U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 02-17-2008, 08:37 AM

2 posts, read 1,969 times
Default looking to relocate

Any suggestions!
I will be relocating to Nashville in the next few months. I'll be working at
The Gaylord Opryland Hotel & need some ideas on where I should live.
I'm a 45 yr old SWF and moving from San Francisco area & hate traffic.
I've seen Mt Juliet & Lebanon come up a lot. Are these areas more "the burbs"? And how far are they from Nashville?
If I decide to live in Nashville - what area should I look at?
Thanks for your time!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 02-17-2008, 10:05 AM

6,297 posts, read 14,542,711 times
Are you planning to rent or buy?

Mt. Juliet might be a possibility for you (as would be Hendersonville), but if I were you I think I would look closer to Opryland. Within a five-mile radius of Opryland, you can find some pretty nice areas, and some that are not so nice, so you'd have to be selective, but I think it would be worth your trouble.

Unread 02-18-2008, 10:43 AM

100 posts, read 222,660 times
Cat63--

Congrats on the new job and welcome to Nashville. I have just sent you a DM with some info. Let me know if you have any questions.

Unread 02-18-2008, 10:50 AM

1,717 posts, read 4,448,144 times
Look into Donelson. It won't be much of a drive.

Unread 02-18-2008, 02:43 PM

2 posts, read 1,969 times
Wow Thank you all so much!!! What a great website!!!
I just did my first interview & it went really well!!! So Hopefully it's just a matter of time.
I really can't thank you enough for the info. As I narrow my search I'm sure I'll ask for help!

Unread 03-22-2008, 08:42 PM

6 posts, read 4,935 times
I moved here from SF 2 years ago and now live in East Nashville. I'm 49 and love the east side. It has it's problems but I love the vibe. As far as traffic goes here, lets just say I dont miss the Bay Bridge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville