U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 11:28 PM

13 posts, read 24,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Amber, have you tried looking in Nolensville? There is a lot of new homes going up there at affordable prices. Its in Williamson County, and a real easy commute to the Zoo. The HS that they use now is Ravenwood in Brentwood.
One of the larger subdivisions there is called Bent Creek, but there are many more. I was told the elementry schools there are excellent.
Diane G
Diane,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check Nolensville. Can anyone tell me more about the Metro transit service in the area? I read a brief snippet that made me think that metrorail commuting might be a possibility there in Nashville but wasn't sure where it starts/stops, etc. That might help with our decision on where to move. My husband would LOVE to be able to commute that way and not have to drive himself. Save on gas and he could work/read/etc. and multi-task which he would think rocks.

I'm getting excited about our move. First, I was more anxious and uncertain how I'd like it there but now I'm starting to look forward to new opportunities, new friendships, new places!

Thanks for your input,

Amber
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 11:35 PM

6,291 posts, read 15,833,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed2bamom View Post
Diane,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check Nolensville. Can anyone tell me more about the Metro transit service in the area? I read a brief snippet that made me think that metrorail commuting might be a possibility there in Nashville but wasn't sure where it starts/stops, etc. That might help with our decision on where to move. My husband would LOVE to be able to commute that way and not have to drive himself. Save on gas and he could work/read/etc. and multi-task which he would think rocks.

I'm getting excited about our move. First, I was more anxious and uncertain how I'd like it there but now I'm starting to look forward to new opportunities, new friendships, new places!

Thanks for your input,

Amber
Rail is very limited here. There's currently only one line, the Music City Star. Here's a link: Music City Star commuter rail service

Old 03-27-2008, 11:41 PM

13 posts, read 24,916 times
Thanks for the info.. Too bad the rail service isn't more extensive. The way gas prices continue to rise it would really make sense for more cities to make this type of transportation a priority. Not to mention helping to decrease smog levels...

Old 03-27-2008, 11:47 PM

2,866 posts, read 6,185,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2three View Post
Hi Diane I think we have "spoke" before on other posts
We are moving to Hendersonville sometime in the next 3-6 months. All depending on my husbands job and/or when our house is built.
Pretty much everybody I have met or spoke with on these forums has been super helpful and very welcoming, so I am not worried
You will like Hendersonville. That would not have worked out for us because I've been told and have noticed that there is more traffic that way from where my husband works. Now he is home in 20-25 min when in NJ it took him over 2 hours because of the traffic.
Good Luck with Your Move!
Diane G

Old 03-28-2008, 09:17 AM

187 posts, read 420,744 times
Quote:
You will like Hendersonville. That would not have worked out for us because I've been told and have noticed that there is more traffic that way from where my husband works. Now he is home in 20-25 min when in NJ it took him over 2 hours because of the traffic.
Diane G
Yes, I have heard that the traffic can be a bit unbearable at times! Not sure how it compares to NY traffic But either way, for us it was not so much of an issue. Hubby is getting on the Hendersonville PD, so we will pretty much be, Living, Working, & Playing in Hend'. It made our dicision that much easier. Thank goodness, because there are a lot of great places to choose from

Old 03-28-2008, 11:03 AM

752 posts, read 1,074,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed2bamom View Post
Thanks for the info.. Too bad the rail service isn't more extensive. The way gas prices continue to rise it would really make sense for more cities to make this type of transportation a priority. Not to mention helping to decrease smog levels...
More transit options are coming. We'll be getting our first BRT line (http://e-paper.nashvillecitypaper.com/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=VENQLzIwMDgvMDMvMTgjQXIwMDMwMg==&Mode=H TML&Locale=english-skin-custom - broken link) (Bus Rail Transit) with new fuel-efficient buses through Gallatin Road as early as next year. West End and Murfreesboro Road will likely follow. I know light-rail transit (LRT) is also is the plans as well. We'll likely need some federal funding to get LRT so we'll need to see how the economy improves. Charlotte, a similar southeast city, just recently opened their first light-rail transit line which looks great.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:11 PM

224 posts, read 447,309 times
Best thing about Nashville? It's not Memphis. No, just kidding. There are some good things about Memphis.

Nashville is a gorgeous city. Lots of parks. There's a lot of job opportunities there. Housing is reasonable.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:02 AM

1,313 posts, read 2,387,586 times
Quote:
Diane G

The traffic in Hendersonville is pretty bad..I've been in a lot of towns but for some reason Hendersonville is the worst...the last time I was there I vowed I would not go back..the realtor agreed ..I think 65 impacts it more..I found the area to be very congested..I ended up just outside Murfreesboro and I love it...There is traffic everywhere but it seems to be worst around any exits off 65..Brentwood is as bad as Westwood in CA. you just don't go out at 3 pm. thru 6..awful...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville