Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 06:28 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,278,971 times

Advertisements

I wish they'd open one in Hendersonville. The Indian Lake area is being built up, and I'd love to have one here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 09:42 AM

933 posts, read 2,741,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big TR View Post
My guess is their next store will be somewhere in Cool Springs. It will be a while before they figure out if their first store is profitable enough for them to continue expansion in Nashville.
Yeah, I forsee the next one opening up in Cool Springs and possibly a third store opening either downtown or in East Nashville. They will want to maximize their distribution route from Atlanta and one store in the area isn't going to do it.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:58 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,903,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yank283 View Post
Yeah, I forsee the next one opening up in Cool Springs and possibly a third store opening either downtown or in East Nashville. They will want to maximize their distribution route from Atlanta and one store in the area isn't going to do it.
Forget it. I asked directly. They said they have no plans to expand in this area. The hillsboro location was just too good to pass up.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:14 AM

627 posts, read 1,845,718 times
They always say that. They never tip off that they want to expand in a given area because then those with suitable sites will be on the lookout to gouge them if and when they come knocking.

There are so many California transplants (due to Nissan) living in the Cool Springs area it is almost guaranteed that they will open up a store there in a couple of years. Californian's see TJ's like Whitney Houston sees crack.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:44 AM

933 posts, read 2,741,221 times
Quote:
They always say that. They never tip off that they want to expand in a given area because then those with suitable sites will be on the lookout to gouge them if and when they come knocking.

There are so many California transplants (due to Nissan) living in the Cool Springs area it is almost guaranteed that they will open up a store there in a couple of years. Californian's see TJ's like Whitney Houston sees crack.
Yeah, they absolutely catagorically denied that they were opening a store in Nashville, right up until the day they announced the new store coming. It's the way they operate.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:42 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,054 times
Default serve me some of what you have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yank283 View Post
this is wishful thinking. major grocery chains such as these discussed have to invest in high volume locations in order to make a meager 1-2% profit margin. this margin is extremely important to large grocery chains, as they must usually build large box stores to make this happen. these particular stores mentioned have both suburban and urban-style stores. the urban stores are generally in the range of 10,000-20,000 sq ft. they are significantly smaller than their suburban cousins. national grocery chains base their market area on perimeters of 1, 3, and 5 miles. within this perimeter, a significant core population must reside, and market demand cannot be challenged by the over-abundance of competition. too, operating hours need to be extended through the majority of the day or entirely through a twenty-four hour cycle. needless to say, nashville, tn does not meet the population requirement, and it cannot sustain a profitable market for the area named. currently, nashville has a downtown resident population of approximately 5500. east nashville, tn is both demographically/economically undesirable and unsustainable. grocery markets are extremely well planned out demographically, and they are usually the result of intense and careful scrutiny. in fact, the 11/08/08 opening of the brentwood store was an "iffy" decision, which would not have occured had all things been equal with another food retail situation.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:30 AM

627 posts, read 1,845,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
in fact, the 11/08/08 opening of the brentwood store was an "iffy" decision, which would not have occured had all things been equal with another food retail situation.
What store in Brentwood are you referring to?

Old 05-10-2009, 09:33 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,054 times
Quote:
What store in Brentwood are you referring to?
sorry, talking to my cousin about that area while typing and listening to him...green hills. that is in west nashville, unless they have moved it in the last few weeks...check williamson county.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:45 PM

215 posts, read 681,701 times
I wish a Trader Joe's would open in East Nashville on Dickerson Road in the empty building for lease where Walgreens used to be near Mapco Express.I will point out that building is big enough for Trader Joe's and it has good parking also.

I did email them online about it but only got a small thank you response so perhaps they will consider it but the high lease on that building is probably the issue and the fact of them most likely doing Franklin or somewhere else next before East Nashville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville