Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 02:53 PM

11 posts, read 33,480 times

Advertisements

Taco Express in Columbia. It is a little deceiving located behind a gas station, but their fish tacos are great. It reminds me of the little taquerias in Austin, TX.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 09:59 PM

39 posts, read 245,959 times
Try Rose Pepper in E. Nashville.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:24 AM

84 posts, read 491,877 times
Hi, I'm from Southern California too! My husband and I have been trying out various Mexican restaurants in the Franklin area since we moved here in September of last year. So far we like Nachos the best. It is located by the Publix & Home Depot, I believe on Royal Oaks. We haven't found anything as good as California Mexican food yet though. My hubby wants to try a restaurant on Nolensville Rd. next, we might have some luck there. I think the majority of the Mexican food places around here are more of the Texas-style variety, and that is just not what I'm (and probably you as well) used to at all! But you should try Nachos, it is very good & I've heard some famous people have been spotted eating there too. Good luck in your search!

Old 04-13-2008, 09:24 AM

73 posts, read 246,005 times
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Old 04-13-2008, 11:35 AM

84 posts, read 491,877 times
Here's a little update: My hubby and I tried a different Mexican place in Franklin called Garcia's last night, and it was muy excellente!!! I think we like it even better than Nachos now. What we were really looking for is shredded beef in tacos, burritos, ect., as opposed to the ususal ground beef that most of the restaurants use around here, and we were so happy to find it at Garcia's!! My husband ordered the chimichanga and I ordered a crispy taco and pork tamale plate. We were both very pleased. Just another suggestion for ya! Garcia's is located off Murfreesboro Rd., next to the Hobby Lobby, and close to the Kroger store over there.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:11 AM
kmw

25 posts, read 156,008 times
I agree about Garcia's!! They've opened another location in Madison...just north of Rivergate on Gallatin....almost to Hendersonville. I'm from CA, and I love their food, compared to most other restaurants I've tried. Good cheese enchiladas!
My other 2 favorites are La Paz in Green Hills and Rosepepper Cantina in East Nashville.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:00 AM

30 posts, read 90,351 times
Another San Diego girl here! If you're in Williamson County, there's a little mexican place near the Admin Bldg on West main in Franklin called Pueblo Real. It's especially good if you like spicy (they have a habanero shrimp that's FABULOUS - HOT, but it also has a lot of flavor).

Old 04-17-2008, 11:19 AM

101 posts, read 383,343 times
La Paz is very yummy. Going to have to check out this Garcias! Have been looking for good mexican the whole time I have been here and just haven't found it.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:55 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
My family likes Garcia's too. My daughter LOVES their fish specials.

Here's a new addition- Rosario's. It's off the Row on Edgehill in Nashville. SO, SO good.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:53 PM

1,087 posts, read 3,517,855 times
It's been many years ago, but when I lived in Nashville I used to like a little Mexican restaurant on the corner of Nolensville Rd and Old Hickory Blvd. There was a Walmart in that center. I don't know if Walmart is still there or not. I can't remember the name of the place, but it was small and very authentic. I loved their carne asada tacos, which were smaller than usual soft tortilla shells stuffed with strips of beef. Ok, now I am soooo craving those little tacos. Yum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville