Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 08:56 PM

764 posts, read 2,539,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasawolfe View Post
Dawn, Unless you are willing t move, apply for a waiver or lie, you can not transfer your child out of one school aand into another. I taught in the Rutherford County School system for several years and know a few of the teachers at Stewarts Creek and respect them and their ability, but would not recommend the school to any parents. I wouldn't recommend the City of Smyrna as a place to live. If moving is a consideration, consider it!
Bump 'cause as a very involved parent of a child attending SCE and a resident of the Smyrna/Murfreesboro area for the past, oh 35 years, I'd love to hear details insetad of a blanket statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 06:02 AM

2 posts, read 10,175 times
Default Sorry

I wasn't trying to run down Smyrna, it is just too close to Nashville, it was not meant to be taken as a slam against the school or town. I apoligize if I offended anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Moon View Post
Douglasawolfe,

What exactly is your reasoning behind your negative view of SCE or the City of Smyrna?

Old 05-12-2008, 11:15 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,588,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasawolfe View Post
I wasn't trying to run down Smyrna, it is just too close to Nashville, it was not meant to be taken as a slam against the school or town. I apoligize if I offended anyone.
I don't get it. How is Smyrna too close to Nashville? How far out do you have to go to be not too close? Am I the only one confused?

Old 03-11-2010, 06:41 AM

25 posts, read 54,705 times
Default Stewarts Creek

Hi! I know this is kind of an old thread.

This is more directed at Mary Moon, but anyone that can help - awesome!! lol

We just returned from a visit down to Tennessee, for very possible relocation. GORGEOUS WEATHER! Coming from Ohio and all this blasted snow, it was so nice to enjoy a couple days of 60-70 degree weather and see some flowers!

Anyways, we were driving around some of the towns were were interested in seeing for ourselves. One of the top ones being Nolensville. That was as far south as we were able to make this trip. We loved it, but would love to see it all!

I would LOVE to glean information on housing developments and things to do in the Stewart Creek area. My next trip down will definitely be focusing on this area. We love the feel of the area of Nolensville, the rural/yet close to things and we want to have a community feel where we may see the same face twice! lol

Mt Juliet has been ruled out, it's not our cup of tea, at least what we were able to see, too busy for us.

Mary knows what my husband's commute would be, but really, it seemed pretty quick to get to there from basically everywhere we went. We put on a lot of miles on that rental car! lol

Anyways, I'd love information on the Stewart Creek Elementary school area, it was on my list, but we ran out of time.

Thanks!
Michelle

Old 03-15-2010, 08:16 PM

764 posts, read 2,539,937 times
Hi! I must have missed this when you updated earlier! Glad you had a great return visit and got to experience our brief nice weather. It's cold today, but supposed to be back up to the high 60's by Friday. Yay! I guess your husband's transfer is looking positive?

The Stewarts Creek schools area is in a great location for reaching lots of shopping and entertainment in several areas. It's only 10 minutes or so from Smyrna, Murfreesboro, Nolensville and 25 to Cool Springs/Franklin or the Providence sopping center in Mt. Juliet. It's not a small town like Nolensville - just a residential area. I'm guessing at your price range, but you'd probably find the following developments appropriate: Arlington, zip 37167; Stonewood, 37167; Stewart Springs, 37129 and Stewart Creek Farms, 37129. Stewart Springs has a high concentration of area students and a very active HOA with lots of activities planned year round. The lots are small, about 1/3 acre, but there are sidewalks on both sides of the street and you can always see families out and about when the weather is nicer. Stonewood is my favorite because the lots are larger, but there are no sidewalks. Stewart Creek Farms as all underground utilities,sidewalks and some larger lots, but the landscape lacks character with few trees. Arlington is the most desirable, but homes rarely it the market there.

DM me when you get closer to your next trip down!

Old 03-16-2010, 06:14 AM

909 posts, read 1,057,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Moon View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Zago isn't accepting further applications for zone exemptions. Exemptions are granted at his discretion and SCE jumped in enrollment from just over 600 last year to over 800 this school year. The school was buiilt for 1000 so we're already getting close to being full.

A new elementary school on Baker Road is scheduled to be built and open for the 2009-2010 school year and it will relieve any overcrowding at SCE. Subdivisions continue to be built left and right around here so I imagine SCE will stay at max capacity.

Have you given any thought to moving to the SCE school zone area? There are homes to be found in all price ranges and it's a great area to raise kids. I know, I was raised in the Almaville area myself and came back to raise my own here!
Mr. Zago's former school Rock Springs Elem. is also very good. It's on the west side of I-24 between LaVergne and Smyrna

Old 03-16-2010, 06:31 AM

25 posts, read 54,705 times
Sorry about the bump rule breaking

Thanks Mary! It will be about a year, because of everything going on higher up, so we'll see if that will be the case! But we are working hard to get the house ready here and being ready to go at any time!

Thanks for the information - extremely helpful! Hopefully we can make another trip down this summer for another look around. I want to be ready and not be in a panic or scramble to look for places to live when the time is on top of us!

I will research those areas the best I can here, but a bit of space is nice and something we are really interested in. But having the ability to play with other kids is extremely important to us as well. So finding the happy medium is my goal! lol

Thank you again and I will let you know when we plan another trip down and maybe we can meet up with the hubby's for dinner or something!

I actually "met" another mom on Facebook that will be zoned Stewarts Creek! Are you on FB? Dm me if you are and interested in friending.

Have a great day and enjoy your weather...At least the snow is gone up here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville