Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 02:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,314 times

Advertisements

My family and I are wanting to relocate to the Hendersonville area. We can not move until me or my husband has a job, but are finding it difficult to get hired since we are still down here in south Florida.Any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :-) We have two small children also and I was wandering what is the best school district in that area. Thanks

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 02:05 PM

28 posts, read 105,802 times
And to add to this what are the major job industries in the area?

Old 02-05-2008, 07:37 PM

250 posts, read 1,014,259 times
Here's a list of Nashvilles Largest Employers

Most find it easier to find work once they are here, but I know that presents a financial challenge for most. Do you have a home to sell in FL? If not, that is a plus. Most companies aren't offering relocation packages as they used to due to the markets in other states.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:36 PM

97 posts, read 376,530 times
Hey, Jennifer. Wondering if you found any answers to your question about relocating and not getting a job. My husband and I are in the same situation (it sounds). I have been job hunting for a good 6 months now and have no luck. We are planning to relocate in June 2008.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:10 PM

77 posts, read 273,364 times
Default A different Jen but will stick in my 2 cents

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimnjasonx3 View Post
Hey, Jennifer. Wondering if you found any answers to your question about relocating and not getting a job. My husband and I are in the same situation (it sounds). I have been job hunting for a good 6 months now and have no luck. We are planning to relocate in June 2008.
Hi Kimnjason
I saw your post and I am kind of in the same situation. We are either going to be starting/relocating a business there or I will be looking for a job also. I think sometimes its just easier to sign up with an agency. Some companies don't even hire on there own. I really don't want to commute to Nashville from Hender. I've read that its not fun Where are u moving from? Is it set in stone that your moving June 08? Hope you find something - do searches online. I'm on all the time looking at everything in that area.
Jengal

Old 02-11-2008, 07:26 PM

187 posts, read 611,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenHope124 View Post
My family and I are wanting to relocate to the Hendersonville area. We can not move until me or my husband has a job, but are finding it difficult to get hired since we are still down here in south Florida.Any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :-) We have two small children also and I was wandering what is the best school district in that area. Thanks

Jennifer
Hi Jennifer... My family and I are also looking to relocate to Hend. summer 08. My husband is in the process of getting on the police department. What line of work are you looking for? If you check out www.hvilltn.org (broken link) there is a employment area on there (city jobs), maybe you or your hubby would be interested.?? As for school's ( I have 3 small kids) I have heard all the Hend schools have a very good reputation. What area are you guys looking in?? Well, good luck to you I hope you find what you are looking for.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:52 PM

23 posts, read 67,799 times
We moved here from So Fl (Punta Gorda) in December, 2005. I found work immediately and so did my wife. In order to get into a nice apartment (before we had jobs) we had to put down 3 months (first two months and security deposit) rent but that gave us an address we could move forward from. We even rented a corporate apartment for a few weeks while we waited for our unit to become available. We just recently purchased a home to complete our transition from hurricane victims to whole again.

Jobs are plentiful for people with skills. You never mentioned what fields you are looking at for work. I work for a major hotel company with 8 properties in town. We have opportunities in almost every department. health care is always looking for staff as are the insurance, restaurant and retail industries. You may not want service sector, but it is a job that gets you established.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:56 AM

97 posts, read 376,530 times
It is so interesting and exciting to hear that other people are relocating to Hendersonville also. My husband and I are going to be visiting the area in the beginning of April. We are hoping to find housing (renting at first) and looking at the schools. We have 3 young girls - 5 yrs old and 3 1/2 yr old twin girls. They will be enrolled in the PK and K school. I am in the accounting field and my husband is in the construction field. We are so excited to make a move, you can't even imagine. The only thing holding us back at this time is waiting for our daughter to finish PK here. I have not had luck getting any bites for employment yet. I have been applying through Careerbuilder. I anticipate talking with an employment firm when we get there in April.

Can someone tell my whey they are chosing Hendersonville to move to? I am just curious. It sounds and looks like a nice area, but I guess we will find out when we get there in April.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:16 PM

77 posts, read 273,364 times
Quote:
It is so interesting and exciting to hear that other people are relocating to Hendersonville also. My husband and I are going to be visiting the area in the beginning of April. We are hoping to find housing (renting at first) and looking at the schools. We have 3 young girls - 5 yrs old and 3 1/2 yr old twin girls. They will be enrolled in the PK and K school. I am in the accounting field and my husband is in the construction field. We are so excited to make a move, you can't even imagine. The only thing holding us back at this time is waiting for our daughter to finish PK here. I have not had luck getting any bites for employment yet. I have been applying through Careerbuilder. I anticipate talking with an employment firm when we get there in April.

Can someone tell my whey they are chosing Hendersonville to move to? I am just curious. It sounds and looks like a nice area, but I guess we will find out when we get there in April.
We were looking at Cookeville first (have relatives in Crossville) but decided also to look at Hendersonville area while we were near and liked it a lot more. My husband has to be by a lake (grew up on Lake Erie). He's a big boating enthusiast. We really liked the easy access to Old Hickory Lake. The schools also seemed good from what I've checked out so far. We have been living in too rural of an area for our taste and want to be closer to things. There seems to be so much growth there that I don't think your husband should have a hard time finding work. If I see anything in Accounting I'll let ya know. Good Luck. Let us know how you make out.
Jengal

Old 02-13-2008, 02:06 PM

187 posts, read 611,786 times
Thumbs up Why Hendersonville

Quote:

I have a cousin in Hendersonville, which is why we started looking into that area. We did search some of the surrounding area's as well (Gallatin, White House & even Mt. Juliet) But we just really LOVED Hend'!! It seems very famliy orientated and the people were very friendly when we visited. My cousin moved there from NY (where we currently live) 8 years ago and says he has never regret it. I hope we won't either Mount Juliet was very nice also, seemed a lot like Hend' to me. But with my hubby getting on the Hend' police department, it was to far away! We are all set to go down there Feb. 29th to possibly sign contract's on a home I can not wait!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville