Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2016, 05:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,237 times

Advertisements

Hello. My BF and I will be moving to the Nashville area next spring. I'm 38 and Arab, he is 45 and white, both of us on the "bear" side of life, been together for 6 years. We live in DC now. We definitely would prefer somewhere outside the city, like a nice suburb, but still be close enough to enjoy urban life. We did the city life, loved it, but with the move to Nashville, we're both ready to move onto quieter suburban living.

Looking online, it seems like Oak Hill would fit the bill. As per Google Maps, it seems very close to downtown Nashville but also centrally located to many of the other shopping areas like Green Hills, the north Brentwood area, not too far from other nice cities like Franklin, etc. And from what we can see, it looks clean and safe, with nice houses (our budget is $1m).

Would a gay couple be welcome in Oak Hill? We don't need to become best friends with all of our neighbors, but a certain level of tolerance is definitely expected. Again, from what I can see online, there are some nice areas that seem to have larger gay populations within the city of Nashville itself, but we want the quiet of the suburbs but still want to close to the city itself. I know Nashville as a city is very open and tolerant, especially by southern standards, but how do the suburbs and Oak Hill compare?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2016, 09:15 AM

374 posts, read 692,997 times
I live in Oak Hill and have a lesbian neighbor who moved here specifically because she thought it would be more welcoming than her previous 'hood (Brentwood or Franklin). It seems to be a mix of older, more conservative folks and younger arts & entertainment types who are quite liberal and very comfortable with the LGBT community.

Old 12-04-2016, 05:41 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,543,377 times
I have friends that are a lesbian couple that live in Oak Hill too. I think inside Davidson County you would be fine anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: