Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 06:56 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,003,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
Cincinnati suburbs remind of Nashville suburbs the scenery is nearly identical. Nashville scenery is not the biggest factor in its growth thou. Nashville economy is awesome for health care. Great post man.
I would agree. I grew up in Ohio (columbus area) but have been to Cinci many times. Nashville's scenery is somewhat like cinci's in that you have the river running through the downtown and lots of hills surrounding it. Cincinnati's hills seem to be very centralized around the river though (lake front) whereas in Nashville, the farther out you get from downtown the more you encounter rolling hills. I think Nashville is pretty but it depends on what you characterize as pretty. I would choose Colorado's landscape with the mountains around over Nashville's hills, but compared to living in Ohio, moving to Nashville was a very welcome change with the rolling hills (especially in the spring and fall).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 05:53 PM

5 posts, read 5,347 times
It's a growing city with real nice topography. Prettier than Atlanta imo.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:11 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,506,085 times
A couple of videos you should watch. These show several angles of the core from a drone's perspective.

https://youtu.be/AohAuu69qXo
https://youtu.be/uU7hdtJJ6Rg

Old 08-23-2016, 06:16 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,875,216 times
I miss Nashville so much I might move back but my job is in Miami Beach. Nashville people are a lot friendlier and more polite than Miami people. I just love the nightlife and the beach here but Nashville scenery is nice as well.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:51 PM

345 posts, read 530,267 times
Quote:
I miss Nashville so much I might move back but my job is in Miami Beach. Nashville people are a lot friendlier and more polite than Miami people. I just love the nightlife and the beach here but Nashville scenery is nice as well.
I heard a lot of bad things about the people down in Miami. A good friend lives in Miami and he says girls won't even take a look at you unless you sport a bentley, ferarri, Lamborghini, or cars of that sort. Very superficial. It's everybody down there, even the guys. couldn't live there plus I hate florida for personal reasons.

Anyway, Nashville (from what I gather from this thread) seems to have great scenery. Thanks for your opinions in this thread.

Old 08-23-2016, 07:03 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,875,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funtraveler1 View Post
I heard a lot of bad things about the people down in Miami. A good friend lives in Miami and he says girls won't even take a look at you unless you sport a bentley, ferarri, Lamborghini, or cars of that sort. Very superficial. It's everybody down there, even the guys. couldn't live there plus I hate florida for personal reasons.

Anyway, Nashville (from what I gather from this thread) seems to have great scenery. Thanks for your opinions in this thread.
It can be superficial but I try to avoid people like that. I went to a wealthy prep school and private college of mostly privileged kids so I am used to it by now. People are superficial and fake everywhere you go, Miami just seems to have more of it. Where are you from? You should visit Nashville and see if you like the scenery its a fun city to visit.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:06 PM

Quote:
It can be superficial but I try to avoid people like that. I went to a wealthy prep school and private college of mostly privileged kids so I am used to it by now. People are superficial and fake everywhere you go, Miami just seems to have more of it. Where are you from? You should visit Nashville and see if you like the scenery its a fun city to visit.
Austin but live in Louisiana right now. I heard Austin has scenery comparable to Nashville, how do you think they compare? And I sure, I'm planning for a trip next spring

Old 08-25-2016, 06:55 AM

1,398 posts, read 2,506,085 times
This link shows many of the accolades bestowed on Nashville in the past year or so. Among them, Prettiest City by Budget Travel magazine.

Nashville's High Notes | Visit Nashville, TN - Music City

Old 08-30-2016, 10:43 AM

1,062 posts, read 2,051,750 times
I think Nashville is a very nice, clean city. People are posting about Oceans and the Rocky Mountains, etc. Land isn't the only piece of scenery. The architecture is nice and goes well with the layout of the land. Is Nashville a pretty city? Yes.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:16 AM

Guys I'm from Louisiana where it's totally flat. I'm looking at Nashville and Atlanta. I'm not expecting big huge majestic mountains and the beautiful ocean. I just wanna know if the city is pretty, and how it compares to Atlanta. Thanks for the comments tho y'all are great. If the city has hills and lakes and just basically good outdoors, that's great to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville