Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2017, 10:26 PM

12 posts, read 17,357 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Franklin in April, and I am excited about everything except leaving my amazing obgyn. I am 17 weeks pregnant, potentially could become high risk as my last pregnancy I started pre term labor at 20 weeks , hoping to avoid that this time of course though. My doctor now lets me come in for a heartbeat check anytime I call, answers my worries and questions at 2 am and is just amazing. He knows my husbands name etc, very personable and I prefer this to a group where you see a team of different doctors. Please somebody tell me they have an obgyn they love and recommend !

Also would love to hear your preference on best hospital to deliver at. From what I've read I'm leaning toward centennial
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 02:11 AM

374 posts, read 693,205 times
When I first got here and asked for recommendations every beloved doctor was no longer accepting new patients. I guess that's to be expected in a city that's growing too fast. Good luck with your search.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:36 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,545,217 times
I love my OB (Dr. Dykes Franklin Women's)

However, since you know you are high risk you probably want someone affiliated with Baptist (or whatever it has been rebranded) or Vanderbilt.

Old 02-24-2017, 05:36 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,740,532 times
Dr Roy Burch Jr is a wonderful doctor.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:10 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,727,794 times
I love Heather Rupe at Women's Group of Franklin.

I had a bad experience at Centennial on the high risk floor. My doctor ended up moving me to Baptist (now St Thomas Midtown) in the middle of the night. But that was a long time ago, so things may be better now.

Old 02-25-2017, 02:23 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,006,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I love Heather Rupe at Women's Group of Franklin.

I had a bad experience at Centennial on the high risk floor. My doctor ended up moving me to Baptist (now St Thomas Midtown) in the middle of the night. But that was a long time ago, so things may be better now.
My wife loves womens group of franklin (williamson hospital). I don't think you could go wrong with baptist (st. thomas) or Vanderbilt either though. We had our first son delivered at williamson and we're going back for our second (my wife's almost 12 weeks pregnant). My wife has had really good experiences with all the doctors at womens group of franklin. Her previous (and now current) doctor is Dr. Eia and she has always been very informative and super kind.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:31 PM

97 posts, read 245,312 times
I love my OB. She's with Women Obstetrics & Gynecology in Nashville. All of the doctors in that practice are great. Amanda Barrett was mine, and she dealt with my high-risk pregnancy with a lot of grace and unbelievable bedside manner. I know several people who use that practice and are happy with it. They have privileges at Centennial and St. Thomas Midtown. I delivered both kids at St. Thomas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville