,271 times

Advertisements

I was under the impression that Antioch is zip code 37013, nothing less or more. When I rented in Antioch, the address said Antioch, Tn 37013. A friend of mine owned a business near Harding place and Nolensville road, the address labeled Nashville, Tn 37211. But when I tell people that, they tell me I'm stupid. Something about how the zip code is only used for the post office, and has little to do with neighborhood boundaries. Someone please fill me in.

Last edited by BayAreaDave; 11-03-2015 at 12:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 11:56 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,261,681 times
I don't think anything on Nolensville Rd is Antioch.

Old 11-03-2015, 12:00 AM

620 posts, read 1,192,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
I don't think anything on Nolensville Rd is Antioch.
If you type the 37013 zip code on google maps, it give a clear boundary. That is what I have always assumed was the boundary of Antioch. And yes, There is a small part of Nolensville road that is in that boundary south of Bell Road. Am I correct in assuming the boundary of 37013 is considered Antioch?

You are right about Nolensville road, my parents used to own a liquor store next to the old Kroger. The address was Nashville, not Antioch.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:13 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,261,681 times
Zip codes are not necessarily the best indicators for what is what. For instance, zip codes can cross county lines (such as 37027), and while part of 37027 is in Davidson County, and generally referred to as "Brentwood", it is not the same as the city of Brentwood.

37220 is another interesting one. You can use Oak Hill in the address when mailing something (but the default is Nashville), yet it includes areas of the city of Nashville, like part of the Crieve Hall neighborhood (which itself is split over 3 zip codes).

Outside of Davidson, it's really tricky because the zip code boundaries predate a lot of city and town annexations, so you might live in one city, but have the mailing address of another.

Back to Davidson....of course there is Nashville, as well as 6 independent satellite cities. But most of those satellite cities do not have their own zip code....however, there are a couple of zip codes that do not use "Nashville" as the mailing address, despite being wholly in Nashville. As a general rule, if it is a 372XX zip, then Nashville is the default mailing address. If it is 370XX or 371XX, then it is something else. Here are some examples:

37013 - Antioch, TN (Cane Ridge is also acceptable)
37072 - Goodlettsville, TN, includes the independent town of Goodlettsville, but also parts of Nashville in Davidson County, Ridgetop in Robertson County, and Millersville in Sumner County
37076 - Hermitage, TN
37080 - Joelton, TN, which includes a small portion of Cheatham County
37115 - Madison, TN
37138 - Old Hickory, TN (Lakewood is also acceptable, and it was formerly a separate entity), and includes a small portion of Wilson County (Green Hill)
37189 - Whites Creek, TN

Some other oddities:
37027 - Brentwood, TN -- includes several thousand Davidson County residents, but Nashville is not accepted
37204 - Nashville, TN, but Berry Hill, TN and Melrose, TN also accepted
37211 - Nashville, TN, but Woodbine, TN used to be accepted, yet is no longer
37214 - Nashville, TN, but Donelson, TN used to be accepted, yet is no longer
37215 - Nashville, TN, but Forest Hills, TN is also accepted (the Nashville portion generally coincides with Green Hills)
37216 - Nashville, TN, but Jere Baxter, TN used to be accepted, yet is no longer (also generally considered to be "Inglewood")
37220 - Nashville, TN, but Oak Hill, TN is also accepted
37221 - Nashville, TN, but Bellevue, TN is also accepted

Old 11-03-2015, 06:42 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,558,485 times
Zip codes are strictly a creation of the post office to designate delivery territories.

Some neighborhoods are more defined than others, and some are subjective. I've always considered everything east of Edmondson Pike along OHB to be Antioch, but I know many would argue that.

Old 11-03-2015, 06:39 PM

815 posts, read 2,005,830 times
The core of Antioch is the Bell Rd./Murfreesboro Rd./Hickory Hollow areas spreading south and east down to the Rutherford County line and up to Percy Priest Lake, northward to Haywood Ln. east exit only to just south of the Sam's area on Harding. To the south and west it's all the way down to the corner of Davidson county where Rutherford and Williamson counties meet and all the way over to Nolesville Rd. at the start of the city of Nolensville. The line kind of zig zags once you pass OHB headed south on Nolensville. Lennox Village is not considered Antioch, 37013, but right behind it is and the shops on down south last Lennox is actually 37013. There is one part of Nolensville Rd. where the right lane is Williamson county, Nolensville city limits while the left lane is Davidson County, 37013 and when you turn left on Burkit Rd. you see the sign that says welcome to the Cane Ridge Comminity, 37013. The tricky thing is some of those new neighborhoods are on the county line and if you use your phones map it will list them as Nolensville,TN with a 37013 zip, and the other side of Burkit its Antioch, TN, 37013.
Bringing it back north, Harding and areas north of OHB on Nolensville are not Antioch. I don't mean to exclude those areas but the only area that may be associated with Antioch that is not actually Antioch is the Priest Lake area with the 37217 zip code due to its very close proximity to the 37103 zip and being land locked by the lake. Also the Harding place area has never attended school with people in the actual Antioch area or Priest Lake area. We always attended Mcgavock from the 70's-00's, Antioch High Or Cane Ridge. Harding place area and Haywood Lane west always want to Oveton or Glencliff so we never really had association with those areas.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:07 AM

114 posts, read 139,259 times
Parts of Nashville further up Murfreesboro close to town-Glencliff Estates, Miro Meadows/Stardust Acres, Hill n Dale, Glengarry Park are 37217 and definitely not Antioch.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siamese Kitty View Post
Parts of Nashville further up Murfreesboro close to town-Glencliff Estates, Miro Meadows/Stardust Acres, Hill n Dale, Glengarry Park are 37217 and definitely not Antioch.
Right, only the areas near the lake like Edgo-O-Lake, the Pennisula, and other areas that are on the boarder of 37013, or that are within the Antioch High School zone, which was the Mcgavock Zone from the early 70's-00's. So yes, the areas of 37217 that are within the Glencliff cluster are not considered or associated with Antioch.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:38 PM

114 posts, read 139,259 times
Edge o lake is Nashville, too.

Old 11-04-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siamese Kitty View Post
Edge o lake is Nashville, too.
I'm not saying it's not Nashville but what I am saying is due to very close proximity to the Antioch line it is called the Antioch area...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville