U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 11:14 AM

3,713 posts, read 3,478,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Anybody been to Costco lately? A friend in CA says there are huge lines to get in. The Publix by me is doing a great job although yes, lots of empty shelves. I did get milk this morning but the bread aisle had that "snowstorm coming" anemic look. Has anyone been able to work at home? Are you going out to restaurants? I would like to support local businesses but will probably do take out. The Frist is closed, and the museum at Cheekwood.

At least gas is really cheap!

The Kroger near me (epicenter of the tornado) is pretty well stocked food-wise, including milk and bread. Beer and frozen pizza are running low thanks to all the 20-somethings dudes living in Germantown.

I've been working from home all last week (tornado follow-up - needed to be home for all the people having to come by, plus AT&T having C-19). Working from home today. No issues. Yea Google Fiber. It came back on when the electricity did.

We went to dinner Saturday night to somewhere that we knew wouldn't be packed. Will likely be doing some DoorDash, UberEats, etc. to help out the local restaurant economy.

My gym is still an emergency tornado shelter but the pool is open for lap swimming only.

No Preds games.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2020, 11:28 AM

1,200 posts, read 1,508,683 times
NASHVILLE ZOO IS OPEN!
The health and safety of our guests, staff, volunteers and animals is our top priority, and we are closely monitoring any new developments related to COVID-19 (coronavirus). The Zoo is following guidance from local health officials, the Tennessee Department of Health and the CDC.

We are taking extra precautions including increasing our cleaning of high-contact areas and surfaces, providing extra hand-sanitizing stations throughout the Zoo, and providing our team members with information and supplies for proper preventative care.

To address the need to limit large gatherings, Nashville Zoo is postponing or canceling all education programs (except Girl Scout Safari Day on 3/14), keeper talks, animal shows, Backstage Pass tours, and private parties through April 1.

The Zoo will remain open, but Unseen New World, carousel, train, and Zoofari Café will be closed through April 1 (other concession stands will remain open). Because of the limited amenities, Nashville Zoo is reducing our admission pricing to $16 for adults, $12 for children and $14 for seniors through April 1.

Old 03-18-2020, 09:55 AM

3,798 posts, read 7,417,695 times
An observation this morning from a homeless man downtown observing the lack of people on the streets: "Man, this is like the Walking Dead!" Well said, sir.

Old 03-18-2020, 10:35 AM

7,307 posts, read 5,405,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Anybody been to Costco lately? A friend in CA says there are huge lines to get in. The Publix by me is doing a great job although yes, lots of empty shelves. I did get milk this morning but the bread aisle had that "snowstorm coming" anemic look. Has anyone been able to work at home? Are you going out to restaurants? I would like to support local businesses but will probably do take out. The Frist is closed, and the museum at Cheekwood.

At least gas is really cheap!

We tried to go two days ago to Charlotte Ave. They were handing out tickets to get in and you were limited to the number of items such as paper towels and baby wipes. They are out of toilet paper. The line was so long we just turned around. Mess...

Old 03-18-2020, 11:12 AM

1,391 posts, read 1,109,974 times
I have lived in “you can’t get here from anywhere” rural areas the bulk of my life, so stockpiling is a way of life.

Having been raised on a dairy farm and selling milk commercially, cleanliness was and still is of the first order. I probably have more sterilizing products in my horse barn than some people have in their house.

Being in our early 70’s we are exercising extra caution but “chicken little the sky is falling” is not in our DNA.

We are still fairly hardy - Two weekends ago, DH and I cut up the sixty foot tree that uprooted from all the rain in January and crashed twenty feet of my horse fence down to the ground. Yes it took us the whole weekend but it’s done, DH fixed the woven wire so good I can’t even tell it was smashed, unless I walk right up to it.

My point is, this too shall pass so long as everyone uses some common sense and tries to adhere to the social distancing policy for awhile. We need to be kept informed but some people blow that information way out of proportion and run around “like a chicken with its head cut off” <—- which, if you ever have had chickens on the farm, you’re familiar with the saying and how it came to be, lollol.

The medical profession is encouraging teleconference, Skype, etc. to speak to the doctor, instead of just showing up for an appointment.

They are also asking people to cancel all elective surgeries for now. That means no face lifts and no butt lifts

Old 03-18-2020, 01:51 PM

2,887 posts, read 5,939,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normashirley View Post
I have lived in “you can’t get here from anywhere” rural areas the bulk of my life, so stockpiling is a way of life.

Having been raised on a dairy farm and selling milk commercially, cleanliness was and still is of the first order. I probably have more sterilizing products in my horse barn than some people have in their house.

Being in our early 70’s we are exercising extra caution but “chicken little the sky is falling” is not in our DNA.

We are still fairly hardy - Two weekends ago, DH and I cut up the sixty foot tree that uprooted from all the rain in January and crashed twenty feet of my horse fence down to the ground. Yes it took us the whole weekend but it’s done, DH fixed the woven wire so good I can’t even tell it was smashed, unless I walk right up to it.

My point is, this too shall pass so long as everyone uses some common sense and tries to adhere to the social distancing policy for awhile. We need to be kept informed but some people blow that information way out of proportion and run around “like a chicken with its head cut off” <—- which, if you ever have had chickens on the farm, you’re familiar with the saying and how it came to be, lollol.

The medical profession is encouraging teleconference, Skype, etc. to speak to the doctor, instead of just showing up for an appointment.

They are also asking people to cancel all elective surgeries for now. That means no face lifts and no butt lifts
My Grandmother never put a store-bought chicken on her table. I remember the first time I saw her snag a chicken. I had to help clean it. LOL

Old 03-18-2020, 05:37 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,109,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
My Grandmother never put a store-bought chicken on her table. I remember the first time I saw her snag a chicken. I had to help clean it. LOL
That is too funny - thanks for the visual, lollol

Boy chicken feathers stink in boiling water

Old 03-19-2020, 09:46 AM

7,307 posts, read 5,405,917 times
An employee at State Farm has tested positive in Murfreesboro.

Old 03-21-2020, 05:00 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,508,683 times
Default Davidson County Test Locations

Vanderbilt Health Walk-In Clinic – Melrose, 2608 8th Ave. S, Suite 102A, Berry Hill, TN 37204 888-312-0847 Available to current Vanderbilt patients and employees only

Vanderbilt Health Walk-In Clinic – Bellevue, 7069-B, Highway 70 South, Nashville, TN 37221 888-312-0847 Available to current Vanderbilt patients and employees only

Vanderbilt Health Walk-In Clinic - Belle Meade, 4534 Harding Pike, Nashville, TN 37205 888-312-0847 Available to current Vanderbilt patients and employees only

Ascension telehealth available for Davidson County: https://healthcare.ascension.org/

Vanderbilt drive up location at 2104 Dayton Ave, Nashville, TN 37210 888-312-0847

FOR OTHER TN COUNTIES
https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html

Old 03-27-2020, 07:21 AM

3,798 posts, read 7,417,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWoodle View Post
Vanderbilt Health Walk-In Clinic – Melrose, 2608 8th Ave. S, Suite 102A, Berry Hill, TN 37204 888-312-0847 Available to current Vanderbilt patients and employees only

Vanderbilt Health Walk-In Clinic – Bellevue, 7069-B, Highway 70 South, Nashville, TN 37221 888-312-0847 Available to current Vanderbilt patients and employees only

Vanderbilt Health Walk-In Clinic - Belle Meade, 4534 Harding Pike, Nashville, TN 37205 888-312-0847 Available to current Vanderbilt patients and employees only

Ascension telehealth available for Davidson County: https://healthcare.ascension.org/

Vanderbilt drive up location at 2104 Dayton Ave, Nashville, TN 37210 888-312-0847

FOR OTHER TN COUNTIES
https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html
There's also a mobile/drive-thru testing area in one of the Titans lots across the street from the Exxon Tiger Mart on Shelby/Korean Veterans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville