Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 07:12 AM

9 posts, read 86,481 times

Advertisements

hi folks, new to the forum and will be new to Nashville.

We have been looking in the Gallatin, Hendersonville, White House areas.

But, recently found something in the Madsion area. An area they call "the Bend"...I understand the "crime" in the Mall area, and that may be skewing the stats. But we are very interested in this house and don't want to make a leap and then find out that we are in an undesirable area.

If any folks that are familiar personally with the area, and not going on rumor or hearsay. Please let us know your thoughts..

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2008, 07:49 AM

7 posts, read 14,969 times
The Neely's Bend area of Madison is a beautiful place! Peeler Park is at the southernmost point, which includes boat ramp access to the Cumberland River. It's a quiet area, but traffic can sometimes be aggravating because there is no connection over the river, and access to the Bend is limited by a two lane road, although that is under widening construction.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:23 AM

9 posts, read 86,481 times
Thanks for the reply.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on the safety/security of the area we are describing here as "The Bend" in the Madison area.

We really like this home, but need some "Local" knowledge...

Thanks for the input, we really appreciate it.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:21 AM

15 posts, read 50,771 times
It's kind of an oasis. Look at the crime stats for Madison, Hendersonville & Gallatin. Your choice will be obvious. White House is nice - prices may be a little more reasonable, but less amenities.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:15 AM

427 posts, read 1,307,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenlew View Post
It's kind of an oasis. Look at the crime stats for Madison, Hendersonville & Gallatin. Your choice will be obvious. White House is nice - prices may be a little more reasonable, but less amenities.

Madison is big. There are bad areas and good areas. This is true for Hendersonville, Gallatin, and White House, as well. I lived in Gallatin for many years, and there were parts of town where shootings were common.

I now live in Madison, and have had no trouble other than a truck break-in a couple of years ago.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:04 AM
kmw

25 posts, read 155,994 times
I don't live in the Neely's Bend area, but I moved to Madison 3 1/2 years ago from CA and am quite happy here. No problems...never felt unsafe. Good value and very close to Nashville...great shopping and restaurants. I have no kids, so don't worry about schools...but I do know people from Hendersonville who take their kids to a private school in Madison....Good Pasture.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:19 PM

71 posts, read 408,404 times
The bend is a beautiful area. I thought I heard something awhile back about investors trying to buy it up and develop it, but I haven't heard anything since. Sadly, they'll probably get it eventually. They usually do, but I hope not!!! People who live there complain about traffic being dangerous on that road.

Apparently, crime is subjective. I think Madison is awful. I live about five minutes from "downtown" Madison. I've seen a robbery outside Toys R Us (and heard of several more), robberies outside of Best Buy, armed robberies at the mall in the middle of the day...My husband's office is in a strip plaza in Madison and businesses on both side of him have been robbed at gunpoint. Shooting outside of Chuck E Cheese, assaults/robberies outside of restaurants...I do feel unsafe in Madison, and for good reason. However, you could do all of your shopping and business somewhere else. Sadly, there are very few "safe" towns anymore. Crime from Madison is starting to spill over into Hendersonville more and more (police officer friend's words, not mine).

I'd say you aren't any worse off in that area than in Hendersonville,Goodlettsville, Gallatin,etc...And it is beautiful!

Old 03-24-2008, 03:46 PM

187 posts, read 611,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernStar View Post
The bend is a beautiful area. I thought I heard something awhile back about investors trying to buy it up and develop it, but I haven't heard anything since. Sadly, they'll probably get it eventually. They usually do, but I hope not!!! People who live there complain about traffic being dangerous on that road.

Apparently, crime is subjective. I think Madison is awful. I live about five minutes from "downtown" Madison. I've seen a robbery outside Toys R Us (and heard of several more), robberies outside of Best Buy, armed robberies at the mall in the middle of the day...My husband's office is in a strip plaza in Madison and businesses on both side of him have been robbed at gunpoint. Shooting outside of Chuck E Cheese, assaults/robberies outside of restaurants...I do feel unsafe in Madison, and for good reason. However, you could do all of your shopping and business somewhere else. Sadly, there are very few "safe" towns anymore. Crime from Madison is starting to spill over into Hendersonville more and more (police officer friend's words, not mine).

I'd say you aren't any worse off in that area than in Hendersonville,Goodlettsville, Gallatin,etc...And it is beautiful!
Sad to hear the bad parts are spilling into Hendersonville. In reading all the posts on these boards, everyone is always commenting on how crime is so low in Hend' and how they feel so safe! I hope it stays that way. Is your police officer friend on the Hendersonville PD? I know Gallatin has it's not so good area, I'm not very familiar with Goodlettsville, and I have always heard Madison was not a great area (just hear say). But this is the first time I'm hearing Hendersonville thrown onto the mix??

Old 03-24-2008, 05:21 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,739,536 times
I've never seen a bad part of Hendersonville.

The Neely's Bend area is gorgeous. I never knew it was back there until my husband took me out that way to show me. I had to have some tests done at TCH, and he went that way when we left. Great area, very secluded and private.

I have been in and out of Best Buys countless times, and I've never had a problem. I've been there at 2 in the afternoon, and 9 at night. Nothing. The same goes for Toys R Us, Chuckie Cheese and the Mall itself. I do pay attention to what's going on around me, and that might be part of the problem. Mom's are pre-occupied with the kids, teenagers are too busy talking, etc. I have ALWAYS felt safe in Madison.

Hickory Hollow Mall is one place I avoid like crazy. Ever since those shootings I don't even think about going there.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:48 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad fiddler View Post
Madison is big. There are bad areas and good areas. This is true for Hendersonville, Gallatin, and White House, as well. I lived in Gallatin for many years, and there were parts of town where shootings were common.

I now live in Madison, and have had no trouble other than a truck break-in a couple of years ago.
Where are the bad areas in Hendersonville???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville