Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2020, 01:06 PM

27 posts, read 36,218 times

Advertisements

Hello all! I am looking at some houses in Brentwood and was curious about the 41a commute to downtown. I am looking around Concorde and the 41a.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2020, 07:58 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzRob View Post
Hello all! I am looking at some houses in Brentwood and was curious about the 41a commute to downtown. I am looking around Concorde and the 41a.
So ... a bit of local knowledge ... folks here don't call it "the 41a." It's just Nolensville Road. Usually only the interstates get called by numbers.

It can get pretty congested during peak times heading north. The part I don't like about driving Nolensville Road is that, once you're into Nashville it opens up and enters heavy commercial area, with cars turning in and out constantly and pedestrians crossing at random places and just general "business."

But it's shorter "as the crow flies," depending on where in Brentwood you'd be coming from. The fact that Concord is two lanes can make the east-west part of the drive sluggish.

It's definitely not the worst drive in the area, though.

Old 05-13-2020, 08:45 PM

1,948 posts, read 1,516,069 times
I lived in Nolensville for many years. We native sons call it Nolensville Pike.

The Burkitt Road area is the fastest growing part of Davidson County, and it's spilling over into Williamson County. The Concord Rd./Nolensville Rd. area is no where near Brentwood, and it's a wonder that Franklin hasn't annexed that area into their city.

I came and went for work at weird times, so traffic wasn't such a big deal to me. But I did usually cut cross country either over to Cool Springs or over to Old Hickory Blvd. in Antioch to get on the interstate.

I preferred to stay away from Nolensville Rd. north of Old Hickory Blvd. because the diversity of the population got on my nerves with their used tire stores and auto mechanics shops with non-English speaking employees.

I now live 90 minutes south, but we have only been to Nashville 2 times in the last 6 years--other than going to the airport. I may barely live in Alabama, but my heart remains in Williamson and Davidson counties.

Old 05-13-2020, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaman1 View Post

The Burkitt Road area is the fastest growing part of Davidson County, and it's spilling over into Williamson County. The Concord Rd./Nolensville Rd. area is no where near Brentwood, and it's a wonder that Franklin hasn't annexed that area into their city.
Probably because it's nowhere near Franklin and is in the urban growth boundary between Nashville, Brentwood and Nolensville.

Old 05-14-2020, 08:15 AM

3,043 posts, read 3,311,876 times
Quote:
May depend as you go north Nolensville changes into 2nd/4th or go over to 8th into downtown.

I bet most use Old Hickory or Harding to get over to I-65 instead of going past the zoo. Too much slow traffic & lights to make any time.

Old 05-14-2020, 05:52 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,741,047 times
I would use Franklin Rd to get to town. Much easier drive during commute times.

Old 05-14-2020, 07:14 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,330,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaman1 View Post
The Concord Rd./Nolensville Rd. area is no where near Brentwood, and it's a wonder that Franklin hasn't annexed that area into their city.
Bud, Brentwood literally annexed to the county line on Concord Rd. All but maybe 1,000 ft of that road is in Brentwood.

Old 05-15-2020, 08:50 PM

9,681 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
I would use Franklin Rd to get to town. Much easier drive during commute times.
Much

Old 05-16-2020, 01:36 PM

27 posts, read 36,218 times
We are looking at a home in Governors Club, and another home in a nearby area. Would it make sense to just use concord rd to get to the 65 from that area?

Anyone have experience with Governors club.. is it worth the premium?

Rob

Old 05-16-2020, 01:49 PM

Quote:
We are looking at a home in Governors Club, and another home in a nearby area. Would it make sense to just use concord rd to get to the 65 from that area?

Anyone have experience with Governors club.. is it worth the premium?

Rob
If you plan to use the amenities - golf all the time, dine at the club and use the pool, and you like a 24-hour manned security gate, it could be worth it.

I have a few friends who live there. It's mostly 40+ well-to-do retirees and entrepreneurs. There are lots of kids in the neighborhood, and they attend a variety of schools. It has people from all over.

Concord Road gets congested during rush hour as everyone else tries to get to the interstate as well. But there are only a few ways to get out of there. Everyone else has scoped out the alternatives, like winding your way up Edmondson Pike, etc. It's just part of living in that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville