Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 01:15 PM

113 posts, read 382,912 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know any good hair salons in the Nashville/Brentwood/Franklin area? Moving to White House area from Los Angeles and I figured because White House is a small city, I would have a better choice in the bigger cities. Or maybe not. I need someone who does weaving (bleach) and does current hair styles. I've been going to my same gal in Los Angeles forever and it's going to be hard not being able to go to her anymore. Would love some names and or numbers. Thanks again for such a great forum. I love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2008, 02:20 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,623,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliCouple View Post
Does anyone know any good hair salons in the Nashville/Brentwood/Franklin area? Moving to White House area from Los Angeles and I figured because White House is a small city, I would have a better choice in the bigger cities. Or maybe not. I need someone who does weaving (bleach) and does current hair styles. I've been going to my same gal in Los Angeles forever and it's going to be hard not being able to go to her anymore. Would love some names and or numbers. Thanks again for such a great forum. I love it!

I shave my head so I doubt I can be of assistance on this one. Unless, that is, you want me to shave your head. I do a darn good job and shaved heads are a "current hair style".

Old 05-18-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
I shave my head so I doubt I can be of assistance on this one. Unless, that is, you want me to shave your head. I do a darn good job and shaved heads are a "current hair style".
Thanks Steve_TN, but I think I'll pass. LOL LOL

Old 05-18-2008, 03:50 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,335,524 times
Good topic! I'll be needing an Aveda salon when I move so if anyone knows a good one. ( I know, they should all be good but I went to an alleged Aveda salon once and came out looking like a sunburned skunk!)

Old 05-18-2008, 04:27 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,002 times
Aveda in Cool Springs is good. Some stylists are better than others, though, obviously. Studio Gaven's very good too.

Good luck. I know it can be hard to leave someone you trust.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:34 PM

84 posts, read 491,714 times
Studio Gaven is really good. I went there AFTER I had my hair ruined at a salon in Franklin. I am new to the area also & it's not fun trying to find a new person to do your hair. Get all of the reccomendations that you can before going anywhere! I made the mistake of going to the closest one to where I live, and boy, I really paid big time for that mistake! The guy at Studio Gaven did a really good job of fixing (color) my hair. I'm definately going back there. I hope you have better luck than I did.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:38 AM

256 posts, read 888,508 times
I go to a place in Portland Tn called studio 180 and its just N. From white house not far at all....If you go either go to Amanda or Patrick

Old 05-19-2008, 03:26 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,335,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamazing75 View Post
Studio Gaven is really good. I went there AFTER I had my hair ruined at a salon in Franklin. I am new to the area also & it's not fun trying to find a new person to do your hair. Get all of the reccomendations that you can before going anywhere! I made the mistake of going to the closest one to where I live, and boy, I really paid big time for that mistake! The guy at Studio Gaven did a really good job of fixing (color) my hair. I'm definately going back there. I hope you have better luck than I did.
Is it Aveda? and I agree....the skunk episode happened at the salon closest to me. Now I drive across town and some of the people who work there are shocked that I'm willing to do so. No big deal! In WI I drove 45 minutes to get to my hair stylist!

Old 05-19-2008, 03:38 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,002 times
No, the Aveda salon is by PF Chang's. Studio Gaven sells Kerastase (Shu Uemura), Bumble & Bumble, etc.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:32 AM

Thank You everyone for some great replys. I'm writing everything down as I get them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville