Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 09:10 AM

38 posts, read 40,059 times

Advertisements

I came from Naperville where there were tons of good schools. We have two kids so schools are the most important. Brentwood and Nolensville seems good. I work in Nashville so it will be ideal to be close to highway. Brentwood is my first choice but since im not local I might be missing other good areas. My house budget is 400s or not more than 500s. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 09:14 AM

Also Im Asian and my wife is mixed so I don't know if diversity is a problem there but usually nice towns are more tolerant to other cultures so I guess brentwood wouldn't be a problem

Old 02-09-2017, 04:10 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,194 times
I would add Franklin too. Where in Nashville are you working?

Use this site to look for houses:

RealTracs Real Estate Mid-South Property Finder

That will let you search by county so you can make sure the houses you are seeing for sale are in Williamson County. Houses in 37027 zip in Nashville often pop up in a Brentwood search on Realtor.com, and those houses would not be zoned for Williamson County schools.

Not sure how old your kids are, but Granbury in Nashville is a great elementary where some of the 37027 Nashville houses are zoned. Middle school in that area gets trickier though.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:20 PM

Thanks. I'm work about in the center of nashville, right of 65. I plan to stay in the same house for a long time so I'd rather find a good school district for k-12. Franklin definitely is good, just a little further from my work place

Old 02-11-2017, 06:19 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,545,726 times
A budget of $500k and under isn't going to go far in Brentwood. I would expand include Franklin in addition to Nolensville. You may also want to consider Sumner County if you are working downtown. You will get more house for your money in Sumner than Williamson.

Old 02-14-2017, 04:54 AM

382 posts, read 488,737 times
I second on Sumner County. Average ACT scores there are second only to Williamson County in Middle Tennessee and there are plenty of nice areas there that are not too overpriced. Check out Indian Lake, Jack Anderson, Beech, Burrus, Station Camp, Madison Creek, Walton Ferry and other Elementary Schools if you want your kids to go to good schools K-12. Once again, Goodlettsville and Hendersonville and even the western areas of Gallatin will not be too long of a commute and your price range will get you something nicer in Sumner than it can in Williamson County. Mt Juliet also has very good schools and isn't way out in the middle of nowhere. I hope that helped.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:02 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,083,984 times
I wouldn't discredit Mt. Juliet if Wilson County schools don't grade all that well.

As mentioned above, MJ has a good school system compared to the rest of Wilson County and much of it associates more with Hermitage and Davidson County than it does the rural areas to the east. It's also not too difficult to commute to and from downtown, especially on Lebanon Road (US 70) if the interstate is crowded.

Old 02-16-2017, 02:00 PM

1,683 posts, read 811,317 times
All 3 of the Stewarts Creek schools are one on campus... k through 12. The new houses are in your price range easily.

https://www.google.com/search?q=stew...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Old 02-16-2017, 08:05 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Your budget is perfect for Brenthaven, an incredible neighborhood in the heart of Brentwood right off I-65 between Concord Road and Moores Lane.

It has older ranch-style homes on large lots AND has an excellent elementary school, Lipscomb, in the neighborhood. It also connects at multiple points to the city's bike trails and library.

City of Brentwood : All About the Library

There are a couple of homes on the market here right now, and I know of some who plan on listing soon. I would put it on your list to look at as the market picks up. If a home becomes available, you have to pounce.

Old 02-17-2017, 03:23 PM

4 posts, read 2,865 times
Williamson County is where you'd want to be for the best public schools. I live on the Westside of Nashville and feel good about sending my child to elementary school here but would be iffy about middle school and definitely not high school. The city's zoning has ruined Hillsboro High School and i suspect other high schools would be similar but I'm not sure. Most families that can afford it in this area, send their kids to private schools which are top notch.
Just my .02 cents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville