Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2020, 01:55 AM

648 posts, read 428,852 times

Advertisements

Suicide bombing or was he murdered and put in the RV to make it look like a suicide bombing? No evidence I am aware of to show that is not a possibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2020, 02:02 AM

15,321 posts, read 8,926,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocoilslick View Post
Suicide bombing or was he murdered and put in the RV to make it look like a suicide bombing? No evidence I am aware of to show that is not a possibility.
Seems highly unlikely. The reports say, investigators believe it was a suicide.

Old 12-27-2020, 03:11 AM

7,998 posts, read 12,692,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Apparently the Target in Spring Hill was closed because they couldn’t accept credit or debit cards and the WalMart in Soddy Daisy was open but only accepting cash. 911 lines are still down as are the phones at the Williamson Medical Center. Wasn’t that AT&T “box” a block from 2nd Ave?
Walmart in Tullahoma was cash only as well. I have AT&T wireless internet and it was down all day Saturday but is now up as of 4am Sunday.

Old 12-27-2020, 05:04 AM

5,155 posts, read 4,604,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Wow. Aren't people special? How could someone believe this foolishness that 5G causes COVID-19?

He probably was a nutter. Still sad, however.

Old 12-27-2020, 06:31 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,748,914 times
AT&T is the parent company of CNN, and it's pretty clear that he was attacking the AT&T building. Perhaps he thought globally, acted locally. CNN has been dedicated to publicizing Trump's wrongdoings.

I expect that when they interview the family, and the beneficiary of the quitclaims, they'll find out what his motivation was. Don't be surprised if he believed that whacko conspiracy theory. Millions of Americans believe all sorts of whacko conspiracy theories. At least he clearly didn't want to kill people, but he's still caused a huge amount of damage to Nashville.

Old 12-27-2020, 06:49 AM

955 posts, read 604,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
CNN is saying it was a suicide bombing.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/26/us/na...ion/index.html
This is very sad. The man must've been very disturbed, isolated, and ill.

He should not have done what he did to others - incite fear, injure folks and put many people in danger. But most of all he did not need to take his own life. He must have been in a lot of pain and anguish. I pray for his soul and I ask the Lord to forgive him for his deeds!

Old 12-27-2020, 09:47 AM

15,321 posts, read 8,926,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
Wow. Aren't people special? How could someone believe this foolishness that 5G causes COVID-19?

He probably was a nutter. Still sad, however.
I think so. I was just watching a news conference and one of the cops who was there, said that just before the explosion, the guy was blasting Downtown by Petula Clark out of his loudspeakers. It's starting to sound like he was just a lunatic.

On a side note, I was slightly amused that the cops are all so young, that they had to Google the lyrics to figure out what the name of the song was.

Old 12-27-2020, 12:36 PM

4,338 posts, read 4,702,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Does anyone know if there is a GoFundMe set up for people and businesses affected on 2nd Ave?

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/nc...d-by-explosion

How you can help residents, first responders and businesses in wake of Nashville explosion

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...ts/4046209001/

Old 12-27-2020, 01:14 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,851,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocoilslick View Post
WE don't even know yet if the remains found were those of the suspected bomber or someone else. His mother is undergoing or has just undergone DNA tests to try to determine this.

One has to feel pity for her, to be faced with such a horrible tragedy when she's in her mid to late eighties. Seems so unjust - she lost her husband and other son several years ago, and now this....I hope she has kind neighbors and friends supporting her (and her surviving daughter) now.

Old 12-27-2020, 01:20 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,851,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I think so. I was just watching a news conference and one of the cops who was there, said that just before the explosion, the guy was blasting Downtown by Petula Clark out of his loudspeakers. It's starting to sound like he was just a lunatic.

On a side note, I was slightly amused that the cops are all so young, that they had to Google the lyrics to figure out what the name of the song was.
For those who don't remember the song and haven't yet checked it out online, Petula Clark was part of the British Invasion of pop music during the mid-sixties. She had numerous hits, and "Downtown" was one of her biggest. The song advises that "when you're alone, and life is making you lonely, you can always go...Downtown!" and continues to praise the distractions and pleasures of downtown and the possibility of meeting someone who is "just like you" - downtown.

Petula Clark, whose career started at a very young age during WWII, is 88 now and still in good health. What an odd sensation it must be to her, to learn that her smash hit became background music for another sort of "smashing".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville