Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 12:55 PM

1,683 posts, read 810,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
Jack White
The Black Keys
Tommy Shaw of Styx fame
The Wild Feathers
The Weeks
The Kills
Paramore
Some dude named Justin Timberlake
Most Americana artists

And these are the ones just off the top of my head.
Peter Frampton
Kid Rock
Keith Carlock (Steely Dan)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 01:02 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,875,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinestx View Post
^^ Nashville is the sort of place (only large city perhaps) where celebrities can go to restaurants and be unmolested by fans. Sure, they'll create a bit of a scene when they arrive, but then things calm down pretty quickly.

As a general rule, people don't bother celebrities. That's why Steven Tyler Steven Tyler: Nashville fits 'like an old shoe'
Steve Winwood (he married a Tennessee gal) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Winwood , Kelly Clarkson, Taylor Swift (went to high school in Hendersonville), Peter Frampton Peter Frampton on going acoustic, believing in America , Judy Collins, Sheryl Crow Sheryl Crow Nashville Home - Sheryl Crow House Tour , Kirk Herbstreit A Place to Call Home: Living Normal in Nashville – Sports and Entertainment Nashville , Elizabeth and Matt Hasselbeck, Jay Cutler and Kristen Cavallari In Nashville, Jay Cutler and Kristin Cavallari will find what they can't in Chicago - Chicago Tribune , Eddie George, Niki Taylor, (all just off the top of my head) have homes in Nashville. Of course, with the international popularity of "country" music, the area also claims Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban and the cast of "Nashville" which is as popular as the old TV show "Dallas" in European and Asian countries and Australia.
Nashville people do not care about Hollywood types we are down to earth people.

Old 08-27-2017, 03:59 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,506,497 times
Maybe this will help you understand the appeal of Nashville a bit more.

Forbes.com: Nashville is one of America's hottest cities right now and it's not just because of hockey. Millennials are moving there in droves and the VC/entrepreneur community is on fire.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterta.../#7d653dc37a58

Old 08-28-2017, 01:48 PM

4 posts, read 3,077 times
I was raised in Nashville and I truly believe it is amazing - it has the perks of being a big city but very much so with a community centric vibe. However, I know what you are saying - I was shocked to hear multiple of my friends from college in Boston were coming to Nashville to visit (and trust me they weren't just coming for me haha). Each one had fun exploring the little pocket neighborhoods.. Germantown, Edgehill Village, East Nashville, Downtown Franklin and of course spending a night or two honky tonkin' on Broadway. I mean for people who enjoy MUSIC it is everywhere and all different genres. And I have to agree it is a lovely place to live and explore.

Old 08-30-2017, 12:10 PM

136 posts, read 210,664 times
I think it's just friendly and easy to get around and laid back. It doesn't have the array of offerings of NYC or Boston, but it doesn't have the traffic either (despite what people think around here, the traffic is still minimal compared to other places). The weather is mild so it's easy to be out doors most of the time, and if you an outdoors person, there is lots to do, much closer than the smokey mountains. But if you are used to big cities, I agree nashville still doesn't offer the feel of a big city, but that might be what draws some people here. It's manageable.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:12 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,844,996 times
Why would Nash be considered Sun Belt?

Old 09-02-2017, 09:17 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
Why would Nash be considered Sun Belt?
because its growing fast. its spread out. people act like its the sunbelt. it is the sunbelt.

Old 09-03-2017, 03:42 PM

17 posts, read 22,897 times
I was in Nasvhille recently for two days to see the recent eclipse. I'd never been to Nashville, but was excited to go and check it out. I moved from Austin (which I loved) to Seattle a couple years ago and have been considering moving to another Southern city.

I must say that during my trip I had an EXCELLENT time. Spent one night out on Broadway taking in the country music (big fan of the genre), and one night out bar hopping in East Nashville. I'm a 30 year old single guy and was out solo both nights. Saw some fun music, and met some cool people.

That being said... while I did have a great trip in Nashville, upon seeing it I had no desire to live there. I admit you can't see all of a city that size in a very short trip like that, but once you get past the country music/lower Broadway, there doesn't seem to be too much of an urban "buzz" to the place. I recall there were a couple charming residential areas, but there was also a TON of gentrification (certainly not unique to Nashville) and some parts of town just felt like a sea of condos and hotels. East Nashville was fun but I was surprised by the relatively small size of the neighborhood.

Of course it all comes down to what people like in a city. Personally, I preferred Austin over what I saw of Nashville as I thought ATX had much more (and more varied) nightlife, more of a buzz in general, more character in some of the neighborhoods, (SoCo, downtown, etc.) and more walkable districts (SoCo/downtown again, Rainey, E 6th). Downtown Nashville and Downtown ATX actually remind me of each other a lot, only there seemed to be a lot more going on in Austin. This is not anti-Nashville sentiment, but for my particular sensibilities, Austin is the preferred southern/music/college/trendy town. However, if I have reason to go back to Nashville, I'll do so gladly as there's no doubt you can have a good time there.

Old 09-03-2017, 05:55 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,717,731 times
Quote:
but once you get past the country music/lower Broadway, there doesn't seem to be too much of an urban "buzz" to the place.
Bingo. You've nailed it perfectly.

Old 09-04-2017, 04:28 PM

140 posts, read 256,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
Bingo. You've nailed it perfectly.
Im glad someone else finally sees this, as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville