Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 04:16 AM

64 posts, read 223,569 times

Advertisements

I am currently living in Barcelona, Spain and will be relocating back to the US soon! I have previously lived in Miami/LA/DC and loved the progression, diversity, nightlife and good looks of the city! However, I love the south and would like to find a city that can offer the best of both worlds! I am originally from the Appalachians in VA and really dont want to pursue an area that is simular and can only offer a beer crowd and country activities....

What would the people dress like, party like, look like.....Im just trying to get an image of the public and vibe! (??)

Thanks so much for any info you can give!

L*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2008, 10:05 AM

119 posts, read 835,097 times
Default Cmt.

Watch CMT. That's a good vibe for what Nashville is like.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:04 PM

160 posts, read 502,881 times
I spent a year in SoCal and Nashville reminds me a lot of a Southern version of SoCal. It's no where near as diverse, but people are nicer and it has an exciting vibe that pulses throughout the city. Whether people moved here for work, the music biz, or school they are excited to be here.

Old 03-22-2008, 03:18 PM

Great, I have heard that it has more to offer than the country music crowd, I dont mind country music......but I would like more diversity.....Is it modernized and progressive? Are the people health conscience?...

Old 03-22-2008, 03:21 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake73 View Post
Watch CMT. That's a good vibe for what Nashville is like.
lol
stereo type much?

Old 03-22-2008, 04:32 PM

625 posts, read 4,571,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lourdea View Post
Is it modernized and progressive? Are the people health conscience?...
Yes, Nashville has arrived...we have a Whole Foods now

Old 03-22-2008, 05:08 PM

Great....You have to understand my basis of questioning! I have seen the most left behind areas and the most progressive.....and unfortunately as much as I love the south the best, there are alot (of even large cities)....that do not advance and progress ----My family go to Nashville often , as they live in southern VA....so they love it!...but they are older, so being young and single, its very age appropriate to have a curiousity of the young public!

Thanks

Old 03-22-2008, 05:16 PM

597 posts, read 2,108,832 times
I think you'd be quite pleasantly surprised. Sounds like you need to come check it out. That's about all we can do. You can be anyone you want to be and find plenty of others of like minds, no matter what. Diversity abounds here probably more than many of our sister southern cities because of numerous reasons, music business, colleges and universities, the healthcare industry. The list goes on and on. Come try us out.

Loved the CMT comment. Good laughs are healthy.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:42 PM

Thanks! I have heard that it is diverse...the CMT comment threw me off for a moment....

Old 03-22-2008, 06:40 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lourdea View Post
Thanks! I have heard that it is diverse...the CMT comment threw me off for a moment....
I am Black from NYC. I have visited Nashville on a few occasions (have a family member there). I first thought it would be some ignorant hick town sort of place where all the men wore mullets. But it was the furthest thing from that. People were generally VERY nice, there is tons to do, very picturesque. It doesn't have ALL of the amenities of a big city but I think it will soon. That place is like the Dubai of America to me. Growing by leaps and bounds. Every time I go there something new is going up or something else is in the works. They also have a pretty good Mass Transit plan in the works moving forward, the first phase of which will be a BRT (Bus Rapid Transit system). I think the final stage of which will be to go to Light Rail system and commuter trains for the outer burbs.

You will like Nashville I think. Just know it is a bit more religious oriented than most places and if you are not Christian it can be a bit "different"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville