Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 04:54 PM

107 posts, read 267,118 times

Advertisements

All of you have been SO NICE and so HELPFUL!!

The move is getting closer and I can't work and don't want to be here anymore!!

I move at the end of this month to Murfreesboro. I wanted to find out where a good place to get my nails done would be. I know this might sound silly- BUT I have been going to the lady who does my nails for YEARS!! She is the only one who does them how I like them. I have acrylics and they are a french manicure. The white part is not paint, it's white acrylic. She also does not use one of those drills like some places do. She does use it to drill out the white but uses a file to do the rest. I would rather go to a salon some place and not one of those nail places that are on every corner.

Thank you for any help you can supply!!!!!

Old 04-14-2008, 07:40 PM

Ok everyone!!

Is there no-one on here who gets their nails done???

Need help PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-14-2008, 07:50 PM

256 posts, read 888,557 times
Many places say you can refuse the drill...
U mean not the whte paint by the nail, u mean the nail that she puts on is white? then she does it that way...if soo many of the places does it, or the ones i go to does. But I go to a place in White house.. which is alil far for u to drive...
here is the places i found on google
A. Rain Tree Salon & Day Spa

- Home - The Rain Tree Salon & Day Spa in Murfreesboro TN - (615) 867-3000 - 3 reviews
B. Dynasty Nails

- maps.google.com - (615) 867-9499 - more
C. Headlines

- maps.google.com - (615) 907-8000 - more
D. Ideal Hairstyling

- maps.google.com - (615) 893-9385 - more
E. Adorn Color Salon & Beauty Market

- Adorn Zen Spa, Color Salon & Beauty Products, specializing in hair color - (615) 896-1776 - 1 review
F. A Touch of a Feather Day Spa

- Untitled Document - (615) 867-0017 - more
G. Roses Nail Salon

- maps.google.com - (615) 890-3001 - more
H. Polished

- maps.google.com - (615) 896-0700 - more
I. Nail & Day Spa

- maps.google.com - (615) 494-0061 - more
J. Top Nails Salon

- maps.google.com - (615) 890-1265 - more

Old 04-14-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran_smith View Post
Many places say you can refuse the drill...
U mean not the whte paint by the nail, u mean the nail that she puts on is white? then she does it that way...if soo many of the places does it, or the ones i go to does. But I go to a place in White house.. which is alil far for u to drive...
here is the places i found on google
A. Rain Tree Salon & Day Spa

- Home - The Rain Tree Salon & Day Spa in Murfreesboro TN - (615) 867-3000 - 3 reviews
B. Dynasty Nails

- maps.google.com - (615) 867-9499 - more
C. Headlines

- maps.google.com - (615) 907-8000 - more
D. Ideal Hairstyling

- maps.google.com - (615) 893-9385 - more
E. Adorn Color Salon & Beauty Market

- Adorn Zen Spa, Color Salon & Beauty Products, specializing in hair color - (615) 896-1776 - 1 review
F. A Touch of a Feather Day Spa

- Untitled Document - (615) 867-0017 - more
G. Roses Nail Salon

- maps.google.com - (615) 890-3001 - more
H. Polished

- maps.google.com - (615) 896-0700 - more
I. Nail & Day Spa

- maps.google.com - (615) 494-0061 - more
J. Top Nails Salon

- maps.google.com - (615) 890-1265 - more

Hi Bran_Smith-

You didn't have to do all of that! THANK YOU!! Actually it's all acrylic. It's not a nail that she puts on. What she does is drill the white out everytime I go and then she puts white acrylic at the tips and then covers the whole nail with clear acrylic. It's hard to explain but maybe I'm just thinking stupid and that no other places do it. Thanks for the info. I am going to look all of these up.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:31 PM
BNB

172 posts, read 691,938 times
Hi SRRB2008,

I know exactly what you mean. I have my manicurist license (california) and am very particular about my acrylic nails too. I call it "old school". Pink and white acrylic with forms (no tips) and using a file around the nail bed. I am also picky about the quality of my products. It is hard to find salons like that here in CA.

I do my own nails (Inow work in a law office) but I keep my license up to date.

Occasionally I have my nails done professionally too (when I am attending a special occasion and short on time!) We're planning a move back in October 2008. Good luck in your search.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:38 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,364,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRRB2008 View Post
Hi Bran_Smith-

You didn't have to do all of that! THANK YOU!! Actually it's all acrylic. It's not a nail that she puts on. What she does is drill the white out everytime I go and then she puts white acrylic at the tips and then covers the whole nail with clear acrylic. It's hard to explain but maybe I'm just thinking stupid and that no other places do it. Thanks for the info. I am going to look all of these up.
Its called Pink and White unless you get white only. They do it both ways. That is how my nails are done but I get mine done in Nashville, at the Hair Studio in the Lenox Village Complex. A girl named Kimberly does my nails and has for almost 2 years.
Welcome to Murfreesboro, I'm there every Friday taking my daughter who is a student at MTSU to Lunch.
Diane G

Old 04-15-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Its called Pink and White unless you get white only. They do it both ways. That is how my nails are done but I get mine done in Nashville, at the Hair Studio in the Lenox Village Complex. A girl named Kimberly does my nails and has for almost 2 years.
Welcome to Murfreesboro, I'm there every Friday taking my daughter who is a student at MTSU to Lunch.
Diane G
Hi Diane-
I just got my nails done for the LAST time here in Michigan. I wish I could take a picture, they look SO GOOD!! I did ask my nail lady and she did say that it's called pink and white. I knew that BUT not alot of people know how to do the WHITE acrylic. Do you get the white acrylic?? How much does your lady charge? I might just give her a try if it's not too far from me.

Thanks for your help!!

Old 04-15-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNB View Post
Hi SRRB2008,

I know exactly what you mean. I have my manicurist license (california) and am very particular about my acrylic nails too. I call it "old school". Pink and white acrylic with forms (no tips) and using a file around the nail bed. I am also picky about the quality of my products. It is hard to find salons like that here in CA.

I do my own nails (Inow work in a law office) but I keep my license up to date.

Occasionally I have my nails done professionally too (when I am attending a special occasion and short on time!) We're planning a move back in October 2008. Good luck in your search.

Hi- Are you in Tennessee and do you do nails???? I may have read your message wrong. Or are you in CA now and moving back to Tennessee in Oct.???

Thank you!!

Old 04-15-2008, 10:31 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,364,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRRB2008 View Post
Hi Diane-
I just got my nails done for the LAST time here in Michigan. I wish I could take a picture, they look SO GOOD!! I did ask my nail lady and she did say that it's called pink and white. I knew that BUT not alot of people know how to do the WHITE acrylic. Do you get the white acrylic?? How much does your lady charge? I might just give her a try if it's not too far from me.

Thanks for your help!!
She does a wonderful job. She is orginally from Boston, but has been here for years. The White part she does every 4-6 weeks, and it does last. The Pink every 2 weeks. I do get the white Acrylic, no polish. Its $23 when I get white part only, and $30 when I get both, since both doesn't need to be done as often.

Diane G

Old 04-16-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
She does a wonderful job. She is orginally from Boston, but has been here for years. The White part she does every 4-6 weeks, and it does last. The Pink every 2 weeks. I do get the white Acrylic, no polish. Its $23 when I get white part only, and $30 when I get both, since both doesn't need to be done as often.

Diane G
Diane-
I sent you a message because I know it gets hard to know if someone wrote you back on here. Let me know what you think on the message I sent you.

THANKS AGAIN!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville